There are 176 users in the forums

The Official Tyrann Mathieu Bandwagon Thread (2013 Draft)

Originally posted by 9moon:
It was I who first posted that Mathieu will be drafted by us in the 3rd round...

and the more i think about it, the 49ers will try and move down from the 34th pick (to gain more pick in 2014) and somewhere in the middle of the 3nd round, we will be drafting the Honey Badger!!!

If we could get him in the 3rd or 4th that would be great, he's a natural playmaker and from the little footage I saw, was the most impressive CB at the combine. Plus his only off field "issues" was smokin a lil herb, give the kid a chance.
I would love to reunite him with Eric Reid.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by oregonniner:

Eric Reid and David Amerson all the way.
Originally posted by oregonniner:

I know I am going to get some heat for this but I do not think we will get him but I am starting to think some team is going to reach up and draft him late in the 2nd round because there are going to be a lot of teams that have him circled as a 3rd rounder on their charts. I heard when he last weighed in he was at 195. He is not that far off from Trenton Robinson or even Earl Thomas (one inch shorter). I know they both play safety but still people make a big deal about his size.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Since so many scouts are saying that the Honey Badger is actually more quicker than fast, with his football knowledge, maybe, just maybe, he can be our starting FS????

Heck, Indy's Bob Sanders played the position for about 5 years, didn't he?? and even won the NFL Defenesive Player of The Year??
  • krizay
  • Veteran
He's the bet playmaker in this draft. just a shade in front of tavon ausitn. And he would be a great safety. Saying just a slot CB cause of hiss size and bench reps. is silly. Dude is a straight baller.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Tyrann Mathieu ‏@Mathieu_Era

Come out tomorrow if your in NYC.. My after party is at SL nightClub on 9th &washington!!! Thanks… http://instagram.com/p/YfR-t8mM7f/

I didn't say i was going 1st round.. I Did not approve that part of the flyer...

Andrew Brandt ‏@adbrandt

I would sense the @Mathieu_Era after-party will find a way to be canceled in the next 24 hours....
I still don't think the honey badger "gets it".
Originally posted by Jcool:

Come out tomorrow if your in NYC.. My after party is at SL nightClub on 9th &washington!!! Thanks… http://instagram.com/p/YfR-t8mM7f/

I didn't say i was going 1st round.. I Did not approve that part of the flyer...

Andrew Brandt ‏@adbrandt

I would sense the @Mathieu_Era after-party will find a way to be canceled in the next 24 hours....

Who was the guy that did this last year? The WR out NC that went to the Texans?

The photo is already down.

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Who was the guy that did this last year? The WR out NC that went to the Texans?

The photo is already down.

aka that party is being canceled.
Originally posted by Jcool:

Andrew Brandt ‏@adbrandt

Wow...
im in! i hope we draft this guy
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows

The over/under on where Tyrann Mathieu is picked, according to Bovada: 75½. The 49ers have (for now) the 74th pick ... #49ers, #NFLdraft
like it or not i say there is a pretty hi chance we take the badger as our luxury pick this year.. 74th pick seems about right . with austin and harvin in our division its making more sense. not to mention we just drafted his teamate
Share 49ersWebzone