There are 234 users in the forums

Alright, Draft boys! Who's your draft crush?

Players that did awesome that I'd be happy with
Kuechly
Poe
Irvin
Cousins
Graham
Wylie
Glenn
B.Jones

Players that didnt do great (low 40's)
Criner
Herron
K.Wright
D.Allen
V.Curry
Stephen Hill....Serious man crush

I just want us to end up with Kendall Wright
I like in no particular order:

Courtney Upshaw
Kendall Wright
Juron Criner
Marvin McNutt
Coby Fleener
Melvin Ingram
Whitney Mercilus
Andre Branch
Nick Perry
Vinny Curry
Stephen Hill
Tommy Streeter
Casey Hayward
Omar Bolden
Jeff Fuller
Chris Owusu

Edit: Can probably cross off the OLB on the list. Might still take one semi high if we cut Haralson to save money but not likely. We didn't carry more than 3 last year so not sure we will draft a 4th OLB with Brooks, Aldon and Haralson (if he stays). Since we are taking off the OLBs I'll add Cordy Glenn or Peter Konz at 30.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Feb 28, 2012 at 6:22 PM ]
i'd like to see us grab colby fleener at #30 and then look to add some guys like marvin jones or devon wylie later on. i really like stephen hill too, but i just dont think we should take him at #30 and not see much from him his rookie year cuz he is so raw. WRs are such a gamble, especially ones that have no history of consistency, (not that he is inconsistent, but the O he came from did not give him a chance to prove it week in and week out...) Such a high pick on an unproven commodity, when you could be getting a much more known commodity with perhaps as big of a potential impact in fleener. MHO.

even though hes a little undersized too me hes the most gifted player in the draft. I remember watching Georgia a few years ago and seeing him make plays all over the field. Sucks hes hurt and cant participate today. And for all those worried hes 5'9 watch the vid he will having no probleming contesting big recievers.
Originally posted by SocalAgent0:
Steven Hill, 6'4" WR, shows good hands and instincts to make big grabs, and 4.36 40time... hard not to

This. I want Baalke and Harbaugh to make this happen.
Originally posted by tohara3:
This. I want Baalke and Harbaugh to make this happen.

Can't have a man crush on a guy if you can't spell his name right, Stephen mad a nice finger tip grab at the combine too.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
I just want us to end up with Kendall Wright

good possibility. Harbs interviewed RGIII regarding Wright. So the interest is there.
I want Mychal Kendricks, ILB for Cal. Only 5'11, but he's 240 pounds (same as Willis), super fast/explosive, and a good football player. With concerns about his height/size, maybe he could fall to the 4/5th round. Only thing is that ILB is the last position we really need, but I feel strongly that he'll be a great player , so I still want him. He will contribute on ST, and perhaps be a London Fletcher type at his size.

I guess I'm on the Hill/Fleener bandwagon.

Stephen Hill is just what the doctor ordered for the NIners at WR.....he totally ripped it up at the Combine. He might not even make it to the Niners pick now.

The guy that really makes sense for the Niners though is Fleener. Because.....

1) Harbaugh knows the guy inside and out
2) Is just what we need on offense.....a great big target for Alex Smith, let VD go deep. He's not a liability on the Line with his 27 reps at 225. Roman will have so much fun moving him around with VD and Walker.
3) He's friggin huge 6 6......teams kill us with the big TE (Witten, Graham) would love to have a guy like that on our team.
4) He knows the offense already and will fit right in.
5) We can get a good WR in the second or third round with some of the guys falling.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/09000d5d827302f3/article/stanfords-fleener-has-makings-of-next-great-nfl-tight-end GREAT ARTICLE ON FLEENER WITH A VIDEO INTERVIEW
[ Edited by Oldschool9erfan on Feb 28, 2012 at 1:03 PM ]
CB Josh Norman
I watched Poe run the 40 twice last night. Both times were under 5! WOW!

Speed, size and strength - he has the PO' to be a real star.
Alfonzo Dennard ... don't know why just liked his play the last couple years.
stephen hill or kendall wright
Share 49ersWebzone