LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

Stephen Hill, Georgia Tech, WR

Just thought about this one for a second. New England will take him if he's there.

McDaniels is back and will want his Randy Moss. He's also the guy who took Demarious Thomas.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Marvin Jones is the only receiver I hope we don't draft early on

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
no way

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI2waXrONR8

dude dodges guys like no other

Yeah Big 12 guys always puts up good Youtube videos.

When it comes to putting up good receivers well that's a different story.

QTF

Q...T...F...
  • mike
  • Veteran
Wright could either be a wallace, or a golden tate. Lets see...Wallace ran a 4.28, Tate a 4.42...Which is he more likely to be?
[ Edited by mike on Feb 26, 2012 at 2:49 PM ]
That's how most Big 12 offenses work. Michael Crabtree had 134 and 97 catches. Rashaun Woods had 107 catches one year.

It's the magic of the bubble screen.

Too bad we use bubble screens quite often
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Just thought about this one for a second. New England will take him if he's there.

McDaniels is back and will want his Randy Moss. He's also the guy who took Demarious Thomas.

Keep your thoughts to yourself.
That's how most Big 12 offenses work. Michael Crabtree had 134 and 97 catches. Rashaun Woods had 107 catches one year.

It's the magic of the bubble screen.

Too bad we use bubble screens quite often

wright isnt even used for screens that much

a lot of his throws are pretty deep
Stephen Hill just blasted into the top 20 picks with that 40 time. If Al Davis was alive, he'd be a Raider - LOL. I love his size, and physicalness for the 49ers - and that 40 time seems impressive. BUT, BUT, watch his 40 combine video. It seems to me he has a strange stride, its not exactly a long stride, but it didn't seem powerful or conducive to great route running. Obviously, you don't base everything on how a guy looks in the 40, but...he doesn't look natural like Megatron or Fitzgerald did at their combines.
Originally posted by HearstFan:
Stephen Hill just blasted into the top 20 picks with that 40 time. If Al Davis was alive, he'd be a Raider - LOL. I love his size, and physicalness for the 49ers - and that 40 time seems impressive. BUT, BUT, watch his 40 combine video. It seems to me he has a strange stride, its not exactly a long stride, but it didn't seem powerful or conducive to great route running. Obviously, you don't base everything on how a guy looks in the 40, but...he doesn't look natural like Megatron or Fitzgerald did at their combines.

fitz didnt run at his combine
Originally posted by Ether:
Marvin Jones is the only receiver I hope we don't draft early on

no way

Yeah Big 12 guys always puts up good Youtube videos.

When it comes to putting up good receivers well that's a different story.

QTF

Q...T...F...

Wait Ace why don't you want Marvin Jones?
Originally posted by HearstFan:

fitz didnt run at his combine

I thought he did and he ran like a 4.62 or something.

wright isnt even used for screens that much

a lot of his throws are pretty deep

He's extensively used in the bubble screen game and that's why his YPC is 15 yards per game despite him being one of the best vertical threats in college football last year.

In the NFL bubble screen equals 4.5 to 5 yards across the board. The league is just too fast to be destroyed by it.
if hill floyd wright fall to 30 we have to take one of them
If Hill/ Floyd falls I'd probally agree because their upside is phenomenal. Floyd is a top 15 receiver though and won't fall.

Don't agree on Kendall Wright though. Playing with Griffen opens the possibility that we were looking at fools gold.

no debate you take Floyd--he has the proven more rounded game than Hill...can hill run the routes other than the go and bubble screen? i dont know, but floyd is a poor man's version of larryfitzgerald
5'10 190

Wallace is 6'0 and 200 and I'd classify him in the same boat that I classify Jackson. Great deep threat, great at extending plays but necessarily a guy who shrugs people off left and right like Cruz does.

Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders play that role in Pburgh.

I don't think Wright is the prospect that his stats state. He's playing in a crap defensive conference with the best college quarterback in terms of rushing and passing ability possibly ever.

no way

ALot of replays of the same highlight in a pass happy offense. He doesnt seem that fast to me, quick tho like a Kyle Williams. Great deep throws by RG3 helped him look good but I'll take the bigger ,stronger, faster guy ANYDAY (Hill, Floyd or Randle).
Floyd won't fall to 30. Too much tape. It seems to me the question is if Hill is there at 1-30 can you pass? I say no because he won't be there at 2-30 and we have no other position of such need. This kind of size and speed are not everyday things.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
I thought he did and he ran like a 4.62 or something.

pro day
Share 49ersWebzone