LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 261 users in the forums

Name your top-5 WR's to watch this season looking at the 2012 NFL Draft

I think your top 5 are about right. i would love to get a top CB in round 1 and Broyles in round 2. He's not a prottype west coast reciever size wise but he has elite hands
Keenan Allen the wide receiver from Cal is only a true sophomore (not eligible, unless he's a RS which I'm not sure of), but he is looking like a future first round pick. Great length, hands, and separation. He reminds me of a poor man's AJ Green. While not quite as skilled as a route runner just yet he has superior body control and quickness for a player of his length. He is precisely the type of wide receiver we are lacking on this team.

He's got over 600 yards receiving and 5 td's on the season so far. He's also the half brother of Cal's quarterback Zach Maynard so you know he comes from a good gene pool.

[ Edited by 49oz2superbowl on Oct 13, 2011 at 10:18 PM ]
Can't have this thread without mentioning AJ Jenkins of Illinois.

In his first two Big Ten games this year Jenkins has...

12 catches, 268 yds, 3 TDs vs Northwestern
6 catches, 182 yds, 2 TDs vs Indiana.

Robert Woods USC is the best WR in the nation. Only a sophomore though.

Stephen Hill from Georgia Tech is interesting as a pro prospect. 6-5, 206 lbs and fast.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Can't have this thread without mentioning AJ Jenkins of Illinois.

In his first two Big Ten games this year Jenkins has...

12 catches, 268 yds, 3 TDs vs Northwestern
6 catches, 182 yds, 2 TDs vs Indiana.

Robert Woods USC is the best WR in the nation. Only a sophomore though.

Stephen Hill from Georgia Tech is interesting as a pro prospect. 6-5, 206 lbs and fast.

good call on AJ, has been playing lights out and definitely getting folks attention and moving up big boards

Woods, Allen, and even Wilson (WSU) may be some of the best sophomores in the nation.

Hill is good but IMO should go back for his senior season, needs to produce for a longer period of time
[ Edited by vrabbit on Oct 14, 2011 at 7:41 PM ]
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
Keenan Allen the wide receiver from Cal is only a true sophomore (not eligible, unless he's a RS which I'm not sure of), but he is looking like a future first round pick. Great length, hands, and separation. He reminds me of a poor man's AJ Green. While not quite as skilled as a route runner just yet he has superior body control and quickness for a player of his length. He is precisely the type of wide receiver we are lacking on this team.

He's got over 600 yards receiving and 5 td's on the season so far. He's also the half brother of Cal's quarterback Zach Maynard so you know he comes from a good gene pool.

hes gonna be a great WR and he is perfectly built for the WCO
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

I want Keenan Allen in a niner jersey but we probably wont look at him because hes from a local college
Ryan Swope is gonna be a better pro than Jeff Fuller. Book it.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

I want Keenan Allen in a niner jersey but we probably wont look at him because hes from a local college

thats with mccoughlan as the GM
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I know some people might be disappointed, but I believe this WR class is vastly overrated. It is filled with a lot of big and fairly slow wideouts, who have red zone ability, but a lack of explosiveness outside the red zone. I am actually higher on some of the smurfish WR's than the tall trees. But, if you put a gun to my head:

1) Blackmon
2) Jones
3) Jeffery
4) Smith
5) Joe Adams- This guy may end up being the best of all of them. I know he has another WR across from him making big plays, in Greg Childs, but Adams is a threat to score at all times.

I meant Wright at number 4, not Smith.

To me, I am still fixated on the idea of Peter Konz playing center for the team over the next decade. I see Pro-Bowl in him.

I know some people might be disappointed, but I believe this WR class is vastly overrated. It is filled with a lot of big and fairly slow wideouts, who have red zone ability, but a lack of explosiveness outside the red zone. I am actually higher on some of the smurfish WR's than the tall trees. But, if you put a gun to my head:

1) Blackmon
2) Jones
3) Jeffery
4) Smith
5) Joe Adams- This guy may end up being the best of all of them. I know he has another WR across from him making big plays, in Greg Childs, but Adams is a threat to score at all times.

To me, I am still fixated on the idea of Peter Konz playing center for the team over the next decade. I see Pro-Bowl in him.

Two players whose values have fallen over the season - Greg Childs, and Jeff Fuller.

Right now, the best fits I see for the 49ers include Nick Toon (a good receiver who is STRONG in the blocking game) and Dwight Jones.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

1) Blackmon
2) Jones
3) Jeffery
4) Smith

Two players whose values have fallen over the season - Greg Childs, and Jeff Fuller.

Right now, the best fits I see for the 49ers include Nick Toon (a good receiver who is STRONG in the blocking game) and Dwight Jones.

id take jones

we dont need a quick shify wideout

we need a bigger potential number 1 wideout who can go out and get the ball and be a threat every play

dwight jones is tall has decent speed and good hands i hope we get him
  • VDSF
  • Veteran

you know when I say JB is like a TO in Nicks body? he just had a TO moment

runs a GREAT route, putting a double move on the CB, then Weeden hits him right on the hands with 10 yards from the EZ with nobody even near him and he drops it
makes up for it with a TD catch on a slant, he may end up having a big day this CB can't hang with him
Share 49ersWebzone