LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 213 users in the forums

Kiper's Latest Mock

* Rueben Randle, WR, LSU
Randle could be a steal. This is a guy who, in a more dynamic passing offense, could have been far more productive. Obviously, the combine will tell us a lot, but Randle could be preferred over Alshon Jeffery of South Carolina, because he has the length, but will be a lot quicker into and out of his breaks because he's got a leaner frame. He's better suited to beat opposing defenses over the top. The Niners need a big target in the passing game outside of Vernon Davis, and Randle could be that guy.

First time I have ever seen Randle projected as a first round pick.
good speed and good length and size

the problem is that i dont think he can be a #1 WR

good RZ target though
He is only 20 years old?

WOW. Very impressive highlights of Randle. Looks like good separation and excellent hands. Will be interesting to see if he climbs the board after the combine.
Ehh, if the team really wanted a receiver in the 1st, I'd much rather take Sanu than Randle.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
WOW. Very impressive highlights of Randle. Looks like good separation and excellent hands. Will be interesting to see if he climbs the board after the combine.

+1

I have Randle as a strong candidate in the 2nd rd, but he may end up a late 1st on my list soon enough.
I like what I see in the highlights, gonna keep an eye on this guy in the combine. He is 20 years old and 6'4"

Nice, we need a tall big WR like that.
Originally posted by valrod33:
I like what I see in the highlights, gonna keep an eye on this guy in the combine. He is 20 years old and 6'4"

thats definitely a baalke type of player, very young with potential through the roof
I'm a big fan of his, kind of depends on what he does at the combine though.

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
I'm a big fan of his, kind of depends on what he does at the combine though.

sadly if he kills the combine a 6'4" 20 yr old will get picked before 30. thats why i hate picking so damn low unless its 32
from the highlights he needs to work on his catchng

he catches everything on his body
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
good speed and good length and size

the problem is that i dont think he can be a #1 WR

good RZ target though

Why? Sure looked like he was capable of playing against the teams best corner if you ask me.

Secondly....

We dont need a "#1" we need another wr capable of putting up 1K in yards. Had Crabtree played whole season he would've broken 1K for sure, if we are going to expect Crabtree to post 1K, VD to post 800, we need a 3rd target that will put up similar numbers. Whether that 3rd option is Morgan, a fa pick up or a draft pick remains to be seen.

In this system VD is the #1 with our receivers coming in second place.
[ Edited by sfout on Feb 15, 2012 at 12:44 PM ]
I'm down with Randle.
He seems to have a quick first step, gets up to speed quickly, is shifty, and can take a hit.
Share 49ersWebzone