There are 74 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Alshon Jeffery or Michael Floyd, Who's the #2 WR in the draft?

Alshon Jeffery or Michael Floyd, Who's the #2 WR in the draft?

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
i dont know if i would put wright in front of floyd yet

floyd played great in a pro style offense wright played great under spread offense in a not o great confrencr

dont get me wrong i think wright will be a great player but as of now floyd is the better pro prospect and is the safer pick

Pretty much everybody else is. Wright has the explosive speed and playmaking ability that teams absolutely covet which is why Wright will be picked before Floyd.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Pretty much everybody else is. Wright has the explosive speed and playmaking ability that teams absolutely covet which is why Wright will be picked before Floyd.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfldraftscout-RobRang

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfldraftscout-DaneBrugler

http://walterfootball.com/draft2012.php


More and more Wright is being promoted as the #2 guy in the draft. His speed and explosiveness are traits that set him apart in the group of Top 5-6 receivers in this draft.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfldraftscout-RobRang

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfldraftscout-DaneBrugler

http://walterfootball.com/draft2012.php


More and more Wright is being promoted as the #2 guy in the draft. His speed and explosiveness are traits that set him apart in the group of Top 5-6 receivers in this draft.
im not disagreeing with that

wright is the best playmaker in the draft

but floyd is the safer pick thats what im saying
he runs better routes has better hands better jump ball

depends on teams need if they need a playmaker or bigger possession WR
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Originally posted by pete98146:
Not sure if Alshon Jeffery is the 12th best WR in the draft...lol

Try watching college ball then
he could easily be the best and almost have CJ type impact

he has great hands great body control has great size

what he lacks is

he has horrible speed
and is a poor to pathethic route runner

the reason he has bad speed and bad route runner is he relied too much on his size-- that will not work in nfl

route running imo isnt a convern that is something coachable in nfl level

im more worried if he can drop some weight and improve his speed


as of now he is only a RZ threat he will be useless in between the 20s

His speed is pretty good for his size im guessing 4.5 but hes said to run a 4.4. Youre not getting that kind of production from a guy with horrible speed. Just doesnt happen on size alone in the SEC. In our kind of offense hes perfect everywhere for us. His hands are just on a different level than any receiver we have. There isnt a WR in this class who has hands as good as Jeffery. No more dropping of easy passes on 3rd down. Hes awesome on screens, slants and fades which we saw used with JH but dropped quite a bit more than you want in a Harbaughs run first offense. The way Jeffery positions himself on those routes has been his bread and butter. We were damn near last in RZ production picking Jeffery up is damn near a sure cure. Poor or pathetic route running? I guess his YPC and 1st 2 years in college dont matter as much as this year but his routes are fine. He needs work and more developement but to be useless in the 20s is nonsense talk. He just does to many other things right to ever be useless.
I don't like either guy, I'm liking Sanu........and we pick up a TE. What do you think Sanu runs the 40 in?
Originally posted by Oldschool9erfan:
I don't like either guy, I'm liking Sanu........and we pick up a TE. What do you think Sanu runs the 40 in?

4.5 ish
alshon jeffery by all accounts is slow and fat, dunno if he's our guy
I'd be happy with either Sanu, Jeffry, or Floyd to be honest. Any one of them is an upgrade
Kendall Wright still moving up the draft boards, if he has a great combine, don't be shocked if he happens to be picked in the Top 10.....yeah...I said it!


" "SI's Tony Pauline, who actually predicted the Jaguars taking Tyson Alualu 10th in 2010, says that several teams actually have Kendall Wright as their No. 1 receiver ahead of Justin Blackmon. The Jaguars could easily be one of those teams, given how much they value character. They need a receiver, and if they reached for Wright here at No. 7, it wouldn't be the first time they did something shocking." "
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Kendall Wright still moving up the draft boards, if he has a great combine, don't be shocked if he happens to be picked in the Top 10.....yeah...I said it!


" "SI's Tony Pauline, who actually predicted the Jaguars taking Tyson Alualu 10th in 2010, says that several teams actually have Kendall Wright as their No. 1 receiver ahead of Justin Blackmon. The Jaguars could easily be one of those teams, given how much they value character. They need a receiver, and if they reached for Wright here at No. 7, it wouldn't be the first time they did something shocking." "

He's definately unique when you factor in his production n character. He's comes without the flags n nice hands but is he a WCO WR n RZ threat? I doubt he's a top 10 pick the amount of defense talent this year but I wouldn't complain getting him for us.
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
He's definately unique when you factor in his production n character. He's comes without the flags n nice hands but is he a WCO WR n RZ threat? I doubt he's a top 10 pick the amount of defense talent this year but I wouldn't complain getting him for us.

I'm not even talking about the 49ers getting him, that boat sailed away a long time ago unless he shows up at the combine overweight and hungover.

He's been pegged for teams like Seattle, Arizona, Jacksonville, Philly, the Jets.


Very explosive talent, I have the best feeling about him out of any receiver in the draft.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 15, 2012 at 5:39 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
He's definately unique when you factor in his production n character. He's comes without the flags n nice hands but is he a WCO WR n RZ threat? I doubt he's a top 10 pick the amount of defense talent this year but I wouldn't complain getting him for us.

I'm not even talking about the 49ers getting him, that boat sailed away a long time ago unless he shows up at the combine overweight and hungover.

He's been pegged for teams like Seattle, Arizona, Jacksonville, Philly, the Jets.


Very explosive talent, I have the best feeling about him out of any receiver in the draft.

I'd.bet he's there at 30 based on size. 5ft10 190 or less will scare a lot of teams away. I wouldn't bet against him being top ten talent. I just wouldn't expect him picked very early. Earliest imo is mid 20s early 2nd. Unless he runs a 4.25 40 and weighs in 198-205 range.
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
I'd.bet he's there at 30 based on size. 5ft10 190 or less will scare a lot of teams away. I wouldn't bet against him being top ten talent. I just wouldn't expect him picked very early. Earliest imo is mid 20s early 2nd. Unless he runs a 4.25 40 and weighs in 198-205 range.

Not even close. Guess what size Desean Jackson is? Wes Welker? The guy is a flat-out playmaker, pure and simple, he'll get picked ahead of Floyd simply based on that.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
I'd.bet he's there at 30 based on size. 5ft10 190 or less will scare a lot of teams away. I wouldn't bet against him being top ten talent. I just wouldn't expect him picked very early. Earliest imo is mid 20s early 2nd. Unless he runs a 4.25 40 and weighs in 198-205 range.

Not even close. Guess what size Desean Jackson is? Wes Welker? The guy is a flat-out playmaker, pure and simple, he'll get picked ahead of Floyd simply based on that.

Floyd is a very risky player. I wouldnt expect him being a 1st rd pick despite his talent. His a*****eness cost him millions early. If he can go pro and succeed his next contract should be hefty. Wright is a playmaker but his size could bump him behind WRs that arent as talented.
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Floyd is a very risky player. I wouldnt expect him being a 1st rd pick despite his talent. His a*****eness cost him millions early. If he can go pro and succeed his next contract should be hefty. Wright is a playmaker but his size could bump him behind WRs that arent as talented.

According to recent reports, Wright is #2 on a lot of teams draft boards and #1 on several others, even ahead of Blackmon. So unless the guy completely blows the combines, he's going to get picked fairly high. I'm not sure why you're so hung up on his size, a lot of the top receivers in the NFL aren't big guys by any means.