LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 321 users in the forums

Stephen Hill, Georgia Tech, WR

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I agree with this. I feel like either Streeter or Hill...maybe even both, are going to be big stars in this league and teams will go back and look at the draft like "how the hell did we miss on these guys?"

I don't get that feeling with some of the potential late 1st round/early 2nd round receivers. I see guys like Sanu and Jeffery as complementary receivers at best, which there's nothing wrong with that if for example you're Houston and you have Andre Johnson and need a strong #2 receiver or if you're Detroit and have Calvin Johnson and need another guy(Burelson is crap).

49ers already have a pretty good complementary receiver in Crabtree. Both Hill and Streeter will take time to develop but both have tremendous ceilings and could end up among the best receivers in football.

if wed have to take them in second round

problem is both are extremelly raw and wont make an immmeadiet impact so id we dont fill the need in FA we have to get a WR in first too
I am more enamored with these middle round receivers, don't see that much of a drop off talent wise when you compare these guys to the late 1st rounders. Would love to see Baalke draft a big WR and/or TE/WR in the middle rounds.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

problem is both are extremelly raw and wont make an immmeadiet impact so id we dont fill the need in FA we have to get a WR in first too

That's why I'm all for adding someone like Garcon or Meachem, who won't cost a fortune but can make positive contributions. You already know how I feel about adding Fleener as the NOW weapon, and then a guy like Streeter or Hill who can develop into the #1 slot for when Kaepernick takes over as QB.

A receiving corps of Garcon, Crabtree, Morgan, Kyle Williams and Hill/Streeter with VD, Fleener and Walker at TE would lead to instant improvement on offense, in every single facet of it.

I just think its a lot better to draft a guy with a huge ceiling and tons of potential such as Hill or Streeter than to draft a so-so guy such as Sanu who will contribute immediately but a guy I never see filling the void of #1 receiver honestly.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

That's why I'm all for adding someone like Garcon or Meachem, who won't cost a fortune but can make positive contributions. You already know how I feel about adding Fleener as the NOW weapon, and then a guy like Streeter or Hill who can develop into the #1 slot for when Kaepernick takes over as QB.

A receiving corps of Garcon, Crabtree, Morgan, Kyle Williams and Hill/Streeter with VD, Fleener and Walker at TE would lead to instant improvement on offense, in every single facet of it.

I just think its a lot better to draft a guy with a huge ceiling and tons of potential such as Hill or Streeter than to draft a so-so guy such as Sanu who will contribute immediately but a guy I never see filling the void of #1 receiver honestly.

I would love to get Meachem in FA and Fleener and Hill in the draft would make this offense so much better!
Originally posted by tohara3:
I would love to get Meachem in FA and Fleener and Hill in the draft would make this offense so much better!

Please tell us YOU are Trent Baalke!?!
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by oldman9er:

I second this! We need to send some messages to Baalke lol.
CBS Sports draft analyst Rob Rang compares Georgia Tech WR Stephen Hill to Demaryius Thomas and believes Hill could be a sleeper to be drafted in the second round with a big Combine.Rang mentions Hill as one of five underclassman prospects who could "light up the Combine" and experience a "significant boost to their draft stock." In 2011, Hill averaged a freakish 29.3 yards per reception as the deep threat in Georgia Tech's triple-option offense. Rang expects Hill to run in the high 4.4s at his listed 6-foot-5, 206, and impress in leaping drills.

WR Stephen Hill, Georgia Tech: Hill reminds me a lot of former Georgia Tech standout Demaryius Thomas for his size, straight-line speed and big play ability. NFLDraftScout.com is currently estimating Hill as being able to run the 40-yard dash in 4.57 seconds. I think he'll shave a tenth off that time, as well as impress in leaping drills. He's undeniably raw but don't be surprised if a strong showing in Indianapolis pushes Hill into the second round.

http://rob-rang.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/13682485/34945102?source=rss_blogs_NFL%20Draft
Originally posted by sfout:

Wish I was! Will get to sending him messages as soon as possible!
  • sfout
  • Veteran

sounds like a plan. Hill in the 2nd regardless of what happens in the 1st sounds like a great pick to me, sorry to go off and merge a crazy idea with but imagine that we sign Mike Wallace for our 1st round pick and have Hill in the second

Crabtree - Wallace - Hill - Morgan - Williams/Bogan/rookie - omg I would die. That'll never happen but Hill is looking like a great option for the 9ers.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
He tall.

Worth a 4th round pick easily
Not sure if it was covered, but what kind of offense did he run in GT?

I'm on board with Meachem as the free agent, but I still haven't settled on what receiver I prefer in the draft. I'm leaning towards:

1. Floyd - longshot
2. Randle
3. Sanu - only if he runs well
4. Hill
5. Streeter
6. Quick.

as with a lot of you, that order may change depending on the combine results.
Originally posted by adrenaline:
Not sure if it was covered, but what kind of offense did he run in GT?

triple option
Next megatron?
Share 49ersWebzone