LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 332 users in the forums

AJ Jenkins WR Illinois

Originally posted by Furlow:
This is what separates the good GM's from the great ones. The Patriots would have traded down in a heartbeat. They are the MASTERS of stacking picks and getting the most value out of each pick. If this was a legitimate deal, we should have taken it. Baalke must REALLY love Jenkins, I hope he's right.

What, you mean all those picks they stacked that have helped turn their D into the powerhouse that it is?
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
"I can't remember being in such awe of a quarterback in my decade of attending combines and pro days. Russell's passing session was the most impressive of all the pro days I've been to. His footwork for such a big quarterback was surprising. He was nimble in his dropbacks, rolling out and throwing on the run. The ball just explodes out of his hands."

-Todd McShay

Makes ya feel a bit better about these "draft gurus"

It doesn't say he can pass. It says the ball explodes.

Hmm.

Hmm indeed!
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Fixed.
  • crew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GoldenJoe:
Baalke said he was sure Jenkins would be taken very early Day 2. Guy made his move, was sure of it the night before. Glad he had the balls to pull the trigger and take the man he wanted.

Good thing he did because reports are coming out that the Rams were going to take him with the first pick today (#33), had him rated right up there with Floyd, Wright and even close to Blackmon (had Jenkins in for recent private workout). If Niners had traded down with Vikes to #35, Jenkins would have been gone.
I wish the first day encompassed the first 2 rounds.
Hey Zeke,

YOUR THE MAN! What a call.

Todd McS--T - what a clone.

Just like last year the talking hhead - who are WAY overpaid run their mouths while Baalke/JH run their business.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
"I can't remember being in such awe of a quarterback in my decade of attending combines and pro days. Russell's passing session was the most impressive of all the pro days I've been to. His footwork for such a big quarterback was surprising. He was nimble in his dropbacks, rolling out and throwing on the run. The ball just explodes out of his hands."

-Todd McShay

Makes ya feel a bit better about these "draft gurus"

It doesn't say he can pass. It says the ball explodes.

Hmm.

In his defense it wasn't on field stuff that was Russell's demise. But yea the draft isn't an exact science.
Jerry Rice ‏ @JerryRice
@Ajjenkins8 congrats on being a niner! Holla at me will take you to the hill. Lol
Not really a fan of McShay but he did complement the pick, just ended by saying, "may not become a star." That's true of every pick so I'll give Mc a pass.
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by 49ERSAM:
I saw this guy on YouTube today the first time and I was shocked! I thought that was Jerry Rice running and catching.

Told you this kid reminds me of Jerry. A very smooth finesse player who runs the best routes and has no problem separating from defenders.

Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Fleener is nice and the logical choice, but we also needed speed, and jenkins provides that.

He ran a nice 40 time(4.39) but that speed didn't always show up on tape. 13 yards a catch in 2010.

And Fleener is as fast as they come when you talk about the TE position. He's not quite as thick as Rob Gronkowski but as a pass-catcher I honestly believe he has that type of potential. That blend of size, speed and pass-catching ability is a rarity.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Well if ALL OF THOSE GUYS FIZZLED and Moss has arthritic knees and hasn't played in a year and failed with his last 2 teams then maybe just maybe this was a real good pick....

You can play the "what-if" game with every position and basically talk you into reaching for just about any position. Can't do that.
Jerrys got big mitts.
Originally posted by valrod33:
hope jenkins learns a thing or two from Jerry
Share 49ersWebzone