LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

Stephen Hill, Georgia Tech, WR

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
I'm hoping that Tannehill has a really good combine and some team is willing to trade up to #30 to get him; then the 49ers turn two 2nd round draft picks into Fleener and Hill! That would give our offense the shot in the arm they need, two players 6'4" and 6'6" to convert on 3rd downs and are BIG RZ options.

wouldnt mind this one bit

washington would have to trade up someone early in 2nd round

but my first choise would be to trade up for wright

I agree. I actually hope we do trade back alittle and pick up a pick or 2. Than if we can still grab Hill and say Fleener and maybe an OLB in the 3rd, I'd be happy as hell with the draft.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
he plays in a spread offense that completely inflates his stats (played ay OKLA ST at that) is he a good prospect yes he is but he isnt an elite prospect if he came out last year (same production age etc just last years class) he would be 3rd WR taken behing green and jones and same thing except for next year he wouldd be behind woods and wilson

well 95 % of college football is spread offense, its not his fault he tore it up in a spread offense

anyways, back to Stephen Hill
6'5 and 4.36 is crazy. When is he projected to go? Early 2nd?

Before the combine he was a 2nd-3rd. He may have moved himself up into the 1st-early 2nd now.

We are just in the right spot to take this kid. Can't wait till draft day.

It's a 4.30 and a 4.31 in the 40

But remember Jason Hill who was with us ran a 4.32 also. But for Stephen Hill at his size to run that fast is impressive. The next thing is to see if he actually play at that speed. But you can see that speed on some of his vertical catches.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Want Want Want Want Want Want
  • mike
  • Veteran
So I'm guessing Hill just got rid of the notion that it's a reach to take a WR in the late 1st? People were saying that it's not worth it because the top tier is blackmon floyd and maybe wright.

The question may now be does wright's value fall and hills rise enough for hill to be taken earlier?
WOW. I want him on the 49ers now!
Stephen Hill is the tied for the Top 40 (4.36), has the 4th best Vert (39.5), and the Top Broad Jump (133.0).
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mike:
So I'm guessing Hill just got rid of the notion that it's a reach to take a WR in the late 1st? People were saying that it's not worth it because the top tier is blackmon floyd and maybe wright.

The question may now be does wright's value fall and hills rise enough for hill to be taken earlier?

I seriously doubt it.
Stephen Hill is the tied for the Top 40 (4.36), has the 4th best Vert (39.5), and the Top Broad Jump (133.0).

i torn between hill and wright and floyd in 1st round

any1 of those guys and ill be happy

hill has best upside but wright and floyd are safer options
Let's see... Big, fast, from Georgia Tech? I'm sold!
Does anyone know Hill's hand size? They were glue-like during drills.

i torn between hill and wright and floyd in 1st round

any1 of those guys and ill be happy

hill has best upside but wright and floyd are safer options

I've said it numerous times, but Hill is my fav. WR in this draft.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

This means as much, if not more, to me than his 40 time. I want a guy who can go up and get the ball.

Anybody have info on his ability to out jump defenders? Did he do that in college at all?

From what I've seen, he's good at tracking the deep passes... is that accurate?
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ishkabibel:

Around 9 1/2 I think.
Originally posted by ishkabibel:

9 3/8 with 33 3/8 arms
Originally posted by Wodwo:

This means as much, if not more, to me than his 40 time. I want a guy who can go up and get the ball.

Anybody have info on his ability to out jump defenders? Did he do that in college at all?

From what I've seen, he's good at tracking the deep passes... is that accurate?

meh

he does have good vertical and et the ball but didnt fight for it that much

he was open on a lot of plays

the fact he didnt fight for it much was not because he doesnt or cant but due to limited oppurtunities

btw what was floyds vertical? he fights for the ball a lot and imo one of the best RZ targets this draft ahs to offer (28 TD in college career)
Share 49ersWebzone