LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 276 users in the forums

Stephen Hill, Georgia Tech, WR

Originally posted by marshniners24:
So what now hes a projected first rounder?

We might make that possible. Like bosses
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Baalke and Harbaugh will target the specific guy they want that collectively has all the skill, talent, and "fit" for the team that we want. This is going to be exciting, but the anticipation is going to kill us until we finally get to our pick!

Yeah this years draft is more exciting than most imo. Having so much happen before us, and seeing how everything plays out. And knowing we have coaches that can actually coach now, so seeing what type of players we target is exciting. Also knowing we are only a few pieces away, this is probably my favorite draft in awhile.
Yeah definitely, I liked what harbaugh said during the press day interview about how going from year 1 to year 2 is the biggest improvement whether you're talking about rookies going into their sophomore year or an entire new offense like ours going from harbaugh's first year to the second. That's the year that offers the biggest chance for improvement and determines how good you'll be for several years ahead.

This is the year that we see how high Alex's statistical ceiling is with an upgraded and healthy WR corps. We find out if he's a Freeman(efficient one year, 20 ints the next), actually has potential to be a Brees, or somewhere in between. This is the year that our o-line gets a chance to really gel as a unit(no major changes for once). This is the year that crabtree gets chemistry w/Alex and at least becomes a consistent chain-moving possession receiver. Add on a big play receiver, and we may very well be able to push this offense over the top.
Stephen Hill has doubled his twitter followers in 1 day. Lol.
Originally posted by vrabbit:
This guy will NOT run in the 4.3's ... Anyone thinking otherwise is just delusional

Hill, Randle, Streeter

There's 2 strategies we could use

1. Take the best guy in the 1st
2. Take Fleener or a guard, then take the guy that falls in the 2nd

I'm pretty much okay with anything we choose to do with the exception of taking Sanu. I don't think he brings anything new to the table.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Feb 26, 2012 at 1:19 PM ]
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
No one on these boards even knew who Randle was before mayocks mock....then everyone was all over him. This guy Hill runs a good 40 and then hes the pick and Randle is out.

Ill be honest, i like both these guys, Im a huge fan of Randle, Hill, Streeter, And Elvis Akpla. Those are my 4 WR's of choice, but i would not spend the #30 pick on any WR that will be available. Its simply too much of a reach at 30 when a star at another position will fall to us, and there is similar talent in the second and third..

I want to be clear, im not saying these guys arent talented. I just dont think any of them are worth the #30 overall.

Considering that I live in LSU country and watched every game of his, I'll easily throw the BS flag on this.

Now that said, it's true that Randle can be tougher to "scout".. due to the QB carousel and playcalls. I liked Randle as a 2nd rounder for us, but I can see him going anywhere from late 1st to late 2nd. I'm good with Randle at #30 if our staff selects him.

Ok so your one of the few who know who he was because you live in LSU country...whats your point? I know more about Elvis Akpla because i live in Northern Idaho, but that doesnt mean the rest of the board knows who he is.

I Know im over exaggerating a bit, but my point is we go from Randle being the pic, to hill being the pick. Personally i dont like any of the WR that will be available at 30. Having said that, Im not Baalke and i will respect what ever he decides to do with the pick, He has proven to me he knows what he is doing. I Honestly think alot of people here are going to be mighty disapointed when we dont take a WR with the first.

Again im not saying i dont like hill, or Randle, just that i dont like them at 30.
You don't want a WR in the 1st, we get it.

But not everyone was on randle's nuts like you're acting like we were. There was one article that said he would be a good fit for the niners because of his physical style and blocking abilities and that pushed his topic up on the boards and got us discussing him. The fact is he's not a big play receiver that just rips defenses open and many of us knew that already. The 40 times only confirm that.

When you get a big guy like Hill running a wicked fast 40, it separates him from the pack a bit. He was a 2nd-3rd rounder when he was projected to run a 4.5, it's very easy to see him move up to the late 1st/early 2nd with his combine performance.

If you never "reach" a bit for the guys you want to get, you don't get the guys you want to get. It's that simple. Aldon smith never joins our team last year in that scenario.
so many options at WR but we need one of them at 30

i really hope wright or floyd falls but if not i think hill is a great optino
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

If we are gonna reach on a WR, why the hell not go get a 6'4 215 lb guy that runs 4.3....I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin

We need to get a receiver, but it doesn't need to be in the 1st.

Streeter, Randle the guy who falls into the 2nd is just as likely to succeed as Hill is.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
We need to get a receiver, but it doesn't need to be in the 1st.

