LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 427 users in the forums

The combined Sanu thread

just looked ar sanu's avg yards per catch for his 3 yrs at rutgers, not that high 9.5, 12.5, 10.5 ---but he makes alot of catches and looks like he could be a chain mover which niners need for 3rd down conversions
Originally posted by hofer36:
just looked ar sanu's avg yards per catch for his 3 yrs at rutgers, not that high 9.5, 12.5, 10.5 ---but he makes alot of catches and looks like he could be a chain mover which niners need for 3rd down conversions

I'm sure special coverages were designed to contain him as best they could since, to my knowledge, he was the only real offensive weapon on that team.
Man, I really hope he falls to the 49ers. In the least he right away competes for that #1 WR spot.

make no mistake he is a playmaker

he has about half of all the rugers receptions and about 40% of recieving yards he is not a deep threat but great acceleration and good at the middle of the field great hands and is a RZ/jumpball threat
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by TXNinerFan52:
If he's drafted before 30th that would be a great thing. I don't care for Sanu.

out of curiosity why not?

he has all the skill set an elite reciever posseses

he may not have the best size or speed but average at both however he has long arms big hands and attacks the ball at hte highest point

I don't see what's so great about him. He donesn't look smooth to me. He doesn't have good hands, speed, and he doeesn't run well after the catch.

Just from watching his highlights, he catches a lot screen, bubble passes. If the CB lays off of him, they just throw him the ball at the line of scrimmage.
[ Edited by LottOfDefense on Feb 9, 2012 at 5:51 PM ]
not impressed
  • sfout
  • Veteran
I don't see what's so great about him. He donesn't look smooth to me. He doesn't have good hands, speed, and he doeesn't run well after the catch.

I'm half way through this single game clip and the bulk of his "bad" plays come from atrocious QB play and defenders making great plays on the ball. I'm not a big Sanu supporter but you really need to provide more then 1 "bad" saturday to give credence to your argument. Something I've noticed during this ONE game is that he did a good job turning into a DB on bad throws and stopping INTs.

Funny thing is that he still topped 100 receiving yards and had 3 decent punt returns and had another good 1 called back for a penalty.

After watching the whole thing it looks like he still had a good game and did his part, remember he plays for Rutgers, not exactly a a powerhouse program and I'm pretty sure he's had 2 or 3 different QBs throughout his time there.
When he first got to Rutgers wasn't he a RB? How many good receivers start out as running backs?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
When he first got to Rutgers wasn't he a RB? How many good receivers start out as running backs?

No he was a utility guy, similar to Percy Harvin, he threw, ran, caught passes, even punted a couple of times and also played defense.

Sanu doesn't appear to be fast nor quick.
Originally posted by valrod33:
not impressed

This.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by valrod33:
not impressed

This.

Need to watch more than one game. Trust me. I was unimpressed at first as well. Then I saw three more games and he grew on me. His team lost to a very good UConn team.
Guy sucks
I was on the Sanu bandwaggon very briefly, but Brian Quick has since moved ahead of him in my mind.
Share 49ersWebzone