LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

Stephen Hill, Georgia Tech, WR

everybody is on this dude's nuts now
Originally posted by kronik:
ALot of replays of the same highlight in a pass happy offense. He doesnt seem that fast to me, quick tho like a Kyle Williams. Great deep throws by RG3 helped him look good but I'll take the bigger ,stronger, faster guy ANYDAY (Hill, Floyd or Randle).

he makes a lot of diving catches because RG3 overthrows him quite a bit

floyd isnt a deep threat more of a possesion RZ target (like a colston or bowe) basically he has the ability to make deep plays but not a deep play threat

wright is quick and fast he is the answer for 3rd down conversions and you have to keep a saftey deep on him that will free up the middle of the field for vernon or crabs

i swear people put too much stock on 40 times
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Run real fast for 40 yards in a situation irrelevant to real football, catch a couple balls in shorts, be tall, and the football world will beat a path to your door.
Ghost al davis is beating off to this guy right now
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:

Run real fast for 40 yards in a situation irrelevant to real football, catch a couple balls in shorts, be tall, and the football world will beat a path to your door.

Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

lol Like it or not that's what the combine is for. To improve a guy's stock and get notice in otherwise small sample size of the college season or confirm what's already on tape. GM and coaches are much smarter than that. They don't just go gaga over the combine numbers and 'performance' alone. And really no one is even remotely saying any of these receivers in college is ready to make an impact on the NFL the day they are signed. They may contribute to some extent to the offense but they all need to put in hard work to be consistent. What they can't teach is physical size and speed. The rest are all teachable and contingent upon how hard the guy is willing to work at it.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

lol Like it or not that's what the combine is for. To improve a guy's stock and get notice in otherwise small sample size of the college season or confirm what's already on tape. GM and coaches are much smarter than that. They don't just go gaga over the combine numbers and 'performance' alone. And really no one is even remotely saying any of these receivers in college is ready to make an impact on the NFL the day they are signed. They may contribute to some extent to the offense but they all need to put in hard work to be consistent. What they can't teach is physical size and speed. The rest are all teachable and contingent upon how hard the guy is willing to work at it.

LOL. I hear you, and I know Baalke and Harbaugh aren't in a room somewhere arranging their board based strictly on height and 40 time, but it seems like a lot of fans are.

I'm all for the idea of taking project guys as early as Round 3, but taking a guy like Hill in Round 1 based on a good combine is insane to me. It's even worse than insane, it's Al Davis. God rest his soul.
[ Edited by JamesGatz83 on Feb 26, 2012 at 3:58 PM ]
LOL. I hear you, and I know Baalke and Harbaugh aren't in a room somewhere arranging their board based strictly on height and 40 time, but it seems like a lot of fans are.

I'm all for the idea of taking project guys as early as Round 3, but taking a guy like Hill in Round 1 based on a good combine is insane to me. It's even worse than insane, it's Al Davis. God rest his soul.

So if the 49ers happen to take Hill in the 1st round, we shouldn't count you on the bandwagon?

i gotta disagree here

he just doesnt have elite speed

he has elite size (2nd tallest WR) and great vertical( one of best at combine) he is also an elite blocker
and in GT had a 30 YPC

ya i agree his production is low but GT only passed it like 120 times all season.

the only knock on him is footwork and route running

he hired a HOF WR from falcons (forgot his name) to work on both... tht shows a lot about his work ethic and when he reaches pros and if he has a good offensive coach( which we have) that may help him a lot

he is a batural pass catcher as well and is fluid
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
i gotta disagree here

he just doesnt have elite speed

he has elite size (2nd tallest WR) and great vertical( one of best at combine) he is also an elite blocker
and in GT had a 30 YPC

ya i agree his production is low but GT only passed it like 120 times all season.

the only knock on him is footwork and route running

he hired a HOF WR from falcons (forgot his name) to work on both... tht shows a lot about his work ethic and when he reaches pros and if he has a good offensive coach( which we have) that may help him a lot

he is a batural pass catcher as well and is fluid

Not a HOF WR, but still a pretty good one who had some good games against the 49ers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bFfNmIi8l0
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 26, 2012 at 4:32 PM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

I don't know if 49ers will draft him, but he will be #1 WR for somebody.
[ Edited by ishkabibel on Feb 26, 2012 at 4:33 PM ]

OK so he runs fast in shorts, but does he attack the ball and is aggressive on the field? Or does he shy away from contact?
OK so he runs fast in shorts, but does he attack the ball and is aggressive on the field? Or does he shy away from contact?

no hes extremelly physical

This. He likes to block and would be a guy that'd block all the way down the field too.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
./
[ Edited by ImaMod on Feb 26, 2012 at 5:21 PM ]
Originally posted by Travisty13:

This. He likes to block and would be a guy that'd block all the way down the field too.

oh nice, i like him more now
Share 49ersWebzone