49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 585 users in the forums

MileHigh mock pre-combine

Browse 49ers books and videos
I really don't see Fleener going that low, especially with the Giants and Colts needing a TE.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
I really don't see Fleener going that low, especially with the Giants and Colts needing a TE.

this
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
I really don't see Fleener going that low, especially with the Giants and Colts needing a TE.

this

I could see him dropping due to his ankle and then good showings by Allen and Charles. Again im not saying bottom of the second, but around the 45-50th pick, which if he isnt the first TE selected is definately possible.
[ Edited by 5280High on Feb 23, 2012 at 9:54 AM ]
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
I really don't see Fleener going that low, especially with the Giants and Colts needing a TE.

this

id go Fleener then Randle for the fact that there's still other recievers on the board if Randle is gone. (Quick, Jones,Hill, Streeter etc)
  • fan49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,293
Originally posted by martysofresh:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
I really don't see Fleener going that low, especially with the Giants and Colts needing a TE.

this

id go Fleener then Randle for the fact that there's still other recievers on the board if Randle is gone. (Quick, Jones,Hill, Streeter etc)

that arent as good
Originally posted by fan49:
Originally posted by martysofresh:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
I really don't see Fleener going that low, especially with the Giants and Colts needing a TE.

this

id go Fleener then Randle for the fact that there's still other recievers on the board if Randle is gone. (Quick, Jones,Hill, Streeter etc)

that arent as good

I honestly think it's gonna come down to who's hotter at that moment. Which is why I stated they could flip flop. This time of the year teams start getting wowed with athleticism. Which is why Randle was the 1st pick, and Fleener the second on the assumption that either Allen or Charles show off their athleticism at the combine which has more drills than a typical proday therefor more time to shine. Fleener will have a good pro-day but could be seen as a lumbering TE compared to say Allen. So it's whether the teams like Indy or the Giants want a Vernon Davis type or a Gronk type.
I think Charles is gonna be the 1st tight end drafted so Fleener in the mid 2nd round is plausible.I would think they need to sign a veteran OLB as well.
Originally posted by martysofresh:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
I really don't see Fleener going that low, especially with the Giants and Colts needing a TE.

this

id go Fleener then Randle for the fact that there's still other recievers on the board if Randle is gone. (Quick, Jones,Hill, Streeter etc)
I would also go Fleener first just because of the depth at WR and the lack of TE. Those would be great trades to pull off but you could just pick Fleener at 30 and then trade up in round 2 if we had to for Randle. Right now people have a lot of TE's and WR's going early in the draft because it's the craze right now but FA will come first and there are many proven WR's who will fill a need before the draft gets here. I think that will make some guys slide in the draft.

I like going hard core on offensive weapons in the draft. It is an aggressive move but it is cheaper for us to Resign Morgan since we didn't get to use him last year and then sign our draft picks. All signs point to resigning our own FA's and maybe Brooks? might be a casualty . Maybe we sign another FA WR but I don't think it's anything big. Braylon came on a cheap one year deal. I think it will be something similar to that. People might be worried about adding legit weapons but we have to be able to afford them. Resigning Morgan and our Def is the most important and then it would be cheaper to sign good offense weapons from the draft because we can get them to an initial 3 year deal at a cheaper rate.

Who knows??? FA will show us our missing pieces though...
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,352
I'd love it to go like this but it's doubtful. This is a reactionary league and "the year of the TE" is going to have the less saavy GMs overdrafting them. I can easily seeing us trade out of the 1st though and in most cases I would totally agree with that.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 3,131
Originally posted by SF69ers:
I really don't see Fleener going that low, especially with the Giants and Colts needing a TE.

Rams, Vikings, Dolphins, Cardinals, Giants yes, Colts no way
Originally posted by KID9R:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
I really don't see Fleener going that low, especially with the Giants and Colts needing a TE.

Rams, Vikings, Dolphins, Cardinals, Giants yes, Colts no way
Why not the Colts? Give him a weapon he is familiar with
Originally posted by KID9R:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
I really don't see Fleener going that low, especially with the Giants and Colts needing a TE.

Rams, Vikings, Dolphins, Cardinals, Giants yes, Colts no way

Why wouldn't the Colts go after him? Dallas Clark is getting up there in age, has been injured, and if they do select Andrew Luck, why not supply him with a weapon that he's comfortable with?
Originally posted by TX9R:
I'd love it to go like this but it's doubtful. This is a reactionary league and "the year of the TE" is going to have the less saavy GMs overdrafting them. I can easily seeing us trade out of the 1st though and in most cases I would totally agree with that.

If nobody over drafts Tannehill, I think they trade out of the 30th spot for a team trading up to get him.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by TX9R:
I'd love it to go like this but it's doubtful. This is a reactionary league and "the year of the TE" is going to have the less saavy GMs overdrafting them. I can easily seeing us trade out of the 1st though and in most cases I would totally agree with that.

If nobody over drafts Tannehill, I think they trade out of the 30th spot for a team trading up to get him.

This is what I am hoping will happen. swapping a late first for an early second and an additional pick in the 3-4 range would provide some extra ammo for moving around later rounds and target players that may have slipped. For example if we grab Fleener, but then Randles gone by the middle or later second round... Hill, Sanu, Streeter could all be viable options. If Fleener goes before we get a shot at him, then I think the FO starts considering moves to snag their top OLB available.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone