There are 93 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The combined Sanu thread

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
i dont think he will be the instant #1 WR but at very least he will take attention of crabtree and morgan

next year he will be #1 though

I say number one because in my opinion I think Crabs was given every opportunity to take ownership of that number one role but couldn't. In fact his QB lost confidence in him, and so have I. Morgan for me is still our solid reliable #2 guy. But I see your point.
The guy is extremely talented. Playing in Rutgers where he was basically the only real threat at receiver, he still posted over 100 catches last year. Not to mention they used him to rush the ball and even throw a few times in his career at Rutgers. I'd take him at 30 for sure.
Originally posted by TommyFrazier:
His hands and athleticism are ridiculous. I think he will be better than Kenny Britt. Reminds me of Hakeem Nicks.

thats where he is drawing comparisions too kenny brit and nicks

scary thing is he has only been playing WR for 2 years now his upside is ridiculous

You said the magic words. a Hakeem Nicks type is exactly the type of receiver I want for this team. Kenny Britt wouldn't be bad either, but Nicks is a beast. Oh, and both of those examples were drafted in the range of where we will be picking, Nicks at 29 in 09 and Britt at 30 in 09.
I'm liking this guy the more I see of him
I'd take Sanu every day over Alshon Jeffery and twice on Sundays. Jeffery quite frankly looks a little round, a little slow, and will struggle against much faster and althletic NFL CBs.

Sanu is simply and athletic freak and is only going to get better.
If Sanu runs something close to what Nicks did, I'll be even more on board. It'll tell me he's bigger and faster than Nicks and just as capable of being a #1 WR. I actually like Sanu, I just want to know he'll bring us something that Crabtree and Morgan don't.

I reviewed footage of about 3 games of his and I think if he has a good combine, he will not be available at #30, and will wind up going in the top 25.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Feb 8, 2012 at 2:23 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
If Sanu runs something close to what Nicks did, I'll be even more on board. It'll tell me he's bigger and faster than Nicks and just as capable of being a #1 WR. I actually like Sanu, I just want to know he'll bring us something that Crabtree and Morgan don't.

I reviewed footage of about 3 games of his and I think if he has a good combine, he will not be available at #30, and will wind up going in the top 25.

If he's drafted before 30th that would be a great thing. I don't care for Sanu.
Originally posted by TXNinerFan52:

out of curiosity why not?

he has all the skill set an elite reciever posseses

he may not have the best size or speed but average at both however he has long arms big hands and attacks the ball at hte highest point
Five WRs in the top 25? Wow.

Blackmon, Floyd, Wright, Jeffery, Sanu
Originally posted by okdkid:

yup

no elite WR this year however lot of talent

next year has quote a bit of top end talent as well
Originally posted by okdkid:

yup

no elite WR this year however lot of talent

next year has quote a bit of top end talent as well

blackmon is gonna top 5 but he's not elite? lol
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

what does he do thats elite?

doesnt have elite speed doesnt have elite size doesnt have elite hands hes just has no weaknesses (except he played in spread formation)
if he came out last year he wouldve been 3rd WR taken
same with next years draft
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

what does he do thats elite?

doesnt have elite speed doesnt have elite size doesnt have elite hands hes just has no weaknesses (except he played in spread formation)
if he came out last year he wouldve been 3rd WR taken
same with next years draft

from what i saw of blackmon, he catches anything thrown in his area. he most certainly looked like the best WR in college this year to me.

as for sanu, i hear he has great work ethics and great character so that is a plus.

he may not have the best size or speed but average at both however he has long arms big hands and attacks the ball at hte highest point

Agreed. The more games you watch on Sanu, I trust one would be more and more impressed. That's what happened with me. He is extremely talented. He looks like an explosive possession receiver who can take the pass over the middle or on the slant and take it to the house like Rice did in the old days (although I'm obviously not matching him up with the likes of Jerry the GOAT).

My one major concern is his ability to stay healthy. He just strikes me as a guy who could get hurt a lot in the NFL, and the way he plays the game has a lot to do with that. I could just be being a worry wart though, as he never missed a game in college.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Feb 8, 2012 at 11:31 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Agreed. The more games you watch on Sanu, I trust one would be more and more impressed. That's what happened with me. He is extremely talented. He looks like an explosive possession receiver who can take the pass over the middle or on the slant and take it to the house like Rice did in the old days (although I'm obviously not matching him up with the likes of Jerry the GOAT).

My one major concern is his ability to stay healthy. He just strikes me as a guy who could get hurt a lot in the NFL, and the way he plays the game has a lot to do with that. I could just be being a worry wart though, as he never missed a game in college.

i still like floyd more but watching Sanu I was impressed...as he is under 6-2 if they took him id still like to see them go later with a taller wr, say stephon hill or tommy streeter, both being in the 6-5 range