LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 251 users in the forums

Vontaze Burfict - Arizona State University

http://www.youtube.com/user/JediASU#p/u/7/KthjpU3ZshA

His best play I've seen
I dunno. He is a free lancer and has huge charcter and work ethic issues. But he is a very good player
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
http://www.youtube.com/user/JediASU#p/u/7/KthjpU3ZshA

His best play I've seen

Hahahaha He even helped Barkley up
College football's version of Nuke LaLoosh.

Million dollar talent but a 10 cent head. Another ridiculous late hit out of bounds against Oregon on Saturday night.
What a dissapointing year this guy had!

Vontaze Burfict, LB, Arizona State*: Possibly no player has dropped down draft boards faster this season than Burfict. He entered the campaign ranked as a potential top five pick, but his immaturity has cost him at least half a round, if not more. He's been consistently flagged for unsportsmanlike penalties, and it has cost his team dearly. Scouts say Burfict shows little in the way of controlling his temper, which has NFL decision-makers concerned.
[ Edited by 9ERFANINAZ on Dec 1, 2011 at 2:30 PM ]
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Last week he committed yet another personal foul. Erickson pulled him out of the game for a series, rightfully so. When Erickson told him to get back in there, Burfict refused. He chose to sit out the rest of the game.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Last week he committed yet another personal foul. Erickson pulled him out of the game for a series, rightfully so. When Erickson told him to get back in there, Burfict refused. He chose to sit out the rest of the game.

Wow...what a shame
Originally posted by okdkid:

I tried to tell you he was over hyped. You said he was a lock to be a top 15 pick, but I just never saw that when I watched him play. He had great natural athleticism and is a missile towards the ball carrier. But he was always a dumb player who wasn't technically sound and wasn't fully committed to becoming the best player he could.
  • dj43
Guess he wasn't Burfict after all...
Originally posted by dj43:
Guess he wasn't Burfict after all...

Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Great prospect, wrong position. If he was an OLB, it would be a different story.

agree. could be a beast if he finds his way ala brooks
Michael (Portsmouth VA)Do you see Burfiut slipping into the 2nd round

Mel Kiper (1:12 PM)
No. I think he's a first. The NFL M.O. now, the aggressive players like Burfict, who get penalties for personal fouls, how many are you going to get in the NFL? You can get away with a lot more in college. I don't know how the 1985 Bears would survive in this NFL. Or the Steel Curtain. The Purple People Eaters. Those guys would get fined and suspended all of the time. Burfict is going to have to learn how to tackle and finish plays and not go over the top with his aggressiveness. He has to learn to play a smarter game.

He's a mid to last first rounder.

Could be BPA when we pick. would not mind
Originally posted by ads_2006:

No. I think he's a first. The NFL M.O. now, the aggressive players like Burfict, who get penalties for personal fouls, how many are you going to get in the NFL? You can get away with a lot more in college. I don't know how the 1985 Bears would survive in this NFL. Or the Steel Curtain. The Purple People Eaters. Those guys would get fined and suspended all of the time. Burfict is going to have to learn how to tackle and finish plays and not go over the top with his aggressiveness. He has to learn to play a smarter game.

and exactly WHY would we pick an ILB?
Originally posted by vrabbit:

and exactly WHY would we pick an ILB?

for depth at LB. Could possibly try him at OLB.

again, I'm saying BPA. Not looking at need
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
for depth at LB. Could possibly try him at OLB.

again, I'm saying BPA. Not looking at need

For us, it wouldn't be a fit in the first round. He has never been a pass rusher, so taking him in the first with the hopes of converting him wouldn't be ideal. Especially with so many areas of need on the roster.

I do think a team will end up taking him around pick 15 or so. If you think your locker room is elite, then the risk of drafting Burfict goes way down. He is one of the most physically gifted LBs we've seen in some time. I can see him going to the Eagles.
Share 49ersWebzone