There are 183 users in the forums

Vontaze Burfict - Arizona State University

Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Edit:

By the way, those guys who thought Burfict was a 1st rounder. EAT SOME CROW! right now he might go undrafted, I mean his terrible numbers and attitude are pretty shocking!

As long as you join me

I eat way too much crow as is

Edit: I remember thinking Curtis Painter was a 1st rounder before his senior year
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Feb 27, 2012 at 5:55 PM ]
Originally posted by ads_2006:

Edit:

By the way, those guys who thought Burfict was a 1st rounder. EAT SOME CROW! right now he might go undrafted, I mean his terrible numbers and attitude are pretty shocking!

As long as you join me

He will get drafted... hell even Clarett got drafted. But I agree that no team is jumping at the bit to hand this kid a paycheck with more than 4 figures in it.
This guy will not go in the first two rounds. He is clearly not ready for the NFL mentally. Maybe a little Vince Young head case. What team would want him leading their defense??
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/8809085/nfl-playoffs-2013-vontaze-burfict-bum-rap

Vontaze Burfict, from top recruit in highschool to college All-American to potential 1st round pick to undrafted to leading tackler on Cincinnati. Pretty crazy story.

Honestly I think he needed to go undrafted to get hi head right, get humbled and motivated to put work in. He clearly never worked hard at ASU, I remember reading he never did any workouts during the summer. Erickson was the worse thing that happened to him because he got away with crap until it was too late.

Very happy for him to be having success. Despite being a headcase on the field at times, he never got in any trouble off the field and is a good kid. He is listed at 245lbs and I think he has lost about 30lbs since what he was at during his junior year, lol.

Fifth rookie ever to lead a team in tackles, and he was undrafted. Just remarkable by him.
i wish he was on our team. He would be a special team demon and the heir apparent to Larry Grant.
I knew we should of snatched this guy up
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
I knew we should of snatched this guy up

him and dennard from the patriots
  • titan
  • Veteran
He was good, but true colors will come out and will do something stupid!
A lot of people were giving me crap in the draft day thread when during the 7th round I was saying that i would love to get Burfict there. If he keeps his nose clean dude could have a bright future.
Originally posted by GameOver:
Went to high school with him, one of many Centennial kids over at ASU right now playing ball...that is all.

Yeah those Centennial kids are pretty good.

MLB Burfict
OLB Magee - also on baseball team, unfortunately out this year with injury. But he is a great player
OLB Lyons - backup for us, but gets a lot of playing time
RB Bass - flamed out due to ego
DT Sutton - starting for us this year, should be good but I'm not sold on the hype quite yet
QB Eubanks - Redshirt this year, he will face tough opposition to start, but he had an awesome high school career

And this year we already signed
DT Milo Jordan

Eubanks and Jordan went to HS with my sister but all the rest of em put together a strong squad the year we lost to De La Salle (2008). I was wondering what happened to Ryan Bass, I heard he transferred to like Idaho and then poof, didn't hear anything about him again. For that '08 team, he was arguably the best player on either side of the ball*...

And didn't Brandon Magee get drafted in MLB? What's word on Will Sutton? When I went back home my friend was kicking it with Matt Scott (UofA QB, another Centennial kid) and apparently Sutton's done some serious damage and is considered a top pick at the DT spot. Really? I'm happy for all of em

*Edit: Arguable between him and Vontaze really, MVPs for the O and D respectively
[ Edited by GameOver on Jan 3, 2013 at 11:20 PM ]

Originally posted by GameOver:
Eubanks and Jordan went to HS with my sister but all the rest of em put together a strong squad the year we lost to De La Salle (2008). I was wondering what happened to Ryan Bass, I heard he transferred to like Idaho and then poof, didn't hear anything about him again. For that '08 team, he was arguably the best player on either side of the ball*...

And didn't Brandon Magee get drafted in MLB? What's word on Will Sutton? When I went back home my friend was kicking it with Matt Scott (UofA QB, another Centennial kid) and apparently Sutton's done some serious damage and is considered a top pick at the DT spot. Really? I'm happy for all of em

*Edit: Arguable between him and Vontaze really, MVPs for the O and D respectively

Ryan Bass - I believe him and Cameron Marshall were freshman at the time competing for backup duties. Ryan Bass kept fumbling the ball everytime he was in the game, he must have had 5 fumbles on 20 carries. So Cameron Marshall got more touches and Ryan Bass got pissed off at the college staff. Basically Ryan Bass became a head case with a super sized ego. ASU fans weren't sad to see him go, if you fumble like that and have a huge ego, there is a problem. He did nothing at Idaho....he should have stayed at ASU and humbled himself.

Magee - Yeah he was drafted by the Red Sox and will be competing to be a late round NFL draft pick UDFA. No word on which sport he is going to choose.

Will Sutton - no word yet if he is leaving for the NFL. He won PAC-12 defensive player of the year so I'd assume he is going to the NFL

Oh, and after the UA-ASU rivalry game, ASU fans consider Matt Scott an honorary Sun Devil (he turned over the ball plenty of times to us).
  • titan
  • Veteran
Mayock kissing Burficts azz after bad mouthing and bashing him before the draft! These so called experts are funny!
Originally posted by modninerfan:
His name screams bust... no way you can be successful with a name like that.

yeah I judge players by their name. Peyton Manning, Patrick Willis, Ray Lewis, Jerry Rice all have great football names.

guys that dont have great football names? Kentwan Balmer, Jim Druckenmiller, Gio Carmazzi, Tim Couch

Genius logic, winner talk, just preach it hallelujah!!!
Share 49ersWebzone