LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 201 users in the forums

OTC's 2012 first round mock

I like the idea that we may draft an O-lineman in the first round. That would mean that 4 of the 5 starters are all 1st round picks. Concidering how much we run the ball and need to keep our QB up-right, I don't think it would hurt......I feel like we can find a WR in any round, but a ass-kicker at G is becoming harder and harder to find.
Originally posted by LoboLtnLvr49er:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by ninergold:
Seems like the Niners go after guys they like, regardless if the general community thinks they overpaid for them or not. Z looks to fill the only real hole for them. A great scenario would be someone trading up for that pick and them still selecting him and also getting another lower round pick in the deal.

Ideally, I think we could get exceptional value and still land an outstanding player if we trade down with a desperate team and pluck a 2013 first rounder from that team.

Could try something like say, Our #30 for a 2013 first round pick and a 2012 2nd rounder. Unlikely, but you never know.

Would jump on that in a heart beat!
love the idea
Originally posted by DVDA:
OTC, how do you rank the guards in this draft? I'm a big fan of Brandon Brooks with his size and athleticism.

My Top 10 right now:

1) David DeCastro, Stanford
2) Cordy Glenn, Georgia (G/T)
3) Kevin Zeitler, Wisconsin
4) Amini Silatolu, Midwestern State
5) Brandon Brooks, Miami-Ohio
6) Brandon Washington, Miami
7) Kelechi Osemele, Iowa State (G/T)
8) Tony Bergstrom, Utah (G/T)
9) Josh LeRibeus, SMU
10) Ryan Miller, Colorado
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
They always throw sticks at the biggest apples on the tree.

Some of the most recent comments - some of which I've responded to, and others that did not even warrant a response -- show a serious lack of knowledge about the game and the draft, both past and present..
Zeitler, Hill, and Tannehill are all reaches in the 1st IMO.

If we reach I hope its for Hill if we cant trade back. Tannehill in the top 15 is crazy...I know Mia might do it but damn...bad move.
Nice work OTC as usual.

I really like Zeitler. Did some homework on em after your mock.

Would you be happy with the pick.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jreff22:

If we reach I hope its for Hill if we cant trade back. Tannehill in the top 15 is crazy...I know Mia might do it but damn...bad move.

I agree, Tannehill in the top 15 is a huge reach IMO, I've always thought of him as a 2nd round pick.

I think we can all expect some team to be the fool. All we're waiting to see is who. Personally, I give Tannehill a late 2nd - early 3rd round grade.
  • crew
  • Veteran
My Top 10 right now:

1) David DeCastro, Stanford
2) Cordy Glenn, Georgia (G/T)
3) Kevin Zeitler, Wisconsin
4) Amini Silatolu, Midwestern State
5) Brandon Brooks, Miami-Ohio
6) Brandon Washington, Miami
7) Kelechi Osemele, Iowa State (G/T)
8) Tony Bergstrom, Utah (G/T)
9) Josh LeRibeus, SMU
10) Ryan Miller, Colorado

I'd take Zeitler over Glenn at #30
Updated. Last update.

Updated. Last update.

Just asking.

Do we really want to burn a 1st on a D-II LT that will move to RG? His name didn't even pick up steam until a few weeks ago. I just have a hard time seeing this kid not around in the mid 2nd and trading up to get him.
Updated. Last update.

Just asking.

Do we really want to burn a 1st on a D-II LT that will move to RG? His name didn't even pick up steam until a few weeks ago. I just have a hard time seeing this kid not around in the mid 2nd and trading up to get him.

If it was me, I wouldn't, but it's not my call. If he's the specific guy we want, and we don't feel we can trade down without losing him, we will take him there regardless. That appears to be their strategy going in.
Updated. Last update.

Just asking.

If it was me, I wouldn't, but it's not my call. If he's the specific guy we want, and we don't feel we can trade down without losing him, we will take him there regardless. That appears to be their strategy going in.

What grade do you have specifically on him?
Updated. Last update.

Just asking.

What grade do you have specifically on him?

High 2nd round grade.
Share 49ersWebzone