Streeter, Randle the guy who falls into the 2nd is just as likely to succeed as Hill is.
if hill floyd wright fall to 30 we have to take one of them

Originally posted by mike:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
No one on these boards even knew who Randle was before mayocks mock....then everyone was all over him. This guy Hill runs a good 40 and then hes the pick and Randle is out.

Ill be honest, i like both these guys, Im a huge fan of Randle, Hill, Streeter, And Elvis Akpla. Those are my 4 WR's of choice, but i would not spend the #30 pick on any WR that will be available. Its simply too much of a reach at 30 when a star at another position will fall to us, and there is similar talent in the second and third..

I want to be clear, im not saying these guys arent talented. I just dont think any of them are worth the #30 overall.

Considering that I live in LSU country and watched every game of his, I'll easily throw the BS flag on this.

Now that said, it's true that Randle can be tougher to "scout".. due to the QB carousel and playcalls. I liked Randle as a 2nd rounder for us, but I can see him going anywhere from late 1st to late 2nd. I'm good with Randle at #30 if our staff selects him.

Ok so your one of the few who know who he was because you live in LSU country...whats your point? I know more about Elvis Akpla because i live in Northern Idaho, but that doesnt mean the rest of the board knows who he is.

I Know im over exaggerating a bit, but my point is we go from Randle being the pic, to hill being the pick. Personally i dont like any of the WR that will be available at 30. Having said that, Im not Baalke and i will respect what ever he decides to do with the pick, He has proven to me he knows what he is doing. I Honestly think alot of people here are going to be mighty disapointed when we dont take a WR with the first.

Again im not saying i dont like hill, or Randle, just that i dont like them at 30.
You don't want a WR in the 1st, we get it.

But not everyone was on randle's nuts like you're acting like we were. There was one article that said he would be a good fit for the niners because of his physical style and blocking abilities and that pushed his topic up on the boards and got us discussing him. The fact is he's not a big play receiver that just rips defenses open and many of us knew that already. The 40 times only confirm that.

When you get a big guy like Hill running a wicked fast 40, it separates him from the pack a bit. He was a 2nd-3rd rounder when he was projected to run a 4.5, it's very easy to see him move up to the late 1st/early 2nd with his combine performance.

If you never "reach" a bit for the guys you want to get, you don't get the guys you want to get. It's that simple. Aldon smith never joins our team last year in that scenario.

Aldon Smith is a totally different beast.

Were talking about grabbing a WR with the #30 overall, when possibly 3-4 WR will already be off the board by that pick. Again...I like Randle, AND hill, just not at the end of the first. Yes everyone was on Randles nuts and saying the exact same thing everyone is saying in here..."if you want a guy sometimes you have to reach"....Its not that i dont want a WR in the first, i dont think that any of the WR that will be Available are WORTH that pick. I would love to have Randle, Hill, Or Streeter, on our roster, just dont want to pay the #30 for any of them.

If hes Baalke's guy than Baalke will take him. I will respect that, and embrace who ever is picked as a Niner.
if hill floyd wright fall to 30 we have to take one of them
If Hill/ Floyd falls I'd probally agree because their upside is phenomenal. Floyd is a top 15 receiver though and won't fall.

Don't agree on Kendall Wright though. Playing with Griffen opens the possibility that we were looking at fools gold.
If Hill/ Floyd falls I'd probally agree because their upside is phenomenal. Floyd is a top 15 receiver though and won't fall.

Don't agree on Kendall Wright though. Playing with Griffen opens the possibility that we were looking at fools gold.

wright catches everything and is a playmaker i think he led the league in recieving yards i dont think he is fools gold at all

and for his speed he is 190 pounds soo he isnt a shrimp either
i doubt griffen wouldve had a good year of wright wasnt there he was really his only target
[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Feb 26, 2012 at 1:39 PM ]
  • mike
  • Veteran

wright catches everything and is a playmaker i think he led the league in recieving yards i dont think he is fools gold at all

and for his speed he is 190 pounds soo he isnt a shrimp either
i doubt griffen wouldve had a good year of wright wasnt there he was really his only target

If Wright wasn't there it's possible someone else would be catching his deep balls and getting consideration as a top 3 WR. Stats don't mean a whole lot to me when crabtree had 1900 yds/22 tds in college.
For the draftniks out there...

Who has a better chance at being there for our 2nd round pick - Fleener or S Hill?
Share 49ersWebzone