There are 82 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Stephen Hill, Georgia Tech, WR

Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
The closer we get to the draft, the less likely I feel that Hill will be around for the 49ers to select. If he's, then he's a great fit for this team with his size, speed and blocking ability, but I'm kind of iffy, I think Texans will snag him without a 2nd thought.

That is certainly possible. If the Texans are eyeing a WR with their pick they would probably be looking at Hill or Randle. Both are big receivers who can get vertical, and would be very effective in their play-action heavy offense.

IMO randle is the better player
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
wow, I forgot Demaryius Thomas was the first WR drafted in 2010, over Dez Bryant, lol. Denver really screwed up that draft....and Kyle Wilson or McCourty instead of using 2 late round picks on a CB.

Regardless of whatever WR they would have picked, they still would have had TeBlows "passing" to him.
I still think Thomas can be a really good WR if he can stay healthy and have an actually QB starting.
lol Yes finally looks like Thomas won't be playing the triple option anymore with manning, i think if he's healthy than thomas will look good.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by susweel:
This dude seems like a phenom but his lack of receptions scares me.

They didn't pass much at G-Tech.

Check his drops
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Maiocco has an interesting article on not taking a Wr in the first round. It makes alot of sense.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/news/goto.php?id=44036
Originally posted by jreff22:

You have to look at the team stats...

GT 2011 Tevin Washington-74/150, 1652 yards, 11TD's-8INTs
GT 2010 Josh Nesbit-39/105, 674 yards, 7TD's-4INTs Tevin Washington-25/61, 417 yards, 2TDs-3INTs

Stanford 2011 Andrew Luck-288-404, 3517 yards, 37TD's-10INTs
Stanford 2010 Andrew Luck-263/372, 3338 yards, 32-TDs-8INTs

Didn't Calven Johnson put up something like 180 receptions for 3000 yards and 28 TDs while he was at GT for 3 years? Or more recently, didn't Demaryius Thomas put up something like 120 receptions for 2300 yards and 15TDs in his 3 years?

Hill has what, 49 catches 9 TDs in 3 years there....
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:

Check his drops

He had a lot of drops?
Sounds like an upgraded version of Jason Hill.
Maiocco has an interesting article on not taking a Wr in the first round. It makes alot of sense.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/news/goto.php?id=44036

This why I think, with some other people, that a guard in the 1st round makes more sense. 1st round is high for a guard, but chances are good that he can start right away and compete with Kilgore.

I really like Stephen Hill with his size and speed, though his production is really suspect.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Apr 25, 2012 at 8:39 AM ]
This is a deep class of WR. Would rather get an immediate starter at another position at #30 and develop one of the receivers we pick later.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
This is a deep class of WR. Would rather get an immediate starter at another position at #30 and develop one of the receivers we pick later.

Yeah, I'm hearing alot of talking heads saying that Hill didn't run much of anything but straight ahead. We can get a reciever to groom in rounds 2-4. I like the idea of an OG at #30 that can come in and start right away. I'm really starting to sour on Hill and if we go reciever at #30, I'd rather go with Randle, anyways.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Apr 25, 2012 at 9:02 AM ]

Yeah, I'm hearing alot of talking heads saying that Hill didn't run much of anything but straight ahead. We can get a reciever to groom in rounds 2-4. I like the idea of an OG at #30 that can come in and start right away. I'm really starting to sour on Hill, if we go reciever at #30, I'd rather go with Randle.

I agree with the depth at receiver. I'm not sure the dropoff from Hill to the 3rd rd guys is enough to justify Hill as a 1st rd selection.
Originally posted by D_Niner:

Yeah, I'm hearing alot of talking heads saying that Hill didn't run much of anything but straight ahead. We can get a reciever to groom in rounds 2-4. I like the idea of an OG at #30 that can come in and start right away. I'm really starting to sour on Hill, if we go reciever at #30, I'd rather go with Randle.

I agree with the depth at receiver. I'm not sure the dropoff from Hill to the 3rd rd guys is enough to justify Hill as a 1st rd selection.

We are so set at almost every position that I don't really care which of our weak positions Baalke goes for first.
  • DRnSFw
  • Veteran
this guy is the next big time WR we must draft him i like this pick
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:

Check his drops

Tell us..just how many did he have?
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:
Sounds like an upgraded version of Jason Hill.

A player that makes the team would be an upgraded version of Jason Hill...