There are 154 users in the forums

Dwight Jones "Party Foul"

Ok this news is a little old, but I thought I would post anyway. I didn't see this posted, so I don't know how many of you ar familiar with this situation. To sum it up Dwight Jones had posted to facebook a flier with plans to throw himself a birthdday/New Years celebration. The flier which used Jones name and image in a UNC uniform to promote the party claimed to offer free admission to the "first 24 ladies" at the door, plus "24 free shots every hour on the hour" and a $500 cash giveaway for "some lucky ladies in the building," all courtesy of D. Jones. (Admission starts at $10, if you're interested, or $20 for VIP. Dress code is "sexxxy casual.") It also touts Jones as a "2012 NFL Projected Top Draft Pick." NCAA rules prohibit athletes from allowing their name or image to be used to promote an off-campus business or for-profit entity. Jones committed a secondary NCAA violation when he allowed his name and image to promote a birthday party in his honor on New Year's Eve. For this offense Dwight was suspended from the teams bowl game, a decision that was later overturned.

Now I have been a big Dwight Jones to the 49ers proponent. I think he is the type of player we need to draw attention away from Vernon and Crabs in the passing game. My question is what kind of impact do you think this may have on his draft stock? Me personally, I think that the whole thing is a little silly and not that big of a deal as long as Dwight isn't the time to party all the time, and can buckle down and get serious when it come to football on the next level.

Your take please:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Dwight-Jones-8217-8217-1st-annual-8217-bir?urn=ncaaf-wp11801
Another humble NFL WR....who knew?

Seriously, as long as the guy is not going around breaking the law, or causing friction with coaches or teammates, or not being prepared for football, then I don't care about the extracurricular.
would draft
Originally posted by jreff22:
would draft

this
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
would draft

this

he blew his draft status the other day in the bowl game. not impressed at all. seen mocks projecting him in the late 1st. doubt that happens
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
would draft

this

he blew his draft status the other day in the bowl game. not impressed at all. seen mocks projecting him in the late 1st. doubt that happens

He ended the game with 77 yards, and 1 TD.
His stats for the year are: 1196 receiving yards, and 12 receiving TDs.
all i'm going to say is that he is not worth a 1st.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
would draft

this

He had 3 or 4 legit drops in the bowl game. That's what Negro is talking about, I haven't watched a whole lot of Jones this year but I caught a game or two on top of the bowl game and he had some bad drops in 1 game I can think of. Not saying it would happen all the time but I'm really concerned about his hands right now. I wish I had watched more Iowa games to check out McNutt to compare him to Jones.

EDIT: there is no way Jones will be in the first round. Not with Blackmon, Floyd, Jeffery, Wright, Toon and Sanu all above him in terms polished skill and name recognition.
[ Edited by sfout on Dec 28, 2011 at 8:57 PM ]
Originally posted by sfout:
would draft

this

He had 3 or 4 legit drops in the bowl game. That's what Negro is talking about, I haven't watched a whole lot of Jones this year but I caught a game or two on top of the bowl game and he had some bad drops in 1 game I can think of. Not saying it would happen all the time but I'm really concerned about his hands right now. I wish I had watched more Iowa games to check out McNutt to compare him to Jones.

EDIT: there is no way Jones will be in the first round. Not with Blackmon, Floyd, Jeffery, Wright, Toon and Sanu all above him in terms polished skill and name recognition.

The skill is there, Crabs was known for good hands coming out and managed to drop or tip everything up to this year.
The skill is there, Crabs was known for good hands coming out and managed to drop or tip everything up to this year.

you do realize who his qb is in the pros is.

you do realize who his qb is in the pros is.

what does that have to do with him dropping balls that hit him in the hands?

when its fcuking thrown unreachable heights, tips generally do happen. you make it sound like a. rodgers, d. brees, t. brady, a. adlton, c. newton, throwing balls to crabs. qb accuracy does matter. not saying our te/wr haven't dropped passes but majority of the time its on the qb. we're headed into the playoffs. lets see if you enjoy the lack of accuracy. this isn't anything new which you should not know already.

when its fcuking thrown unreachable heights, tips generally do happen. you make it sound like a. rodgers, d. brees, t. brady, a. adlton, c. newton, throwing balls to crabs. qb accuracy does matter. not saying our te/wr haven't dropped passes but majority of the time its on the qb. we're headed into the playoffs. lets see if you enjoy the lack of accuracy. this isn't anything new which you should not know already.

his accuracy has been great this year, he's ranked 12th...better then Dalton and Newton

Pass Dropped
Rank Player Team Stats
1 Roddy White Atl 14
2 Jermichael Finley GB 11
3t Nate Burleson Det 9
3t DeSean Jackson Phi 9
5t Michael Crabtree SF 7
5t Victor Cruz NYG 7
5t Hakeem Nicks NYG
7 5t Steve Smith Car
7 9t Arrelious Benn TB 6
9t Vernon Davis SF 6
9t Early Doucet Ari 6
9t Brandon Gibson StL 6
9t Frank Gore SF 6
again what the stats does not show are the unreachable high throws. ouch 7 drops in a season compared to that of 3-4 in one bowl game. thanks. got it now. 1st round pick should be d. jones
again what the stats does not show are the unreachable high throws. ouch 7 drops in a season compared to that of 3-4 in one bowl game. thanks. got it now. 1st round pick should be d. jones

I can think of at least 3 dropped passes that would of been TD's this year....on the money passes.

1 game doesn't make or break a kid for me
REC YDS AVG LNG TD
85 1196 14.1 66 12

The season speaks for itself^^^, he finished 15th in receptions, 16th in yards, tied 7th for TD's in NCAA rankings....not bad
Share 49ersWebzone