LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 357 users in the forums

Stephen Hill, Georgia Tech, WR

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/09000d5d827378aa/Hill-making-a-presence
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
have you seen him play name one thig he does at an elite level?

Have you seen him play?? He's sick

he plays in a spread offense that completely inflates his stats (played ay OKLA ST at that) is he a good prospect yes he is but he isnt an elite prospect if he came out last year (same production age etc just last years class) he would be 3rd WR taken behing green and jones and same thing except for next year he wouldd be behind woods and wilson
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/09000d5d82736e20/Stephen-Hill-is-fastest-receiver
What I like about Hill, as opposed to a guy like Streeter, is it looks like Hill is a natural catcher of the ball. He will no doubt be overdrafted based on his college production, but I think Hill actually has a shot at living up to his big potential.
have you seen him play name one thig he does at an elite level?

Have you seen him play?? He's sick

he plays in a spread offense that completely inflates his stats (played ay OKLA ST at that) is he a good prospect yes he is but he isnt an elite prospect if he came out last year (same production age etc just last years class) he would be 3rd WR taken behing green and jones and same thing except for next year he wouldd be behind woods and wilson

We arent talking about if he were in other drafts. He is in this draft dude, and he is the best WR in this draft. Still, have you seen him play?!?! Youre only retort is that he comes from a spread offense....hello....so does youre boy KWright.
Originally posted by Baugh_Area:
What I like about Hill, as opposed to a guy like Streeter, is it looks like Hill is a natural catcher of the ball. He will no doubt be overdrafted based on his college production, but I think Hill actually has a shot at living up to his big potential.

I agree. He seems like a kid that wants to work at getting better. He knows he's not the best at the route tree. But after the combine he's going back to GA to train with Terance Mathis on his routes/catching/etc.
  • sfout
  • Veteran

this wins, Mayock has been saying all morning that Streeter doesn't look 4.3 fast on the field, that he has a ton of work to do to get these #s to translate to on-field success.

Its working out mighty nicely that Hill was a late 2nd rounder before that 4.3 - A full round of stock improve would be nuts but he's run faster and had a better day catching then Randle, Sanu, and Jeffery chose not to work out so its very realistic that he's bumped to our range.
Nevermind....this is a Hill thread and its being hijacked.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran

well 95 % of college football is spread offense, its not his fault he tore it up in a spread offense

anyways, back to Stephen Hill
6'5 and 4.36 is crazy. When is he projected to go? Early 2nd?
[ Edited by ImaMod on Feb 26, 2012 at 10:20 AM ]

well 95 % of college football is spread offense, its not his fault he tore it up in a spread offense

Before the combine he was a 2nd-3rd. He may have moved himself up into the 1st-early 2nd now.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Travisty13:

Before the combine he was a 2nd-3rd. He may have moved himself up into the 1st-early 2nd now.

We are just in the right spot to take this kid. Can't wait till draft day.
I'm hoping that Tannehill has a really good combine and some team is willing to trade up to #30 to get him; then the 49ers turn two 2nd round draft picks into Fleener and Hill! That would give our offense the shot in the arm they need, two players 6'4" and 6'6" to convert on 3rd downs and are BIG RZ options.
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
I'm hoping that Tannehill has a really good combine and some team is willing to trade up to #30 to get him; then the 49ers turn two 2nd round draft picks into Fleener and Hill! That would give our offense the shot in the arm they need, two players 6'4" and 6'6" to convert on 3rd downs and are BIG RZ options.

wouldnt mind this one bit

washington would have to trade up someone early in 2nd round

but my first choise would be to trade up for wright
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:

actually Tannehill is already a top40 pick - what helps us the most in this scenario is that he didnt participate because some talking heads were saying that if he performed well enough to justify it, that the Dolphins would draft him at 9 or trade back a bit to get him.
Originally posted by Travisty13:

I agree. He seems like a kid that wants to work at getting better. He knows he's not the best at the route tree. But after the combine he's going back to GA to train with Terance Mathis on his routes/catching/etc.

i was hoping for Hill in the 2nd. I now think it's between Hill and Randle for 4-5 WRs. Both would warrant more double teams than Sanu and Streeter.
Share 49ersWebzone