LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 225 users in the forums

Kiper's Latest Mock

Originally posted by 5280High:
Agreed, this is an amazing draft to upgrade/remake our receiving corp without having to sacrifice too much trying to trade up for the #4-6 (ranking-wise) bottleneck of receivers.

The one caveot to all this receiver talk is if Baalke doesn't want to be forced into making a play for the top 6 receivers since the value might not be there at #30, and they may be gone by the time we pick in the 2nd. Along with the possibility of so many top players falling in our laps like Fleener, Jenkins (unlikely but possible), Poe, etc. my guess is we go after a guy like V. Jackson or Bowe pretty hard to ensure we can choose the top player on our board regardless of position. A lot of teams in the later part of the first have a tendancy to get cute and start reaching for projects with great measurables at need positions... This team finally got away from that and it would suck if they started Balmer'ing this draft up.

Good post....and I love the new word...

Cheers!
Originally posted by nw9erfan:
Originally posted by 5280High:
Agreed, this is an amazing draft to upgrade/remake our receiving corp without having to sacrifice too much trying to trade up for the #4-6 (ranking-wise) bottleneck of receivers.

The one caveot to all this receiver talk is if Baalke doesn't want to be forced into making a play for the top 6 receivers since the value might not be there at #30, and they may be gone by the time we pick in the 2nd. Along with the possibility of so many top players falling in our laps like Fleener, Jenkins (unlikely but possible), Poe, etc. my guess is we go after a guy like V. Jackson or Bowe pretty hard to ensure we can choose the top player on our board regardless of position. A lot of teams in the later part of the first have a tendancy to get cute and start reaching for projects with great measurables at need positions... This team finally got away from that and it would suck if they started Balmer'ing this draft up.

Good post....and I love the new word...

Cheers!
agree great word creation
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
from the highlights he needs to work on his catchng

he catches everything on his body

I don't think he is body catching, he just brings the ball into his body super quick. He is catching it with his hands, and then brings into his body allowing him to absorb hits/contact.

I'm a big fan of Randle. Espeically after that guy from North Carolina took a s**t at the senior bowl.
I've only recently heard about Randle but am quickly growing to like him. A lot of the best WRs nowadays are tall, big bodied guys like Fitz or Megatron. While I'm in no way comparing Randle to those perennial all-pros, we could really use a player like him on our team. When was the last time this team had a WR above 6'2. Ashley Lelie, and before that, JJ Stokes (I'm not counting BE)? Hopefully we can grab one in the draft or FA that's actually competent, and Randle could be that guy.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Draft him and marvin jones
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
from the highlights he needs to work on his catchng

he catches everything on his body

I don't think he is body catching, he just brings the ball into his body super quick. He is catching it with his hands, and then brings into his body allowing him to absorb hits/contact.

I'm a big fan of Randle. Espeically after that guy from North Carolina took a s**t at the senior bowl.

Dwight Jones? Dwight seems like kind of a goofball and doesn't take football that seriously. I think RR is going to be way better than him.
anybody know who he has us taking in his new mock??
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Reuben Randle was the pick, he has had 2 mocks thus far.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Reuben Randle was the pick, he has had 2 mocks thus far.

oh my bad
if we want him, i think we can risk trading back with the dolphins...they are really interested in Tannehill and im sure they would love to jump ahead of the Redskins

Originally posted by JustinNiner:
if we want him, i think we can risk trading back with the dolphins...they are really interested in Tannehill and im sure they would love to jump ahead of the Redskins

i think they get matt flynn

the OC for the packers went there
Thats my guy. I just hope he's available when we pick bcause I think his stock is gonna rise. By the the time the draft comes he might b a mid 1st rond pick
This guy is 49er material
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Ehh, if the team really wanted a receiver in the 1st, I'd much rather take Sanu than Randle.

Sanu? For what? We have Josh Morgan! We need a big receiver
Originally posted by Redgoldknight:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Ehh, if the team really wanted a receiver in the 1st, I'd much rather take Sanu than Randle.

Sanu? For what? We have Josh Morgan! We need a big receiver

Have you watched Sanu play? Dude is 6'2'', 215 lbs. He's pretty big.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Whatever receiver we draft better be the next Jerry Rice.
Share 49ersWebzone