LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 344 users in the forums

Kiper's Latest Mock

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by okdkid:
With the possibility of 3 QBs and 5 WRs taken before our pick...somebody VERY solid at another position will drop to us.

It may be better to pick BPA at #30 and then trade up to the middle 2nd round to pick up a WR, should one drop.

agreed.

This years WR group will be like last years QBs. Probably 5 or 6 selected by the start of the 2nd round.

And this whole "draft a WR high" dialogue may be moot if we sign a top FA WR and Joshua Morgan.

I'd be very happy with a top FA WR, Crabtree and Morgan as our top three targets. We have needs at DL depth, OG and Safety that will be more pressing should we snag a top FA WR.

Agreed. Especially when you take into account Dontavia Bogan coming off a year on IR to study the system, he'll have one hell of an advantage during camp when competing for a roster spot

Crabtree - Colston/VJAX - Morgan - Ginn(assumung we re-sign him)/Rookie or fa - Bogan/Kyle Willaims

lmao just checked Bogan's stats and something I seriously never noticed. Guy was a baller on kickoff returns. 29 returns for 770 yards his senior year and 36 returns for 770 yards his junior year. Thats a 26 and 25 YPA average each year respectively. If he could do the same on PR's we'd have no immediate need to re-sign Ginn for big money and we could afford to sign a "reliable" deep threat like Meachem for a decent salary.
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
SF knows where it needs help: 49ers expected to pursue a free-agent WR and use one of their top draft picks on another WR.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
SF knows where it needs help: 49ers expected to pursue a free-agent WR and use one of their top draft picks on another WR.

Ladies and gentlemen, Adam Schefter. The John Madden of football journalism.

"You see what they're going to do here is either run or pass on this down..."
Originally posted by valrod33:

Crabtree must feel like a douche.
My dream has been Fleener 1st, Randle second, Hill Third, oline and defense rest of draft.

Gimme
fleener/VD at TE
randle/Morgan/Hill/Williams/Ginn at WR
Trade crabs for a pair of sneakers.

Save money on ofense in free agency..... Resign brooks/goldson/rogers and build depth through draft.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
My dream has been Fleener 1st, Randle second, Hill Third, oline and defense rest of draft.

Gimme
fleener/VD at TE
randle/Morgan/Hill/Williams/Ginn at WR
Trade crabs for a pair of sneakers.

Save money on ofense in free agency..... Resign brooks/goldson/rogers and build depth through draft.

would die for but so unlikely it hurts
At this point I'd much rather have this guy.

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by goldstandard333:
At this point I'd much rather have this guy.

The new talking head / "draft expert" talk is that he can't gain separation and lacks speed. aside from his versatility he doesn't offer big play ability.
Coming from a Rutgers fan, Sanu wasn't given much ability to make big plays.

In 2010 the offense was a total mess - QB transferring, an awful OL, terrible offensive coodinator.

And this year, the team was still hampered at the QB position. Both QBs - Nova and Dodd are pretty poor passers. Sanu made the best of a mediocre offensive situation.
After Blackmon, there isn't that much difference in the abilities of the large receivers. They are all long striders, who run post, fade, and seam routes. Unless some of them show more speed at the combine, they will all have issues separating from CBs at the pro-level. Basically, they are more similar, than different.

If that is the case, than there should be at least one of them still available at our second round pick. If you want a big receiver, take him in the second, and take BPA in the first. Or, do what the Pats do every year, trade out of that pick, cause there will still be a big wide-out available in the second.

Originally posted by lamontb:
I'm down with Randle.

he is projected as a 2nd round WR

If Floyd is there at 30, you have to take him over Randle. But def is a good WR
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
from the highlights he needs to work on his catchng

he catches everything on his body

Every catch I saw in that video was made with his body. He has talent but I hate watching players use their body to catch.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by lamontb:
I'm down with Randle.

he is projected as a 2nd round WR

If Floyd is there at 30, you have to take him over Randle. But def is a good WR

Your a few days behind, mayock and Kiper and all the other "experts" have downgraded Sanu and Jeffery while still liking Randle so he leapfrogs them for 4th WR on the board. Floyd will be gone by the 20th pick maybe even earlier. It'll be interesting to see whether Wright, Randle, Sanu, or Jeffery is available at 30. IMO at least 2 of them get picked in the 20's.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 23zack80:

Every catch I saw in that video was made with his body. He has talent but I hate watching players use their body to catch.

What video were you watching?! all of the big time catches he reached out pulled the ball back into his body. one of the early catches in the RZ he used his body as a shield and caught a perfectly placed ball right where it needed to be. On a lot of the throws they were under thrown or thrown behind him so he had to stop and wait for it, at that point it is a better idea to catch it with your body to minimize the time to pull the ball in and turn upfield.

That catch at 1:06 he went up between 2 DBs and plucked it out of the air as well. The very next catch he reached out in front of him and pulled the ball back into his body. Same with the catch after that.....I dont know what you guys are seeing. At the very worst he does the same kind of over the shoulder catch that VD does but without the stupid jump....

I'm not even really on the Randle bandwagon but come on, he is a lot better then what you guys are saying.
[ Edited by sfout on Feb 15, 2012 at 6:23 PM ]

this. tht can be coached tho. ask DHB. Heard he has a juggs machine at his house
Share 49ersWebzone