There are 201 users in the forums

Vontaze Burfict - Arizona State University

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXrFBLjJM50
[ Edited by 9ERFANINAZ on Sep 8, 2011 at 10:19 AM ]
As far as him being in a 9er uniform next season, I don't see where he fits since we would have to spend a high pick in order to get him
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Easily the best LB in college football. Go ASU!
  • mod
  • Veteran
His name screams bust... no way you can be successful with a name like that.

yeah I judge players by their name. Peyton Manning, Patrick Willis, Ray Lewis, Jerry Rice all have great football names.

guys that dont have great football names? Kentwan Balmer, Jim Druckenmiller, Gio Carmazzi, Tim Couch
At 1:00 he looks like a Willis clone .
Originally posted by modninerfan:

yeah I judge players by their name. Peyton Manning, Patrick Willis, Ray Lewis, Jerry Rice all have great football names.

guys that dont have great football names? Kentwan Balmer, Jim Druckenmiller, Gio Carmazzi, Tim Couch

What about polumalu or Hiloti Nagta of the ravens? ( I have no clue in hell how to spell them lol.)
He is a beast and has natural talent that is unbelievable.

But he might struggle in the NFL. His work ethic has been sub par, this summer was the first time he participated in work outs. He stated it was his first time because when he played at Wisconsin he realized how strong lineman would be at the NFL level.

And teams will stay away due to his personality. He doesn't talk to the media, and he still has to prove he has control of his emotions to not draw excessive penalties.

He is out of position at times but at the college level he makes up for it becuase he is so physically gifted. That won't work out as well in the NFL.

He likes to go at lineman to run them over, which works in college, but it won't in the NFL. His run instincts are top notch, I wouldn't hesitate to say he is the best run-stopping LB in College. He is so good at sliding into his gap and accellerating unbelievably fast to close. But coverage needs to improve a lot as well as his blitzing. Yeah he got 3 sacks in week1, but that was against UC-Davis (and a true frosh LT, lol).

I'm curious how he will time in the 40. I would guess 4.45.

IMO he is a late first rounder (15-25) unless he shows improved coverage and keeps his behavior in line. Then probably picked 10-15.

Sheesh, I could of done that.

I said it, Tebow is overrated. Said Stafford was overrated as well as Leinart.

Was wrong on Alex so far.

Had to interject Ben Roethlesbe rger is not a football name cmon man.lol jus sayin
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
He is a beast and has natural talent that is unbelievable.

But he might struggle in the NFL. His work ethic has been sub par, this summer was the first time he participated in work outs. He stated it was his first time because when he played at Wisconsin he realized how strong lineman would be at the NFL level.

And teams will stay away due to his personality. He doesn't talk to the media, and he still has to prove he has control of his emotions to not draw excessive penalties.

He is out of position at times but at the college level he makes up for it becuase he is so physically gifted. That won't work out as well in the NFL.

He likes to go at lineman to run them over, which works in college, but it won't in the NFL. His run instincts are top notch, I wouldn't hesitate to say he is the best run-stopping LB in College. He is so good at sliding into his gap and accellerating unbelievably fast to close. But coverage needs to improve a lot as well as his blitzing. Yeah he got 3 sacks in week1, but that was against UC-Davis (and a true frosh LT, lol).

I'm curious how he will time in the 40. I would guess 4.45.

IMO he is a late first rounder (15-25) unless he shows improved coverage and keeps his behavior in line. Then probably picked 10-15.

I'm an ASU guy, like you. And I readily admit to being biased. But there is no way he drops past 15 on account of his work ethic or attitude.

If I'm a coach... I'm looking at him as one of the most physically gifted LBs to come out of college in years. And if any position needs nastiness, it's a linebacker. Besides, he has never had trouble outside of the locker room.

If I had any shred of confidence in my locker room, I'm taking him in a heartbeat. No way he acts a fool surrounded by a couple pro bowl players. The vets will keep him in check.

• mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JerseyNiner:

Had to interject Ben Roethlesbe rger is not a football name cmon man.lol jus sayin

You got me there I'll admit... and for those who suggested any Pacific names... those dont count, they are automatically cool.

A good football name doesnt guarantee success, but a bad football name doesnt bode well.
  • mod
  • Veteran
finally got to watch the video... good god! he just blows through the line.
Although he is a physically gifted LB, he does have huge question marks. I have seen him multiple times get late hit calls or unsportsmanlike penalties at crucial times. He also got in a fight with his own teammate this offseason who was 50 pounds lighter than him. This was right after his coach, Dennis Erickson praised how much he has matured.

With that said, he is the best ILB in college right now. If he can go to a stable locker room that has a lot of leaders I think this guy be huge at the nfl level
[ Edited by asu49ers on Sep 8, 2011 at 6:08 PM ]

[ Edited by 9ERFANINAZ on Sep 9, 2011 at 1:22 PM ]
I remember this kid destroying De La Salle in the state championship game a few years ago and then ditching USC for ASU so he can play his freshman year LOL. USC Fans were pissed.
Sideline to Sideline speed. I remember some commentators joking about him being NFL ready his freshman year.... Well I think it was suppose to be a joke but it was probably true.
[ Edited by schmons on Sep 9, 2011 at 1:32 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone