LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 199 users in the forums

Need at WR - who are you drafting?

Need at WR - who are you drafting?

I dont know much about college prospects, but are any of the current Stanford WR avail.? im assuming JH would know if he had a Gem in there or not perhaps take one of his old WR in the later rounds?
only a TE^

no big RZ WR worth getting
How about Oregon receiver Tuinei? He looks to get separation all over the field. he looks good in the Rose Bowl too. I havent heard much hype about him on the board though.
If we could I would get Michael Floyd. If not, then I like Dwight Jones, Jeff Fuller, Mohamed Sanu most.
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Thats true, thats why I dont understand why Mike Wallace who is 6 feet and ran a 4.3 fell to the 3rd round
To be honest, Wallace counteracts my argument b/c with 6-0 he is NOT much bigger than an usual CB. But 6-x and speed is rare...and thats what you are talking about, isnt it?

Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by Envy:
I do not disagree. We need some serious height in the red zone. I don't even care if he is that fast. I just want someone who can win in the air.
Thats why I wanted DeAndre Brown(?) from Southern Miss last draft.

Speed CAN kill, Size does kill. That's why I DONT want a small speedster in the first two rounds at all. Acc to walterfootball there is a 6-1 guy with sub-4.50 speed at Illinois, AJ Jenkins.
NFL Secondaries are fast enough usually but especially the CBs are relatively small.

who's currently a FA ....
Yeah, I know. At least, we could try him out in training camp.
Ive been following alshon jeffery for awhile and i would love to get him if he fell but if were going to trade up or a wr I would rather trade for floyd because we cant just draft a big wr and hope he will develop into megatron. Floyd reminds me of vjax and fitz and his stock is going to soar.
jeff fuller if a. jeffery and m. floyd are not available
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by jreff22:
If we aren't moving up Jeffery and Jones will be available, as of now it's Jones for me.

Floyd, Blackmon, and Wright will be gone before we can get them.

you really think Wright will go that early?

Yep.

If we lose Ginn, our whole draft dynamic changes, as we will need another speed WR. Williams has a known injury history and although showed some glimpses this year, I don't think I want him on the field all the time. I would add a guy like Jarius Wright or Joe Adams to replace Ginn.

I have serious worries about Jeffrey, but I trust our staff to make the right call. We'll see. The guys (expected to be available for us) qualifying as tall, red-zone receivers are:

Dwight Jones, North Carolina, 6-4 225
Brian Quick, Appalachian State, 6-4 216
Jeff Fuller, Texas A&M, 6-3 220
Juron Criner, Arizona, 6-4 215
Gerrell Robinson, Arizona State, 6-3 222
Greg Childs, Arkansas, 6-3 217
Alshon Jefferey, South Carolina, 6-4 229 *
Tommy Streeter, Miami, 6-4 215 *

I'm ok with taking Quick or Criner in later rounds, I'd be ok with Fuller later on too

also would be ok with taking T.Y. Hilton on day 3 should we need to replace Ginn

I'm higher on KW10 than you are, but I can see the concerns with injuries
First, I would trade for Floyd if possible. If not,I would take Jones first hands down, plus after Fuller's game the other day I think he has reentered the conversation for a round two pick if we go elsewhere in round one.
[ Edited by GorefullBore on Jan 2, 2012 at 6:37 PM ]
brian quick all the way!!! we can snag him in the 2nd round and this guy is freaking tall as s**t and he is elusive! he kind of reminds me of terrell owens (w/o the attitude of course). Lets spend our 1st round of a good cornerback or pass rusher
so I ask you again:

which one?

Painfully obvious that we need playmakers regardless of size

• dj43
so I ask you again:

which one?

Of course it depends on how he early picks go but I would not be opposed to even trading UP if Floyd were there in the late teens. Jefferey or Jones would be an acceptable alternate at #29.

I don't really care who it is but last night proved that is the biggest single need.
so I ask you again:

which one?

Mohamed Sanu or Dwight Jones
I think there are plenty of WR's worthy of the 30th overall pick and unless we pick a stud WR in FA this pick HAS GOT TO BE A WIDE RECEIVER
  • sfout
  • Veteran
I think there are plenty of WR's worthy of the 30th overall pick and unless we pick a stud WR in FA this pick HAS GOT TO BE A WIDE RECEIVER

Yea the last 2 games have made it beyond obvious that we will be drafting a WR first. When your #1 receiver in 2 playoff games is a TE with 300 yards and 4 TDs and you're RB is the #2 target you know you need WRs.

Vrabbit - I think its gotten so bad that drafting a WR at #30 and probably even round 4 or 5 plus signing someone in FA not necessarily Colston or VJAX but we legitimately need to look at potentially adding 2 or 3 bodies this off season. If we could re-sign Ginn then it really becomes 2 people but we should probably in no particular order have a WR group like - FA WR / Draft / Morgan / Crabtree / Ginn and possibly even a 6th receiver on top of that.
  • dj43
Originally posted by sfout:

Yea the last 2 games have made it beyond obvious that we will be drafting a WR first. When your #1 receiver in 2 playoff games is a TE with 300 yards and 4 TDs and you're RB is the #2 target you know you need WRs.

Vrabbit - I think its gotten so bad that drafting a WR at #30 and probably even round 4 or 5 plus signing someone in FA not necessarily Colston or VJAX but we legitimately need to look at potentially adding 2 or 3 bodies this off season. If we could re-sign Ginn then it really becomes 2 people but we should probably in no particular order have a WR group like - FA WR / Draft / Morgan / Crabtree / Ginn and possibly even a 6th receiver on top of that.

Colston is the key. IF (big IF) we could sign him (TALL), then a smaller fast receiver in the first round would be fine. At the present time, it is all speculation but he is the only FA that I see as providing a specific need. Getting him would not only strengthen the 49ers but weaken a conference opponent that the team will play again next season. Without Colston, drafting a tall guy is the major goal.
Share 49ersWebzone