LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

AJ Jenkins WR Illinois

Originally posted by Gore_21:
I think AJ could contribute now but I can see why him and James have been in-active for these games. How many teams can say they don't need their 1st and 2nd round picks? These guys were drafted for the future. I could see them getting action later in the season. Maybe Miami at home or against the Cards at home the last game if there is nothing to gain. And as for them being in-active I don't think it has anything to do with them as much as it does how good and deep our team is. I think we have the best talent from top to bottom in the NFL. With that being said I see both playing a big role next year. If Moss and Ginn are gone AJ is the #3 or 4 wr after Crabtree, Manningham, then AJ/Kyle. James would be the #3 RB if Jacobs isn't back. Like I said I think both could contribute now but we have the luxury of letting them sit back and learn. Take the pressure off of making a rookie carry the team. They can work on those mental issues, ball security, etc. They can come in fresh next year knowing the playbook and being ready mentally to handle everything.

Good post. It would be nice to see them on the field contributing, but it is also nice they have the chance to sit back and learn the game and also bulk up.
I don't care what anyone says, if you don't draft a single player who ends up making the starting roster the next year....you get an F---------------------------------------- as a draft grade. You could make the argument that Baalke's draft last year was the worst draft in the history of the NFL.

If you don't see anyone available that is going to make your active roster TRADE EVERY MOTHER f$#^w(&7 PICK FOR NEXT YEAR'S DRAFT YOU f@#^%#$# MORON.

We have serious salary cap problems and we seriously need to reload in some areas. We could have used those picks in this draft.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bigwads:
I don't care what anyone says, if you don't draft a single player who ends up making the starting roster the next year....you get an F---------------------------------------- as a draft grade. You could make the argument that Baalke's draft last year was the worst draft in the history of the NFL.

If you don't see anyone available that is going to make your active roster TRADE EVERY MOTHER f$#^w(&7 PICK FOR NEXT YEAR'S DRAFT YOU f@#^%#$# MORON.

We have serious salary cap problems and we seriously need to reload in some areas. We could have used those picks in this draft.

Wait so the Packers drafting Aaron Rodgers got them an F?!?!?!??! Again this makes me LOL.....So because we have a WR who is behind a future HOFer, a top 10 pick, and a superbowl hero, plus a top 3 return man and are planning for these SERIOUS SALARY CAP ISSUES(your own words) involving 2 pending free agent WRs by drafting a WR a year early and giving him a year of development before we ask him to step into the game plan....

Same for RB, a 2nd round pick is behind our franchise leading rusher, an already established day 2 backup, an ST rb and one of the most effective goal line RBs in recent years all to get ready for these SERIOUS SALARY CAP ISSUES(your own words) involving our own franchise leading RB and said goal line rusher.......

God get over it, Baalke basically made these picks 1 year ahead of schedule. I'd love to see you do their job, I know you'd be horrible so its okay that you don't like their picks because you wouldn't do anywhere near the kind of work they do.
Share 49ersWebzone