There are 223 users in the forums

Kiper's Latest Mock

Originally posted by DMiller2007:
Anyone know if this Randle guy has any experience in returns? Seems like he has great acceleration and excellent vision.

He had a couple returns the past 2 years, but no real experience or results. I really like Randle, he's my #1 WR available at 30, but he seemed to disappear in big spots.

2 games VS Bama in 2011 =
5 catches for 32 yards

Then again, the entire LSU offense got hammered against Bama in 2011. On the positive side, the year before he had a big game against Bama in a win

Bama in 2010
3 catches for 125 yards and a TD ( 75 yard )
Originally posted by strickac:
I hope he's wrong. Hill isn't a 1st rounder, IMO. I'd much rather take Quick in the 2nd; although I think Quick will go much earlier than people are projecting. I wouldn't be surprising to see a team snag him early in the 2nd.

i agree with your thoughts that quick is undervalued...fleener and quick would be a good 1-2

not sure what to make of fact niners were only team that didnt attend hill's pro day
If we were able to draft Fleener in the first round and either a Dl/Ol in the second and Quick in the third that would be sick.
Originally posted by 99Ways2SackAQb:
If we were able to draft Fleener in the first round and either a Dl/Ol in the second and Quick in the third that would be sick.

Give me OL in the 2nd and we have a deal!

cheers!

Non-Kiper mock, but Bucky Brooks of NFL.com has us taking Syracuse DE Chandler Jones, who he says is perfect to replace Justin Smith, and last I checked he came in at 266 pounds, how is he a 3-4 end? Maybe a 3-4 OLB, but not a need for the future.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ajGFEeUsUQ&context=C4605c4aADvjVQa1PpcFOxFk-ZXu4pLHWquE6qn6UchimwboRj76g=

This isn't draft talk exactly but I thought it was pretty cool. Ex-49ers scout talks about Deion.
still hope we get Hill. if were one of the 2 or 3 picks that kiper gets right id be stoked lol
Just saw this on espn...

San Francisco 49ers
Top needs: RG, WR, S, CB, RB, OLB

Rd 1 (30) G Kevin Zeitler Rd 2 (61) WR Rueben Randle Rd 3 (92) DT Mike Martin

Analysis: Well, I know 49ers fans won't jump up and down about the guard pick, but let's be clear about San Francisco. Regardless who it adds in the passing game, it's clear to all that Alex Smith isn't going to become Aaron Rodgers, and if this team wants to be successful on offense, it simply has to be able to run the ball, and with power. In many years, Zeitler would be the top guard taken. He will come in capable of starting. I'm also really tempted by WR Stephen Hill in this spot. But instead of that, I get a nice value in the passing game with Randle, a guy with good size capable of stretching the field, late in Round 2. If Randy Moss provides something in 2012, Randle could develop late as a threat and then become a starter in 2013. Martin is insurance for the 49ers because Justin Smith played at such an incredible level in 2011 that the thought of him being injured should scare San Francisco. If Martin plays with Smith's motor, he could develop into a good 3-technique in that scheme.
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Just saw this on espn...

San Francisco 49ers

Analysis: Well, I know 49ers fans won't jump up and down about the guard pick, but let's be clear about San Francisco. Regardless who it adds in the passing game, it's clear to all that Alex Smith isn't going to become Aaron Rodgers, and if this team wants to be successful on offense, it simply has to be able to run the ball, and with power. In many years, Zeitler would be the top guard taken. He will come in capable of starting. I'm also really tempted by WR Stephen Hill in this spot. But instead of that, I get a nice value in the passing game with Randle, a guy with good size capable of stretching the field, late in Round 2. If Randy Moss provides something in 2012, Randle could develop late as a threat and then become a starter in 2013. Martin is insurance for the 49ers because Justin Smith played at such an incredible level in 2011 that the thought of him being injured should scare San Francisco. If Martin plays with Smith's motor, he could develop into a good 3-technique in that scheme.

That would be an excellent way to start the draft.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Just saw this on espn...

San Francisco 49ers

That would be an excellent way to start the draft.
Yeah I don't think Randle will fall that far but I would be thrilled with the picks.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
I'm down with Randle.
He ran a 4.43 at his Pro Day. I'm really starting to like this cat more and more.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Apr 18, 2012 at 3:43 PM ]
Just saw this on espn...

San Francisco 49ers

i would be shocked if randle fell to the bottom of 2nd. but i would love this draft!
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Non-Kiper mock, but Bucky Brooks of NFL.com has us taking Syracuse DE Chandler Jones, who he says is perfect to replace Justin Smith, and last I checked he came in at 266 pounds, how is he a 3-4 end? Maybe a 3-4 OLB, but not a need for the future.

Jones has the frame to gain 20 pounds, and a lot of teams think he will mature into a 280+ pound DE at some point soon. Some think he can get to 290 and play the 34 end. I don't think this is a wise selection. Dude is very raw and will not produce right away, which Baalke wants to see with players.
Just saw this on espn...

San Francisco 49ers

Couple thoughts- Randle will be long gone before 61. Martin is going to be a 43 DT in the NFL. Don't thnk he has the frame to play NT or length to play the end. Not a good match for a 34 defense.
No way Randle falls that far. But we could trade our 3rd and 4th round picks to move up near the top of the 2nd. It would happen then. Zeitler and Randle would be a dream come true.
Share 49ersWebzone