There are 165 users in the forums

Need at WR - who are you drafting?

Need at WR - who are you drafting?

Originally posted by krizay:
I'd rather take one of these guys later in the draft if Floyd or Jefferey isn't there in round one without moving up.

Jeff Fuller
B.J. Cunninham
DeVeir Posey
Nick Toon

I like Nick Toon a lot. He's a little underrated because they run a lot at Wisconsin. But he's a good player when they get him the ball.
What do you guys think of Nelson Rosario from UCLA in the later rounds? Have heard him compared to Malcolm Floyd. Obviously talented and had a great senior year but overall seemed to suffer from average QB play. Thoughts?
Excellent post and responses!

We definitely need a big WR and hopefully we can get one in FA. I really like McNutt in the 2nd. We may either have to trade back to a high 2nd and get extra pick[s] or trade up to get him as I feel he'll be gone where we'll be slotted inn the 2nd.

There are always gems that fall through. Mike Wallace was a 3rd rounder and look at him now. I have real confidence in Baalke/JH to get someone.
very even poll thru 22 votes
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Trade up for Blackmon from OSU. He's a monster I'm pretty sure Rams are gonna draft him. He's 6'1 215 so hes not huge but he has decent size.
kinda reminds me of TO or Dez Bryant. I know he wont be there at #32 but I'd love to have him and Crabtree with Kyle Williams being our slot receiver.

[ Edited by ImaMod on Dec 31, 2011 at 3:50 PM ]
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
There are actually serious concerns about Childs' recovery from the injury. Right now, many scouts are projecting he will fall all the way to the 6th round. Sometimes crazy risk-taking teams will take fliers on players like this a little earlier, but unless Childs can prove his health, he could be looking at being selected at best around the 5th round. A flier team who feels they can afford the luxury of bombing on the pick could be willing to part with a 4th. Or.. if they're REALLY insane for Childs -- despite the bevy of talent among all the other extremely less risky players -- maybe even a late 3rd.

If its WR at 1st Rd. let's take his team mate Jarious Wright. Awesome route runner with good YAC. Kinda reminds me of Marvin Harrison.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Excellent post and responses!

We definitely need a big WR and hopefully we can get one in FA. I really like McNutt in the 2nd. We may either have to trade back to a high 2nd and get extra pick[s] or trade up to get him as I feel he'll be gone where we'll be slotted inn the 2nd.

There are always gems that fall through. Mike Wallace was a 3rd rounder and look at him now. I have real confidence in Baalke/JH to get someone.

Still couldn't believe Mike Wallace fell that far. 6-0 200 pound receivers that can run 4.33's don't grow on trees. Tack on his production in college and it was a shock he didn't at least go in the early 2nd. I gave Wallace a late 1st round grade. Steelers got a major steal. Same with Antonio Brown who I gave a 3rd round grade. I would dumbfounded that he made it to the 6th.

Right now I'm very interested in seeing what other underclassmen declare for this draft. There is not a heck of a lot of speed in this draft until the later rounds. Some 4th, but mostly 5th-7th round players have the major speed. Currently the only two players with track speed that are graded from the 1st-3rd tier are Kendall Wright and Joe Adams. Jarius Wright may get up there, and he's the fastest of this years crop so far (4.34 speed).

There is less "size" available among eligible underclassman that speed though, so our options aren't many.
I think we just need a tall guy, whether a wr or tight end, we just need some height, we will grab a wr in fa so we just need some height, our wr corp isnt that bad and crabtree is a #1 receiver in this leauge, just took time to develop
Originally posted by 228niner:
I think we just need a tall guy, whether a wr or tight end, we just need some height, we will grab a wr in fa so we just need some height, our wr corp isnt that bad and crabtree is a #1 receiver in this leauge, just took time to develop

my #1 guy sis floyd he is tall has great hops and fights for the bal

next for me is alshon jeffery hes 6 4 elite hands great body control and also great at jump ball

at 6 ft 4
Floyd isn't happening, he'll be gone before the 20th pick. Sanu should be available around where the 49ers will be picking and he's actually got pretty good size, he's strong, not super fast but can make tough catches and has experience in a pro-style offense.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Floyd isn't happening, he'll be gone before the 20th pick. Sanu should be available around where the 49ers will be picking and he's actually got pretty good size, he's strong, not super fast but can make tough catches and has experience in a pro-style offense.

hes staying in school i heard

otherwise we could get sanu hes legit
What about drafting a non-speedy playmaker with some size in the 1st and getting a fast guy on day 3? I'm still rooting for Floyd, don't care about his character.
Originally posted by communist:
What about drafting a non-speedy playmaker with some size in the 1st and getting a fast guy on day 3? I'm still rooting for Floyd, don't care about his character.

Yeah, he'd be nice....if he wasn't going to get drafted well before the 49ers pick. I could seriously the Cardinals drafting him.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 1, 2012 at 7:31 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Yeah, he'd be nice....if he wasn't going to get drafted well before the 49ers pick. I could seriously the Cardinals drafting him.

they already have fitz

they have needs at offensive line that theyd be dumb not to adress

they could also use a LB
I really don't like the idea of picking someone just because he's tall. Obviously if the ideal guy is there that's great but you have to pick the best talent.

Mike Wallace, Victor Cruz. They make up for it elsewhere.
Share 49ersWebzone