There are 150 users in the forums

Late round sleeper wrs.

[ Edited by 5280High on Feb 16, 2012 at 10:23 AM ]
Originally posted by 5280High:

I'd take Lavon Brazill over Jordan White any day.
Originally posted by Travisty13:

I like Brazill too, but I feel like Ginn will be resigned so his return value could be diminished. He also reminds me allot of Kyle Williams.

Jordan White is about the same size as Morgan, maybe a little less athletic but with better hands. He also has that tough aggressive style you want to see in a power based offense. White also returned punts for 3 years, and while he may not be a threat at least he will know enough to faircatch the ball cleanly like Ziggy did back in the Dingleberry days.

Depending on who gets brought in during FA or the 1st couple rounds of the draft, it could go either way. If the Niners grab a tall, finess longstrider to stretch the field I would prefer White to round out the receiving corps. If they go for someone agressive that likes to get into it with defenders like Sanu early in draft, then Brazill would be a better compliment with his speed and quickness.
Originally posted by 5280High:

I like Brazill too, but I feel like Ginn will be resigned so his return value could be diminished. He also reminds me allot of Kyle Williams.

Jordan White is about the same size as Morgan, maybe a little less athletic but with better hands. He also has that tough aggressive style you want to see in a power based offense. White also returned punts for 3 years, and while he may not be a threat at least he will know enough to faircatch the ball cleanly like Ziggy did back in the Dingleberry days.

Depending on who gets brought in during FA or the 1st couple rounds of the draft, it could go either way. If the Niners grab a tall, finess longstrider to stretch the field I would prefer White to round out the receiving corps. If they go for someone agressive that likes to get into it with defenders like Sanu early in draft, then Brazill would be a better compliment with his speed and quickness.
As a Purdue fan, I watched his huge game against them in the Little Caesar's Bowl, but I still didn't come away that impressed with White. He looks slow and him being only 6 ft. doesn't help his case. I'm tired of us having smallish/slow WRs. I want some guys with the "quick-twitch" element or some guys with size.
As a Purdue fan, I watched his huge game against them in the Little Caesar's Bowl, but I still didn't come away that impressed with White. He looks slow and him being only 6 ft. doesn't help his case. I'm tired of us having smallish/slow WRs. I want some guys with the "quick-twitch" element or some guys with size.

I agree with everything but the smallish description. He's the same height and 4 pounds lighter as Morgan when he came out, and Morgan has handled himself well. His tendancy to try and run around a jam is the big red flag besides his injuries IMO, but that seems coachable especially with his agressive attitude. He may have just learned at the college level he didnt need to bother with jams since they are less common and DBs were allot smaller, but with his work ethic and strength (he's yoked for 6'0) he should be able to overcome that.

Yeah, even after watching every video of him I could find there is nothing all that impressive about him except for the fact he somehow gets it done. Reminds me a bit of Hines Ward (even maybe a little of Arnaz Battle back in the day), who as a WR is really only spectacular in blocking ability but for years when the steelers needed a play... there Hines was making it for them.

Moving the chains on 3rd down is our biggest problem, whether its this guy or Brazill, it'd be nice to find a late rounder who has a knack for finding softspots in defense and catches everything in sight. Especially if we find a big long strider in FA or early rounds.
BJ Cunningham Michigan State

Dude played on a team that likes to ground-n-pound and put up a stat line of 79 catches 1306 yds and 12 TDs. He's the all time leading WR in MSU history and that includes Plaxico, Andre Rison, Charles Rogers (who dominated the NCAA). Seems undervalued to me by the draftniks.
Question
Why is joe Adams ranked higher then Jarius Wright?
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Question
Why is joe Adams ranked higher then Jarius Wright?

Probably because he could have major value in the return game.
I want Elvis Akpla Bad. Dudes game is similar to Hines Ward, But he is a more gifted athlete great hands, good speed, not afraid to take a hit or crack back and block. Quick off the LOS. Unselfish. Not flashy, throws the ball to the ref everytime he scores and heads to the sideline like hes been there before.

how come akpla didn't get invited to the combine?

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

FCS Level WR that got overlooked.

Alot of people will say he didnt play any competition, but he roasted Trumaine Johnson for 113 yards and a touchdown, and he is ranked by most in the second round i beleive..
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

Alot of people will say he didnt play any competition, but he roasted Trumaine Johnson for 113 yards and a touchdown, and he is ranked by most in the second round i beleive..

oh ok, he reminds me a lot of v.cruz
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

oh ok, he reminds me a lot of v.cruz

Dudes Gonna be a baller. Being i live in Northern Idaho i had a chance to watch alot of this guy. Hes gonna be the sleeper WR coming out this year. I really hope this team targets him in the later rounds or i could see seattle snagging him late or as an UDFA. I love a WR that has game and also lays DB's out. His Game is really well rounded and would be a great fit for this offense.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Nelson Rosario- UCLA - 6'5"- 219

Not much video on this guy, except for two sweet one handed catches. Small school, big guy. Worth a shot in the late rounds?
[ Edited by mike on Feb 27, 2012 at 1:00 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone