LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

Kiper's Latest Mock

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
if we want him, i think we can risk trading back with the dolphins...they are really interested in Tannehill and im sure they would love to jump ahead of the Redskins

i think they get matt flynn

the OC for the packers went there

The HC of A&M Mike Sherman is their offensive coordinator and is the one who molded Tannehill from a WR to a QB.

But yes the top 2 logical choices for the dolphins are Flynn in FA or Tannehill in the the draft.
Originally posted by SF69ers:

Have you watched Sanu play? Dude is 6'2'', 215 lbs. He's pretty big.

Yeah I've seen him play partner at least 20min of highlights. He's an impressive Wr; but so is Josh Morgan. He's a Josh Morgan clone! Except Morgan is probably inch taller. After the combine measurements I'm positive Sanu will top out at 6' tops. We need a big receiver 6'3 on up! Now if Sanu was 6'4 or taller he would be a good possibility.
Originally posted by Redgoldknight:

Yeah I've seen him play partner at least 20min of highlights. He's an impressive Wr; but so is Josh Morgan. He's a Josh Morgan clone! Except Morgan is probably inch taller. After the combine measurements I'm positive Sanu will top out at 6' tops. We need a big receiver 6'3 on up! Now if Sanu was 6'4 or taller he would be a good possibility.

Actually, Sanu might measure in at right under 6'2'', so you're right that he isn't the super tall receiver that we need. If that was the case, we need to wait it out for Streeter or Hill.

Josh Morgan would actually be 2 inches shorter than Sanu if we are comparing listed heights.. he came out at 6'0 219 pnds. It would be a horrible mistake to go for height for the sake of height or speed for the sake of speed, Matt Jones ring a bell? For every Vincent Jackson there is a Cruz or Wallace.

Get the most complete football player we can and then let the coaches use him in their system accordingly.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
agreed, sanu looks shorter than 6'2. Guess we'll find out officially this week.
Actually, Sanu might measure in at right under 6'2'', so you're right that he isn't the super tall receiver that we need. If that was the case, we need to wait it out for Streeter or Hill.

No he won't man. There doing the measurements this week at the combine and you'll see he will top out at 6 ft.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
6'2 215 means he'll probably measure in at 6'1 215 which basically means we'd be drafting another Crabtree/Morgan clone all 3 of the receivers would be 6'1 215 lolz

No he won't man. There doing the measurements this week at the combine and you'll see he will top out at 6 ft.

read slower sir. he said he'd measure at 6'1 rather then 6'2 - he never said he'd be 5'11.
None of us know these dudes real heights I don't see why any of us are debating each other on that one. We will find out shortly. And seriously if you guys like Sanu at 6'2 wouldn't you love him at 6'0? Or have we just gone that far overboard with this height thing.
At #30, I believe it will be a receiver, but not Randle nor Sanu. I think that for the buck, Fleener would be better value because of his knowledge of Harbaugh's system already coupled with his receiver skills. He may not block as well now, but neither did Walker. It will take some time, but he would be used more outside than staying in blocking, IMO. Sanu is the WR, IMO, who blocks the best. Fleener seems to be the better route runner, too. I can also see Baalke going after an OLB at that spot or maybe someone drops like Glenn.

FA will dictate what we do in the draft. If we land a top WR, then Fleener would be the receiver of choice in the draft, IMO.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
So this article needs to be taken with a grain of salt because its just ESPN being ESPN....

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/blog/_/name/nfl_draft/id/7597952/three-prospects-particular-plenty-gain-2012-nfl-combine

According to Steve Muench, Randle's stock is currently right behind Jeffery and should he run well he would leapfrog Jeffery on the board and be a viable option for the Vikings at #35 overall. I'm not sure what ranking this is going off but to me that puts at
Blackmon(top 5)
Floyd(top 15)
Wright(top 25)
Randle(top 35?)
Jeffery(top 45?)
Sanu(top 60?)

Under that logic would Wright or Floyd have to fall to us for us to not "reach" for Randle or Jeffery when their expected to come off the board a full 5 to 10 picks later?? Seems like the "experts" are starting to believe that no WR is worth a pick around the 28-32 range. I find this hard to believe with a mini-gauntlet of WR-needy teams from 26-31(Texans, Patriots, 9ers, Patriots again) I dont see Wright or Randle or Jeffery falling past the Pats at #31 unless their stock is just terrible.
[ Edited by sfout on Feb 21, 2012 at 5:28 PM ]

• okdkid
  • Veteran
Depending how it shakes out, it may be wise to trade the #30 pick to one of the teams looking to jump up for a QB. Many in the top 10 may burn a late 1st. Tannehill falling to #30, while unlikely, would be great for us.
I think after the combnie this week the guy everyone will be drooling over will be Streeter. Maybe that shakes things out tow here we can get RR.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Depending how it shakes out, it may be wise to trade the #30 pick to one of the teams looking to jump up for a QB. Many in the top 10 may burn a late 1st. Tannehill falling to #30, while unlikely, would be great for us.

I could see this working out....
looks like he has some potential to be a huge playmaker!
i wouldn't mind getting him with our 1st pick.
What is the latest at number 30 on Kipers mock?
Share 49ersWebzone