LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

Stephen Hill, Georgia Tech, WR

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
I'm hard for Hill too. but it just doesn't make sense to draft a WR so high.

He will be the #1 in 2013

i'm sold. do it. BPA.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
I'm hard for Hill too. but it just doesn't make sense to draft a WR so high.

He will be the #1 in 2013

Yeap. We're renting Randy.

Hill, Crabs, Manningham, Ginn, maybe Kyle Williams?

Hell, if we draft Hill, Kyle Williams could get cut.
The closer we get to the draft, the more I get the feeling Stephen Hill will be the pick. I think we would take him over Fleener or Zeitler.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
The closer we get to the draft, the more I get the feeling Stephen Hill will be the pick. I think we would take him over Fleener or Zeitler.

I hope so. I think he brings more to the table than either of those two guys. We have very good TEs...We have enough depth on the line that we can afford to get a lineman in the 2nd.

If Konz somehow fell, I could see us taking him...but other than that, I'm all about Hill. A guy like that can be both a deep threat and a redzone threat.
This is the first time in what feels like a long time where I haven't had a favorite prospect in mind heading into the draft. Probably because we're picking so late, and I have no idea who'll be on the board when we pick. Compared to years past when you pretty much have a general idea on who will be available.

With that said, I think I'm coming around to the idea of drafting Stephen Hill in the first round. The upside of this kid is exciting to me. Tall, fast and physical.. something we really haven't had since Terrell Owens was here. Definitely a raw talent, and I'm not sure if he'll be able to contribute right away, but we haven't had an elite WR in a long time. This kid definitely has the look of an elite NFL WR.

Either way, I trust Baalke and co. right now, so I wont have a beef with anyone they feel is worthy of a first round pick; however, I'm definitely warming up to the idea of adding Stephen Hill to our WR Corp.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
I'm glad a lot of people are starting to see why I love the kid as a WR and are jumping on the bandwagon. He, imo, seems like the perfect WR for us. Size, speed, blocking, coachable, crazy potential. Sounds like a Harbaugh/Baalke guy to me.

Sweet Jesus! with all those qualities he should be a Top 5 pick. Why isn't he?

Oh, that's right -- he's a major major risk.
He's huge!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

I would cream my pants if we picked Hill.

The closer we get to the draft, the less likely I feel that Hill will be around for the 49ers to select. If he's, then he's a great fit for this team with his size, speed and blocking ability, but I'm kind of iffy, I think Texans will snag him without a 2nd thought.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
I hope so. I think he brings more to the table than either of those two guys. We have very good TEs...We have enough depth on the line that we can afford to get a lineman in the 2nd.

If Konz somehow fell, I could see us taking him...but other than that, I'm all about Hill. A guy like that can be both a deep threat and a redzone threat.

Correction...we have a very good TE. As in one, singular, not plural.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Correction...we have a very good TE. As in one, singular, not plural.

+1. Walker is not a good Tight End, he's an H Back, and an OK one. Byham is supposed to be an amazing blocker, but that's it. So, we:

- Draft Fleener
- Cut Walker, save $1.5m
- Keep Byham
- Draft a WR later in the draft...maybe even trade back up in the 2nd for whichever WR drops down to #50 or so.
I think Stephen Hill is a perfect fit for the 49ers. He's exactly what we're looking for in a WR. He has the size, speed, and he's a good run blocker coming Georgia Tech's triple-option offense! As a rookie, (worst case scenario) he could be used to stretch the field, run block, and help improve our redzone offense. Given one season to learn from a guy like Randy Moss will really benefit Hill's development into a star.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by Travisty13:
I'm glad a lot of people are starting to see why I love the kid as a WR and are jumping on the bandwagon. He, imo, seems like the perfect WR for us. Size, speed, blocking, coachable, crazy potential. Sounds like a Harbaugh/Baalke guy to me.

Sweet Jesus! with all those qualities he should be a Top 5 pick. Why isn't he?

Oh, that's right -- he's a major major risk.

crabtree was supposed to be the steal of the century when he fell to us and he hasnt exactly lit the league on fire. the draft is a crap shoot, Hill has the tools to be a monster and we have awesome coaches so if hes there i think hes the guy we need to get
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by PTulini:
I think Stephen Hill is a perfect fit for the 49ers. He's exactly what we're looking for in a WR. He has the size, speed, and he's a good run blocker coming Georgia Tech's triple-option offense! As a rookie, (worst case scenario) he could be used to stretch the field, run block, and help improve our redzone offense. Given one season to learn from a guy like Randy Moss will really benefit Hill's development into a star.

Exactly how I feel plus Crabtree (really don't get the feeling he will re-sign once his rookie contract is up) and one or two of our veterans might not be here in a year or two.
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
I want this guy on our team!!!!!!!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone