LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

Stephen Hill, Georgia Tech, WR

Originally posted by Kolohe:
I'm gonna make a prediction and say he gets drafted late 1st or 2nd round. 6'5" 210 measurable and all he would need to do is run a 4.5 at the combine and done deal.

Anyone know if he got any off-field issues and hows his work ethic??

Don't see any character concerns, but I don't know about late 1st or 2nd round, being how raw he is. I've seen him listed as low as 6-3 1/2, so if he runs mid 4.5 that may not be enough to lift him out of the 3rd when guys like Streeter may be posted 4.3's.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I'm gonna make a prediction and say he gets drafted late 1st or 2nd round. 6'5" 210 measurable and all he would need to do is run a 4.5 at the combine and done deal.

Anyone know if he got any off-field issues and hows his work ethic??

Don't see any character concerns, but I don't know about late 1st or 2nd round, being how raw he is. I've seen him listed as low as 6-3 1/2, so if he runs mid 4.5 that may not be enough to lift him out of the 3rd when guys like Streeter may be posted 4.3's.

If we can get him in the 3rd, that's fine by me. I just don't wanna get my hopes if his stock rises.
if niners are to open their passing game i think they need to add receivers like stephen hill....
This guy will NOT run in the 4.3's ... Anyone thinking otherwise is just delusional
If anyone's going to run in the 4.3's among the big, tall guys, the most likely is Streeter. He has run times of 4.36 and 4.40 during spring practices for Miami.
there is no suerstar r bust guy like hill
Originally posted by hofer36:
if niners are to open their passing game i think they need to add receivers like stephen hill....

With Crabtree on one side, Vernon rolling the middle of the field and Hill on the other side would make this offense very hard to contend with.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I don't need a receiver that can run a 4.3, I just want one that can get separation and can catch. I'm tired of passes being dropped, frickin Crabtree and Williams had 4 yesterday.

That's why I loved Joshua Morgan so much, he caught pretty much everything.
I don't need a receiver that can run a 4.3, I just want one that can get separation and can catch. I'm tired of passes being dropped, frickin Crabtree and Williams had 4 yesterday.

true dat! he was our most reliable WR
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
If anyone's going to run in the 4.3's among the big, tall guys, the most likely is Streeter. He has run times of 4.36 and 4.40 during spring practices for Miami.

i would like a shot to draft streeter

drops kill QB's...look at Rodgers today
Originally posted by jreff22:

drops kill QB's...look at Rodgers today

rodgexcuses

great qbs will overcome that
Is Georgia TeIch WR Stephen Hill the best big play threat in the draft?

The Breakdown…

WR Stephen Hill: Georgia Tech (6-5, 205)

A tall, long legged wide out who has a decent get off burst for his size. Builds speed as he goes and the further down the field he gets the tougher he is to run with. Showcases good body control when asked to track the football. Locates the throw well, can extend his arms and make acrobatic plays on the football. Knows how to fend off contact down the field. Is a coordinated wide out with good body control, balances himself well when asked to high point the play and can collect himself quickly to go get the football. Showcases "plus" hands at times when asked to pluck off his frame. Exhibits a large set of paws and can snatch cleanly with one hand. However, does have a tendency at times to lose concentration and will put the ball on the ground. Exhibits some wiggle to his game for a bigger receiver with the ball in his hands. Has some natural initial explosion, can change directions and make a cut at full speed, allowing him to side step a defender with the ball in his hands. Exhibits good initial quickness/power as well when asked to side-step/break a tackle in the bubble screen game and is a tough guy initially to bring down.

Isn't a real polished route runner because of the scheme. Is asked to typically just run vertical routes where he can track/height point the football. Has been asked to work from the slot, but seemed to round off/drift in and out of his breaks. And isn't real sharp or sudden in that area of the game. Watching his short area quickness and body control for a big guy he looks like he can certainly develop in the three-step game and has the skill set to be able to beat press coverage off the line. Is a strong blocker and will get after it in the run game. Looks like a 4.5 guy, might be able to run in the low 4.5 range and does have some burst to his game. Can physically get bigger, is tall and long limbed, and I would like to see him add a bit more girth.

Impression: Has a unique skill set, can pluck off his frame, track the football and is the next big time talent from the Georgia Tech program. Is going to need some time to develop, but can come in and track football vertically early on. Has a lot of upside to his game and the skill set says he's an NFL starter.

Grade: 6.6 D J

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Is-Georgia-Tech-WR-Stephen-Hill-the-best-big-play-threat-in-the-draft.html

The scouting report of Stephen Hill by National Football Post. For those wondering about his grade:
6.6 Clean player who is inconsistent in his play due to character, technique, alertness or competitiveness… Has all the physical tools needed to become a starter… If he overcomes his deficiencies he will be a star in the league… If he doesn't he will be a complete failure — There is NO middle ground!

D This prospect has NO weakness in any critical factors, but will need time and development in order to fulfill his potential.

J This prospect is an underclassman and has decided to enter the draft early.

I've been saying it, this is the WR I want us to snag in the draft. Why grab a 1st round WR, when potentially, the best WR can be had in the 2nd or possibly 3rd round?
I would be very happy with either Hill or Streeter. Both guys are raw and will take some time to develop. Both guys however have tremendous ceilings, great size, athletic ability, agility, speed....etc, both are potential #1 WR's on the right team with the right coaching. Would be thrilled to see either one picked in the 2nd round. They might not be major contributors at first, but given a full offseason and a year in the system, they could make a HUGE impact down the road.

I've been saying it, this is the WR I want us to snag in the draft. Why grab a 1st round WR, when potentially, the best WR can be had in the 2nd or possibly 3rd round?

I agree with this. I feel like either Streeter or Hill...maybe even both, are going to be big stars in this league and teams will go back and look at the draft like "how the hell did we miss on these guys?"

I don't get that feeling with some of the potential late 1st round/early 2nd round receivers. I see guys like Sanu and Jeffery as complementary receivers at best, which there's nothing wrong with that if for example you're Houston and you have Andre Johnson and need a strong #2 receiver or if you're Detroit and have Calvin Johnson and need another guy(Burelson is crap).

49ers already have a pretty good complementary receiver in Crabtree. Both Hill and Streeter will take time to develop but both have tremendous ceilings and could end up among the best receivers in football.
Share 49ersWebzone