LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 265 users in the forums

The Official Tyrann Mathieu Bandwagon Thread (2013 Draft)

Originally posted by Montana1977:
Getting him and E.Reid would be a huge plus for our defense

I agree. Along with a big physical fast press corner (Xavier Rhodes, David Amerson, etc.) and our defense would be rejuvenated. I look for us to get at least two rookie dbs and probably three. Reminiscent of the 81 49ers defensive backfield.
The more I see this guy on almost every mock draft, the more I think it won't happen. Baalke has made some moves especially at the top of the draft that surprised many in the Zone. I don't think the Niners front office will take a chance on this guy. Then again.................who really knows.
The reason I don't think we're gonna get him, although I would like it if we did, is because a team is gonna reach for him in the 3rd
Originally posted by SF69ers:
The reason I don't think we're gonna get him, although I would like it if we did, is because a team is gonna reach for him in the 3rd

So do I
Mathieu continued to impress at his pro day for NFL scouts yesterday. He looked real good running drills and NFL.com analysts believe he may be selected in the 3rd round.
I hope it's the Niners who reach for him in the third
1st Tavon Austin now My boy Matheiu is coming to Santa Clara my draft is coming more realistic by the minute
He seems to have good instincts, although from the video Barrows posted on his blog, it looks like he can get pushed around due to his size.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
He's a pot head, I say pass.
I could see Baalke taking him with our last pick in the second or going early third on him. The niners might be the highest on him after watching our coaches consistently talking to him throughout the combine.

Originally posted by 5280High:
I could see Baalke taking him with our last pick in the second or going early third on him. The niners might be the highest on him after watching our coaches consistently talking to him throughout the combine.

Coupled with the fact that we don't have a viable option at FS at the moment.
Mathieu performed very well at the LSU pro day running the position drills. He still showed the speed and quickness. The surprise to scouts was that he officially weighed in at 194 lbs and did not lose a step.
Originally posted by mayo49:
He's a pot head, I say puff, puff, pass.

Fixed
Originally posted by ParkingLotPimpin:
Originally posted by mayo49:
He's a pot head, I say puff, puff, pass.

Fixed

The Niner's need "attitude" and some genuine swagger in their backfield. Right now they don't have anyone who does. This guy seems to have it.
Share 49ersWebzone