There are 109 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Coby Fleener - TE Stanford

Originally posted by blacksailsmd:
Originally posted by Amir:
Fleener sucks. Let's just end this thread. kthanksbye

lol
Greg Olsen and Jeremy Shockey had nice seasons for Cam Newton. 1,000 yards and 9 TD's between them. That's washed up Jeremy Shockey not Vernon Davis too.

If Coby Fleener puts up 500 yards and 5 TDs like Olsen are you really going to complain? Whoever our 3rd receiver is this year he ain't putting that up. Naane actually kind resembles Delanie too although he's more of a receiver whose kind of like a tight end compared to a tight end whose more of a receiver.

Sure we don't have Steve Smith and if he was on the board of course that should be the pick but the percentage that "x" receiver = Steve Smith just isn't that great.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Apr 25, 2012 at 3:27 PM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Greg Olsen and Jeremy Shockey had nice seasons for Cam Newton. 1,000 yards and 9 TD's between them. That's washed up Jeremy Shockey not Vernon Davis too.

If Coby Fleener puts up 500 yards and 5 TDs like Olsen are you really going to complain? Whoever our 3rd receiver is this year he ain't putting that up.

but that kid could become a 1K WR the next year if he has the talent....Fleener will never eclipse Vernon
Originally posted by jreff22:

If Coby Fleener puts up 500 yards and 5 TDs like Olsen are you really going to complain? Whoever our 3rd receiver is this year he ain't putting that up.

but that kid could become a 1K WR the next year if he has the talent....Fleener will never eclipse Vernon

LOGIC!

Yeah and Rashaun Woods could have been a number 1 too.

I think every single Fleener supporter will say this. We're only on board with the pick if the other receivers on the board don't grade out.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Apr 25, 2012 at 3:31 PM ]
Originally posted by NickSh49:
LOGIC!

He doesn't have to be better than Vernon. Vernon was a top 5 pick. Elite talent.

The league has evolved to the point were you can have 2 Pro Bowl caliber tight ends. Nobody is saying let's pass on a #1 receiver for Fleener. You guys are making the assumption that we have Hill or whoever to graded out to be as a number one.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Apr 25, 2012 at 3:34 PM ]
LOGIC!

He doesn't have to be better than Vernon. Vernon was a top 5 pick. Elite talent.

The league has evolved to the point were you can have 2 Pro Bowl caliber tight ends. Nobody is saying let's pass on a #1 receiver for Fleener. You guys are making the assumption that we have Hill or whoever to graded out to be as a number one.

Again, I just don't think we NEED Coby Fleener. I think he's overvalued as a #1 pick. He is not the next GRONK or Jimmy Graham.

Give me a G/C that we cant have rotate on the offensive line for the next 10 years.

This, I've seen some of the most retarded logic imaginable on here, between people assuming that a WR automatically has #1 potential if he's drafted in the 1st round or over-valuing a 2nd string tight-end that basically has hung around because he happened to be on the roster at the time and is now somehow irreplaceable for the dozen or so catches he makes a year.
Again, I just don't think we NEED Coby Fleener. I think he's overvalued as a #1 pick. He is not the next GRONK or Jimmy Graham.

Give me a G/C that we cant have rotate on the offensive line for the next 10 years.

As opposed to a TE that can start for the next 10 years?????
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

they are better TE next year inclduing another guy from Stanford and Tyler Eifert

They are very different. I believe they would be the ideal compliments to each other. Davis is a very good blocker and has all that speed but doesn't run short to mid-range stuff very well. Fleener has good speed and runs the underneath stuff better but could also go deep.

Imagine a set with Crabtree and Manningham with Fleener and Davis. All four of them are legit receivers but while Crabtree and MM can be covered in a conventional way, how many teams have DBs with the speed and SIZE to cover Davis and Fleener?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

A second string TE who will never be better than Vernon Davis. Yes, I'd rather have a solid starter on the o-line to play a position of need (G or C) than a player that will not be on the field the entire game.

Phoenix, I'm starting to thing you ARE Coby Fleener.

And I'm going to the gym again.
LOGIC!

Its no different from assuming that Fleener would beat out Delanie for #2 TE. Fleener has a nice skill set but he is essentially a big wide reciever. In the long run there all prospects Fleener could be a bust just like Hill could be. At this point Fleener is the cleaner prospect but Hill has a higher ceiling it all depends on what a team is looking for. Personally we snatch either i would'nt be dissappointed heck we might not get either of them which would hurt my soul a lil bit lol.
Yeah and Rashaun Woods could have been a number 1 too.

I think every single Fleener supporter will say this. We're only on board with the pick if the other receivers on the board don't grade out.
I would take Kendall Wright or Blackmon over Fleener in a heartbeat. However drafting a WR just for the sake of drafting a WR is dumb if they aren't the best player on the board and won't be starting at all this year and at best might end up being another Crabtree. There's plenty of depth all over the draft with guys like Quick, Jones and McNutt who have tremendous potential as well.
Last day i have to see this thread.

Yes!

JUST SAY NO!

To Fleener