There are 108 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Alshon Jeffrery, WR, South Carolina

• DRnSFw
  • Veteran
he looks slow
The 6-foot-4, 229-pound Jeffery had 49 catches for 762 yards and eight touchdowns this season. He is rated 25th overall and third among receivers, according to ESPN Scouts Inc.

"I'm ready for the next step. I'm physical and can make plays in the red zone. I can make big plays in big games. I can work on my speed and get quicker. I want to be like (NFL receivers) Larry Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson and Andre Johnson," Jeffery told ESPN.com Thursday.
If we draft him, he better start working out with Vernon.
DO NOT WANT
Originally posted by SF69ers:

on what? how to catch passes
Originally posted by Negrodamus:

no, to turn that fat into muscles

Vernon Davis was fat?
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:

Vernon Davis was fat?

No, but Alshon looks like he's got some chubbs to be a receiver. Working out with Vernon would turn that into muscle.
No, but Alshon looks like he's got some chubbs to be a receiver. Working out with Vernon would turn that into muscle.

One downside to him is that he has struggled with his weight. There are some older pics online where he looks like a linebacker...For him to move back into the first he needs to show up in great shape at the combine. I think it would even be fine if he ran a 4.55-4.6, as long as he was in shape. He has the talent to be a number 1, he just needs to put in the time in the weight room.
Originally posted by saniner:

One downside to him is that he has struggled with his weight. There are some older pics online where he looks like a linebacker...For him to move back into the first he needs to show up in great shape at the combine. I think it would even be fine if he ran a 4.55-4.6, as long as he was in shape. He has the talent to be a number 1, he just needs to put in the time in the weight room.

Wouldn't be too surprised if Alshon ran almost a 4.70 flat.
i'd take the kid from ND over this doot.
Id trade trade up this years 1st n 2nd and next years 2nd. Hes been a beast since a freshman going thru multiple QBs who all have sucked. IMO Hes the best player in the draft not named Luck.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Oof. I've heard he would have a slow time, but I just hope he can keep it at a 4.6. We'll see how he looks in a few months. Alshon is one guy I wouldn't mind getting in the first.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
i'd take the kid from ND over this doot.

Floyd will probably be a top 15 pick though, with Jeffery just outside the first as of now
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Bet he runs in the 4.4s maybe faster. This kid is alot faster than you think. Plus there isnt a WR who can out jump or has better hands than him. Plus he loves to block. He was USCs total offense before Lattimore whos insanely talented made any noise.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home