There are 59 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is there a position we will NOT draft in rd 1?

Even if the player is the BPA, are we finally at a point where we would not draft certain positions? I believe MLB, S, and OT.

MLB is obvious, Willis and Bowman are superstars and they're young.

As for Safety, I really like the 2 we have. If Goldson leaves the equation obviously changes, but Whitner, while not perfect in coverage, really does add a lot to our team, especially from the point of calling the defense and leadership. Goldson has been outstanding. The only way I see an upgrade over either, is if an Ed Reed quality player is available (think Eric Berry), and one simply won't be at #32, and this draft does not have one in general.

OT is more complicated. Staley is an essential part of this team and is absolutely in our future plans. The jury is still out on Davis, but the team would have to give up on him completely to draft a first round OT, and we're clearly not there. All in all, his play has been encouraging--definitely enough so that we can't give up on him just yet.

thoughts?
Punter
quarterback
Originally posted by hofer36:
quarterback

Yea unless somehow Luck or RG3 drops to the late 1st haha
ST,QB RB MLB S FB OT

only ones are OLB CB and WR
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
ST,QB RB MLB S FB OT

only ones are OLB CB and WR

Those are the big three theyll look at but I think they will also consider guard and center.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
We won't take an ILB in the first. Book it.
ILB, QB, RB, OT.
QB, RB, OT, ILB, PK, P WON'T HAPPEN
TE, OC, S PROBABLY WON'T HAPPEN

WR, DL, OLB, CB MOST LIKELY
Long Snapper...