There are 470 users in the forums
Stephen Hill, Georgia Tech, WR
Jan 6, 2012 at 8:29 PM
- SunDevilNiner79
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 61,659
wow, I forgot Demaryius Thomas was the first WR drafted in 2010, over Dez Bryant, lol. Denver really screwed up that draft....and Kyle Wilson or McCourty instead of using 2 late round picks on a CB.
Jan 6, 2012 at 8:45 PM
- Travisty13
- Veteran
- Posts: 5,269
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
wow, I forgot Demaryius Thomas was the first WR drafted in 2010, over Dez Bryant, lol. Denver really screwed up that draft....and Kyle Wilson or McCourty instead of using 2 late round picks on a CB.
Regardless of whatever WR they would have picked, they still would have had TeBlows "passing" to him.

I still think Thomas can be a really good WR if he can stay healthy and have an actually QB starting.
Jan 6, 2012 at 10:26 PM
- Kolohe
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 67,106
Hill declaring for the draft has to put a sore in Nick Toons, Jeff Fuller, Dwight Jones and Marvin McNutts stock. One of these guys has to fall in our lap.
Jan 6, 2012 at 10:27 PM
- 49ersalldaway126
- Veteran
- Posts: 14,549
out of those 3 i wouls like fuller he will be the best RZ threat
toon will be another possession WR so wouldnt mind having him either
toon will be another possession WR so wouldnt mind having him either
Jan 7, 2012 at 12:24 AM
- mkary12
- Veteran
- Posts: 99
This is why I'd be okay getting someone like Kendall Wright in the 1st. Draft a guy like this later.
Jan 7, 2012 at 12:27 AM
- mkary12
- Veteran
- Posts: 99
Although, nevermind, I don't think I'd want 2 receivers in the first 3 rounds. But it seems like WR is deep in this class, maybe we don't need one in the first.
Jan 7, 2012 at 12:38 AM
- 228niner
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,630
I think it all depends on free agency, but I can almost guarantee we will get a big body wr from somewhere, but I wouldn't be opposed to drafting a wr in the 1st and maybe 4th or 5th
Jan 7, 2012 at 7:22 AM
- tohara3
- Veteran
- Posts: 30,854
Really like this kid for the 49ers!
Jan 7, 2012 at 7:47 AM
- OtisDriftwood
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,146
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
wow, I forgot Demaryius Thomas was the first WR drafted in 2010, over Dez Bryant, lol. Denver really screwed up that draft....and Kyle Wilson or McCourty instead of using 2 late round picks on a CB.
I dont think they messed up Thomas is looking good considering his QB sucks at passing. I personally dont think there's a huge difference in Bryant and Thomas, Dez hasn't reach 1000 yards receiving yet, Im sure we all thought he would be doing that by now.
Jan 7, 2012 at 7:48 AM
- OtisDriftwood
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,146
Especially in a season where Miles Austin pretty much missed the entire season.
Jan 7, 2012 at 8:03 AM
- sfout
- Veteran
- Posts: 6,443
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
wow, I forgot Demaryius Thomas was the first WR drafted in 2010, over Dez Bryant, lol. Denver really screwed up that draft....and Kyle Wilson or McCourty instead of using 2 late round picks on a CB.
Wilson benefited from BSU's hype that year. He was and always will be a nickel CB - the jets were tools for thinking he'd be able to start.
Jan 7, 2012 at 10:14 AM
- TXNinerFan52
- Veteran
- Posts: 602
This is the first I've heard of Hill. From what I see on YouTube, I like him the best out of the second tier receivers in the draft. I like his size, ability to make the tough catches, and he looks like he has some YAC (yards after catch) ability too. Behind Hill I think I like Jeff Fuller from Texas A&M. I can't tell if Fuller has YAC ability because I see him is touchdowns, sidelines and curls. A&M use Fuller like we use Crabtree, Not often we put the ball in Crabtree's hand where he can make a play after he catches the ball.
Jan 7, 2012 at 10:19 AM
- FredFlintstone
- Veteran
- Posts: 46,741
Originally posted by sfout:the jets werent planning on him to ever start with revis and cromartie manning the 2 starting cb spots they just thought he he would be really good enough to lock up the slot wr since their defense blitzes a lot with man to man coverage. but anyways about this wr his size alone makes him an intriguing prospect and the fact he averages 29.3 yds per catch is worth the risk to take later on even though he played in the triple option offense. if he runs a 4.4 or a 4.5 dude is gonna make himself a very wanted man, especially coming from GT and every team other than the lions are looking and would love to have a possible calvin johnson 2.0
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
wow, I forgot Demaryius Thomas was the first WR drafted in 2010, over Dez Bryant, lol. Denver really screwed up that draft....and Kyle Wilson or McCourty instead of using 2 late round picks on a CB.
Wilson benefited from BSU's hype that year. He was and always will be a nickel CB - the jets were tools for thinking he'd be able to start.
Jan 8, 2012 at 12:58 AM
- JustinNiner
- Veteran
- Posts: 6,762
i like!