There are 147 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Janoris Jenkins Bandwagon

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by goodthings19:
Originally posted by 9rFan84:
Hell NOOO!! Too much baggage, this guy is an idiot. He's Pac Man 2.0

Crabtree was supposed to come with a ton of baggage too but in my opinion has been all business (besides some wardrobe issues)

Crabtree never got arrested or got caught with drugs. To be fair I don't think we'd have the problem signing Jenkins that we had signing Crabtree. I think he's probably learned his lesson and won't do anything too bad+will keep it on the DL. Even the resisting arrest charge against him was nonviolent I believe. Dre Kirkpatrick had weed issues too and everyone would jizz themselves to get him.
His charges got dropped. I agree Jenkins's baggage isn't that serious. And Tarell Brown had baggage and hasn't been involved in any foolishness off the field. However, Aldon Smith had no baggage and already has a off the field incident. If the guy seems tt have his head on straight during the interview process I don't think his off the field actions will matter. I also see no way he makes it past the Patriots twice.
Originally posted by lamontb:
His charges got dropped. I agree Jenkins's baggage isn't that serious. And Tarell Brown had baggage and hasn't been involved in any foolishness off the field. However, Aldon Smith had no baggage and already has a off the field incident. If the guy seems tt have his head on straight during the interview process I don't think his off the field actions will matter. I also see no way he makes it past the Patriots twice.

josh morgan supposedly had character issues as well
Originally posted by lamontb:

The Lions, Cowboys and Patriots among others will take a hard long look at Jenkins. The good news is that both Morris Claiborne and Dre Kirkpatrick will tempt said teams. It's not out of the question that Jenkins could be available for the Niners.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
josh morgan supposedly had character issues as well

He was too much of a christian before it was cool :o jk I dont remember the stories.
not a nolan guy
SportingNews new mock draft doesn't have Janoris Jenkins getting drafted in the first round at all. Which means it is not false hope that Jenkins could fall to the Niners in the first round.
SportingNews new mock draft doesn't have Janoris Jenkins getting drafted in the first round at all. Which means it is not false hope that Jenkins could fall to the Niners in the first round.

dude is not falling out of the 1st, all it takes is 1 team to ignore his past and focus on his immense talent. cbs are so valued with all these offenses throwing the ball 50 plus times a game
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
dude is not falling out of the 1st, all it takes is 1 team to ignore his past and focus on his immense talent. cbs are so valued with all these offenses throwing the ball 50 plus times a game

this

he may fall to us but i highly doubt it especially with dallas and cinci in front of us
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

this

he may fall to us but i highly doubt it especially with dallas and cinci in front of us

Dallas will jump on him for the sole fact that he is probably one of 2-3 players in this draft that has a chance at keeping up with both Cruz, Maclin and Jackson if he stays in philly. Claiborne will be gone by their pick and who knows if any other CB's are quicktwitch enough to consistently cover guys like that.
Mel Kiper mock 2.0 has Detroit selecting Jenkins at pick number 23. Kiper had the following to say regarding Jenkins

"At one time, Jenkins was destined to be a top-10 pick, and his talent level hasn't dipped. After exiting Florida, he spent a year at North Alabama, and is finally ready for the NFL. As a pure cover corner, in terms of pure instincts, ball skills and athleticism, you're looking at a potential Pro Bowl player. Jenkins is already a major threat in the return game. He has a history, but get him in the right system, and you could have a star. We know Detroit needs help at corner, and Jenkins might be too much value to pass up here."

Kiper is clearly high on Jenkins stock. I too believe that he will be a very high value pick for whatever team is lucky enough to select him. I just hope it's da Niners!
Mel Kiper mock 2.0 has Detroit selecting Jenkins at pick number 23. Kiper had the following to say regarding Jenkins

"At one time, Jenkins was destined to be a top-10 pick, and his talent level hasn't dipped. After exiting Florida, he spent a year at North Alabama, and is finally ready for the NFL. As a pure cover corner, in terms of pure instincts, ball skills and athleticism, you're looking at a potential Pro Bowl player. Jenkins is already a major threat in the return game. He has a history, but get him in the right system, and you could have a star. We know Detroit needs help at corner, and Jenkins might be too much value to pass up here."

Kiper is clearly high on Jenkins stock. I too believe that he will be a very high value pick for whatever team is lucky enough to select him. I just hope it's da Niners!

I bursted out laughing at that sentance... Detroit the right system? Cause all of their veteran leadership and maturity didnt cause that team any grief this season... players with character risks will turn into the second coming of Tebow there haha.
Originally posted by 5280High:

I bursted out laughing at that sentance... Detroit the right system? Cause all of their veteran leadership and maturity didnt cause that team any grief this season... players with character risks will turn into the second coming of Tebow there haha.

I think he means the system they play in
jenkins can play in any system he is best in man and press coverage but he can play zone as well
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by sfout:
Id be down if he was BPA or we didn't re-sign Rogers. Especially if we could get him to add about 5-7 pounds and get him as close to 190 as possible.

wish he was a little taller... 5'10 ughhhh

Preaching to the choir. He's a too undersized in both weight and heigh for my liking. I've got my heart set on a 5'11 190-195 type player.

His height didnt stop him from blanketing Julio Jones amd AJ Green. This guy is the real deal and we'd be lucky as hell if he was available to us
I am on board if Rogers doesn't re-sign and we keep Goldson, Brooks, Snyder, Morgan, etc.