There are 93 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Need at WR - who are you drafting?

Need at WR - who are you drafting?

If he can retain most of his speed I'd love to grab Ryan Broyles at some point in this draft. The numbers speak for themselves...

349 rec, 4586 yds, 45 TDs
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,902
I think Ginn is gone. He took a pay cut this year, but the deal included him becoming a free agent. He will get some good offers.

So far, I like Joe Adams in the fourth as punt returner and a slot receiver.

Quick and Streeter interest me, but it is a bit early still. We will get more information on Quick this week.
Marvin Jones in the 2nd or 3rd(he's beasting at the senior bowl practices) and someone else in the 1st or 4th.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Marvin Jones in the 2nd or 3rd(he's beasting at the senior bowl practices) and someone else in the 1st or 4th.

there's no way Marvin Jones is a 2nd round pick, coming into the Senior Bowl he was more of a 5th rounder, if he he has a great week he may crack the 4th round, he would have to absolutely dominate this week to crack the end of the 3rd round.

6'2", 198, he would be a nice target in Day 3 as the second WR to pick in the draft. There are at least 15 WR's better than him in the draft though, and I'm a Cal fan
6'4" playmaker.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
6'4" playmaker.

Jeff Fuller would be your best bet

6'4" 1/8, 217 pounds, 34 1/8 arms, 9 3/8 hands, 81 wing span

gotta see how he continues to do at the Senior Bowl, his name hasn't jumped out at me when reading practice reports
[ Edited by vrabbit on Jan 24, 2012 at 10:08 PM ]
Alshon Jeffrey and Michael Egnew
@nfldraftscout: Liked what I saw from Brian Quick and Marvin Jones. Jeff Fuller on the other hand, was trash today. UDFA grade coming soon for him.

@WesBunting: #TexasA&M WR Jeff Fuller looked lean, cut up and with nearly 35 inch arms can really pluck off his frame #SeniorBowl

I continue to hear that Jeff Fuller lacks great burst, drops routine balls, and fails to get seperation in his routes.
Pick Fuller in the 6th round and watch him in training camp.
Originally posted by PTulini:
@nfldraftscout: Liked what I saw from Brian Quick and Marvin Jones. Jeff Fuller on the other hand, was trash today. UDFA grade coming soon for him.

@WesBunting: #TexasA&M WR Jeff Fuller looked lean, cut up and with nearly 35 inch arms can really pluck off his frame #SeniorBowl

I continue to hear that Jeff Fuller lacks great burst, drops routine balls, and fails to get seperation in his routes.

Fuller sounds a lot like a guy we already have on the roster
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Alshon Jeffrey and Michael Egnew

reading all sorts of bad stuff about Egnew too
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Alshon Jeffrey and Michael Egnew

reading all sorts of bad stuff about Egnew too

Maybe he just had a bad day, but Michael Egnew looks awful.

#Missouri TE Michael Egnew has been "blah" this week, no burst off the line or out of breaks

Missouri TE M. Egnew looked slow off the ball, was upright & stiff, lacked good athleticism & did not show speed to stretch the field.
The first lesson involved the technique of catching the football with the arms as far from the body as possible. The idea is for receivers to attack the ball at the first available window of space to keep the defender away from the ball, acquire control of the pass early, and build in a second chance to secure the ball if the initial attempt goes awry. --http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/01/24/at-senior-bowl-a-wide-receiver-graduate-seminar/

OH SO f**kING THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTH is wrong with our WRs who DON'T do this. ATTACK THE f**kING BALL!!!!!!!!!

So whoever we get, this need to be it.

Back to who:

1st
Floyd--May be too much to move up to snag. Bet Jed York is all over this guy to get picked since he's from ND.
Sanu--Seems like a very good WCO Split-end. Needs work with routes, but blocks very well.
Jeffery--Issues with weight attributing to speed, but has shown to make the difficult catch look easy.

2nd
Brian Quick--making noise at the Senior Bowl. Another Sanu type player perfect for WCO

3rd
Dwight Jones--making noise, but negatively. Not doing well at all from what I've read. Just can't separate.
Nick Toon--Off year in 2010, yet makes plays and comes from NFL pedigree with Al Toon being his Dad.

4th
Chris Givens--Mayock's #five compared to Mike Wallace of the Steelers. More of a Flanker, though.
Tommy Streeter--Another split-end with great hands, but not much experience, raw.

5th/6th
Gerrell Robinson--A great fit for a RZ target, inconsistent hands though.
Marvin Jones--Already played WCO for Tedford at Cal. Makes incredibly tough catches look spectacular and is a punt returner. The more I read about this kid the more I like. Reminds me of Morgan coming out of V-Tech.

So who?
I know I'll get blasted for this but we REALLY REALLY need some new blood at WR. Similar to drafting Iupati and Davis in one draft, I say let's go for broke on receivers. My dream would be as follows:

Round 1: Mo Sanu - WR Rutgers
Round 2: Coby Fleener - TE Stanford
Round 3: Joe Adams - WR/KR - Arkansas
Round 4: Best available Guard.

Let's continue to build thru the draft and save our money to re-sign our own free agents.
Originally posted by pete98146:
I know I'll get blasted for this but we REALLY REALLY need some new blood at WR. Similar to drafting Iupati and Davis in one draft, I say let's go for broke on receivers. My dream would be as follows:

Round 1: Mo Sanu - WR Rutgers
Round 2: Coby Fleener - TE Stanford
Round 3: Joe Adams - WR/KR - Arkansas
Round 4: Best available Guard.

Let's continue to build thru the draft and save our money to re-sign our own free agents.

That'd be pretty cool, but I'd be surprised if Fleener was still there at #62, especially after the seasons some TEs had in the NFL this year. Copycat league, you know