LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 307 users in the forums

The Official Tyrann Mathieu Bandwagon Thread (2013 Draft)

Im going to be disappointed if we dont draft him.
i bet we could get him to ball out of control for a weed only contract.
i
Deion Sanders said that he reached out to certain teams himself and told them not to sleep on him and to pick him early. I wonder if he talked to us.
  • KK49
  • Veteran
i wont be surprised if he gets drafted in the middle of the second ( probably by NE) there is no way he will fall.... we should trade up in the early 3-round if he slips that far..... we should start finding a way to trade up.... we r loaded , we dont need 6-7 rounders , that r goin to be cut anyway....
I just watched about 10 minutes of Tyrann highlights. The guy shifts the balance of games. I would draft him in the 2nd on upside alone. People have instincts that translate to the pro game well: special teams coverage skills, ball skills, diagnosing plays defensively (specifically short hitches, screens, sweeps). His impact on the game is on par with that of Charles Woodson in his prime. He has the proper demeanor to compliment the type of defense our front 7 wants to play.

Also, while he could play safety, the guy is definitely a corner in terms of what he brings to the table.
Originally posted by KK49:
i wont be surprised if he gets drafted in the middle of the second ( probably by NE) there is no way he will fall.... we should trade up in the early 3-round if he slips that far..... we should start finding a way to trade up.... we r loaded , we dont need 6-7 rounders , that r goin to be cut anyway....

I say we take him with #61 if he's there.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Gil Brandt ‏@Gil_Brandt

Mathieu will travel to San Francisco tonight and will meet with the 49ers tomorrow. When it's all over, Mathieu will have met with 19 teams.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Gil Brandt ‏@Gil_Brandt

Mathieu will travel to San Francisco tonight and will meet with the 49ers tomorrow. When it's all over, Mathieu will have met with 19 teams.

i want us to draft him, but i'm really getting the feeling that a team will reach in the 2nd, possibly the Bengals
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Gil Brandt ‏@Gil_Brandt

i want us to draft him, but i'm really getting the feeling that a team will reach in the 2nd, possibly the Bengals

I don't like your feeling cause my feeling is he will be a 49er
Originally posted by bamchito:
Gil Brandt ‏@Gil_Brandt

i'm hoping so.

Originally posted by bamchito:
Gil Brandt ‏@Gil_Brandt

i'm hoping so.

My feeling is that Seattle will reach for him.

To prevent that from happening the Niners will have to reach for him. Early third, if they can position themselves there with some trades.
IDK why, but I have this feeling that we get him @ pick 34. Hopefully. I know most people will say that's reaching but looking at our recent drafts I could see that happening.
I bet he goes in the 4th.
Gil Brandt ‏@Gil_Brandt

The Bengals usually don't reach for knuckleheads. They get 1st round talent that slips to the third because of drugs, attitude, assault, kidnapping or beastiality.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
It was I who first posted that Mathieu will be drafted by us in the 3rd round...

and the more i think about it, the 49ers will try and move down from the 34th pick (to gain more pick in 2014) and somewhere in the middle of the 3nd round, we will be drafting the Honey Badger!!!
Share 49ersWebzone