There are 425 users in the forums

AJ Jenkins WR Illinois

• titan
  • Veteran
I hope he becomes a star!
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Lol who the fuk is MadDog? Ezekiel running the block now
My response was the same as last year's first pick. Everything I read about this kid I like, his attitude, route running, speed and hands. AJ is in the perfect position to take some time maturing as a football player while contributing at ST, and then really compete when the time comes.
NFLDRAFTCOUNTDOWN.COM predicted us picking AJ Jenkins!!!....but it was in the second round
Originally posted by Druckenmiller14:
I don't believe that at all. I have SERIOUS concerns if they believe that Jenkins is the best player available. This was clearly a NEED pick. Harbaugh got burned last year when it came to WR depth. Edwards, Morgan and Williams all fizzled or went down with injuries. Harbaugh is trying to cover himself against that.

Personally thought they should have went with Fleener.

Actually, Kyle Williams stepped up and made some big plays on the way to the NFC Title Game.
Lol ESPN is the worst Kiper still has WR as the 2nd need for us behind RB
  • sfout
  • Veteran
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/09000d5d828aae42/Round-1-head-scratchers?module=HP11_cp

go to the 7 minute mark - they cant bad mouth it other then we supposedly took him too soon.

its funny cause that old fool Casserly said "A while back we did a feature on mid round WRs and the 9ers obviously agree with me just about 2 rounds earlier then I did"

of it was 2 rounds ahead of your ranking because you made it weeks ago.
Originally posted by mayo49:
They didn't think Gore was going to be a star, either. These talking heads are talking out of their asses. Nobody knows how these guys are going do. Take it with a grain of salt.

I don't care much for McShay or Darth Helmet, but he didn't say he wasn't going to be a star. He said me may not be a star.
Originally posted by Ether:
Lol who the fuk is MadDog? Ezekiel running the block now

Lol..good job zeke!
[ Edited by 9erguy on Apr 27, 2012 at 2:17 PM ]
Originally posted by Druckenmiller14:
Like Anthony Davis, Brandon Jacobs(speed racer and multiple locker room issues), Randy Moss(too many to list), Braylon Edwards, Crabtree, and then you figure in the offseasons that Aldon Smith/Ray McDonald have had. Not exactly golden helmet behavior.

Being a grandfather many times, I can tell you this. You cannot live your children's lives for them. You try to put them on the right path, but how they turn out is not your choice.

So you choose players who haven't had character issues. Yes, Jacobs and Edwards have had off field issues, but what have Crabtree and Randy Moss done to get on this list.

Originally posted by ezekiel40:
Yeah I'm still here. For 8 years I've been coming to the zone; I just don't post much. But I really liked what I saw in Jenkins so I wanted to ask OTC or anyone what they thought. Liked him better than Randle, HIll, Floyd, or any other receiver not named Blackmon. Thought he looked a little like Jerry in the way he strides when he runs.

Yes the subsequent posters were pretty rude, as I simply asked a question about a player. The one who said "yeah dudes a beast. We should take him with our first pick" was actually mocking me still. He joked with the other poster about AJ Green having a child with Malcolm Jenkins and that we should draft their kid. Well at least I'm not the one who looks dumb now.

Super excited to get Jenkins, even moreso now since the Rams and others may have taken him soon after (not to mention because of the two posters at the beginning of this thread ).

We were just messing with you bro. Its all good.

Dont let the fame get to your head though.
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by ezekiel40:
Yeah I'm still here. For 8 years I've been coming to the zone; I just don't post much. But I really liked what I saw in Jenkins so I wanted to ask OTC or anyone what they thought. Liked him better than Randle, HIll, Floyd, or any other receiver not named Blackmon. Thought he looked a little like Jerry in the way he strides when he runs.

Yes the subsequent posters were pretty rude, as I simply asked a question about a player. The one who said "yeah dudes a beast. We should take him with our first pick" was actually mocking me still. He joked with the other poster about AJ Green having a child with Malcolm Jenkins and that we should draft their kid. Well at least I'm not the one who looks dumb now.

Super excited to get Jenkins, even moreso now since the Rams and others may have taken him soon after (not to mention because of the two posters at the beginning of this thread ).

We were just messing with you bro. Its all good.

Dont let the fame get to your head though.

LOL this.
Originally posted by jimrat:
He looks like Isaac Bruce to me

What I like is that he can turn and catch the ball while staying fast on his feet. He does seem like Bruce. He's very fluid.
Originally posted by sfout:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/09000d5d828aae42/Round-1-head-scratchers?module=HP11_cp

go to the 7 minute mark - they cant bad mouth it other then we supposedly took him too soon.

its funny cause that old fool Casserly said "A while back we did a feature on mid round WRs and the 9ers obviously agree with me just about 2 rounds earlier then I did"

I can't stand Casserly at all. He is so freaking annoying. All these supposed "experts" know s**t about the value of picks. Mayock had Culliver as a 5th rd guy, and he worked out well as a 3rd rd pick. Aldon was said to be a huge reach by some. I don't listen to these guys anymore, I use to, but not anymore.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by sfout:

I can't stand Casserly at all. He is so freaking annoying. All these supposed "experts" know s**t about the value of picks. Mayock had Culliver as a 5th rd guy, and he worked out well as a 3rd rd pick. Aldon was said to be a huge reach by some. I don't listen to these guys anymore, I use to, but not anymore.

you mean 6th round which made it even that much sweeter that Cully was one the best rookie CBs and one of the best Nickel backs in the league. I refuse to listen to any of those idiots anymore, Harbaugh and Baalke have their own system so I'm basically going to just pay attention to what pro-days we visit and/or players we host or interview from now on.

All of those pundits are just self-promoting dbags.
Share 49ersWebzone