LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 214 users in the forums

Late round sleeper wrs.

Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by stonecold590:
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Trumaine Johnson has the second round grade, sfout, (the CB that he scorched) sorry for any confusion, didn't word that post greatly. I think he will be drafted by someone in the late rounds, but could also go undrafted. This Kid is getting soooo overlooked its crazy. I want him bad and would spend a pick o him to prevent him from going to seattle, who im sure has had a good look at the kid being hes a regional player.

word, i might have read it too fast. yea Carroll will definitely snap him up if he can.

I am a fan of Picking Elvis Akpla in the 7th or as an UDFA but i can tell you that he never burned Trumaine Johnson, They played 1 game against each other this past season and the Griz won 36-10 over Akplas' Bob Cats. Akpla was matched up for most of the game against CB Houston Roots or if he ran short routes across the middle one of the Griz LBs would pick him up. Trumaine Johnson only covered him if Elvis was lined up on the far Left side of the Field. Come the 4th Quarter the Griz played more zone so Johnson wasnt on him much at all at that point.
My point is that Akpla had a great game against Trumaine Johnson's team but not against Trumaine Johnson himself. plus losing 36-10 to the Griz in the process.

Thats Not Trumaine Getting scorched by Elvis at about the 1 minute mark? If Elvis had gone to a bigger school he would be being talked about as a top 3 WR in this draft.

elvis went to oregon before transferring out

I know, He was recruited out of Lincoln for his long jump skills. He actually ranked 15 in the nation i beleive in long jump, He also played basketball. But he redshirted at oregon, then the next year for whatever reason never saw the field. He is also very inteligent. Dude got overlooked at oregon.
  • sfout
  • Veteran

Elvis was a on a track scholarship, if im not mistaken he was a near all-american track athlete, Chip Kelly and him were talking about getting him on the football team but the athletic department wouldn't give him a scholarship, so if he were to play football he would lose his track scholarship, be a walk-on and forced to pay his way to a very expensive university for at least year before being offered a scholarship.

Because of this Elvis went to the closest school to his home state of Washington that would offer him a scholarship, it just happened to be an FCS school.
[ Edited by sfout on Feb 29, 2012 at 7:03 AM ]

Elvis was a on a track scholarship, if im not mistaken he was a near all-american track athlete, Chip Kelly and him were talking about getting him on the football team but the athletic department wouldn't give him a scholarship, so if he were to play football he would lose his track scholarship, be a walk-on and forced to pay his way to a very expensive university for at least year before being offered a scholarship.

Because of this Elvis went to the closest school to his home state of Washington that would offer him a scholarship, it just happened to be an FCS school.

i could be on board for picking this guy...49ers havent had a decent elvis since grbac

He #s would have ranked him 15 in the nation for high jump i beleive. Yes he was a track star. Dude is gonna be the steal of this draft if he is even drafted.
Share 49ersWebzone