There are 157 users in the forums

Vontaze Burfict - Arizona State University

Went to high school with him, one of many Centennial kids over at ASU right now playing ball...that is all.
i too want him on the 49ers but i keep hearing he is a headcase.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GameOver:
Went to high school with him, one of many Centennial kids over at ASU right now playing ball...that is all.

and.... what say you?
Originally posted by GameOver:

Yeah those Centennial kids are pretty good.

MLB Burfict
OLB Magee - also on baseball team, unfortunately out this year with injury. But he is a great player
OLB Lyons - backup for us, but gets a lot of playing time
RB Bass - flamed out due to ego
DT Sutton - starting for us this year, should be good but I'm not sold on the hype quite yet
QB Eubanks - Redshirt this year, he will face tough opposition to start, but he had an awesome high school career

And this year we already signed
DT Milo Jordan
Vontaze is a beast, My top rated ILB on my early positional rankings.
Looks fast and can hit
Undiciplined free-lancer that keeps missing tackles (watching Mizzou game now).....Hmmm., NO THANKS, I'LL PASS !
ya i see alot of him just watching the play too instead of pursuing. dont want, especially in the first
Originally posted by modninerfan:
His name screams bust... no way you can be successful with a name like that.

yeah I judge players by their name. Peyton Manning, Patrick Willis, Ray Lewis, Jerry Rice all have great football names.

guys that dont have great football names? Kentwan Balmer, Jim Druckenmiller, Gio Carmazzi, Tim Couch

Might be the stupidest post I've read.
This guy doesn't look that good.

• okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:

What?

Missouri certainly was his worst game, and that was still better than just about every LB. The dude is a game changer. Easily a top 15 pick.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by lamontb:

What?

Missouri certainly was his worst game, and that was still better than just about every LB. The dude is a game changer. Easily a top 15 pick.

I don't think he is easily a top 15 pick. He still has a lot of room of improvement.

Athletically he is a BEAST. But it takes a lot more of that to make it in the NFL. He has to learn how to do pass coverage better and wrap up instead of going for the highlight hit.
Great prospect, wrong position. If he was an OLB, it would be a different story.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Great prospect, wrong position. If he was an OLB, it would be a different story.

idk if we should look OLB if Brooks keeps his skils up, and Haralson is finally showing up. We would need a 4th one, maybe a 4th rd guy.

Im more looking at CB, NT and maybe WR, other spots would be RG and FS. Im not sold on Goldson or Madieu. I wanna see Reggie Smith given a shot, he can cover, former college CB, I would say let Spencer go, keep Brown, Rogers, maybe Smith at CB, Culliver, let Brock compete, and draft a stud CB in rd 1 or 2.

A guy(s) i like at G are Bama's Barrett Jones and Iowa State's Kenechi Osemele.
Originally posted by 9ERFANINAZ:

Share 49ersWebzone