There are 254 users in the forums

Name your top-5 WR's to watch this season looking at the 2012 NFL Draft

I think this year we need to get a physical freak of nature at the WR position. him, bray, crabs would make a solid core. I am hoping we could get alshon jeffery or michael floyd.
Originally posted by spizzy:
Jermaine Kearse from Washington is a sleeper

Dude drops so many passes though
Originally posted by vrabbit:
MD regardless of whether we pick one or not, who are your top 5 WR's so far?

I know some people might be disappointed, but I believe this WR class is vastly overrated. It is filled with a lot of big and fairly slow wideouts, who have red zone ability, but a lack of explosiveness outside the red zone. I am actually higher on some of the smurfish WR's than the tall trees. But, if you put a gun to my head:

1) Blackmon
2) Jones
3) Jeffery
4) Smith
5) Joe Adams- This guy may end up being the best of all of them. I know he has another WR across from him making big plays, in Greg Childs, but Adams is a threat to score at all times.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by spizzy:
Jermaine Kearse from Washington is a sleeper

Dude drops so many passes though

Yeah thats something he can work on. He has nice size/speed and is one of the best receivers ive seen adjusting to poor throws and tracking down balls
im tired of drafting support players

we already have crabtree and morgan who are great support WR but neither are #1 WR

braylon edwards is probally that guy but if he doesnt resign with us i would really like to take blackmon jeffery or floyd
Jarius Wright is so good. Dude reminds me of Desean Jackson a little bit.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

I know some people might be disappointed, but I believe this WR class is vastly overrated. It is filled with a lot of big and fairly slow wideouts, who have red zone ability, but a lack of explosiveness outside the red zone. I am actually higher on some of the smurfish WR's than the tall trees. But, if you put a gun to my head:

1) Blackmon
2) Jones
3) Jeffery
4) Smith
5) Joe Adams- This guy may end up being the best of all of them. I know he has another WR across from him making big plays, in Greg Childs, but Adams is a threat to score at all times.

Originally posted by mtminer:

1) Blackmon
2) Jones
3) Jeffery
4) Smith

Originally posted by WillistheWall:

1) Blackmon
2) Jones
3) Jeffery
4) Smith

Dwight Jones, UNC. No mention of a Smith in this thread though. And none come to my mind
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

1) Blackmon
2) Jones
3) Jeffery
4) Smith

Dwight Jones, UNC. No mention of a Smith in this thread though. And none come to my mind

Dang I forgot all about Jones, it's funny because I actually know who he is. 6'4'' with pretty good athleticism and hands. Reminds me of a slightly bigger Hakeem Nicks. I want to know what MD thinks of Jarius Wright, and I think Kendall Wright is the guy from Baylor. Both are speedsters who can take the top off a defense. I'm a big fan of both of them. Jeff Fuller reminds me of Roy Williams. I haven't seen enough of Joe Adams to comment on him too much, I believe he had a good game today but whenever I watch Arkansas the guy who stands out to me is Wright and somewhat Childs, although he was way better before the injury. This WR class's main strength is its depth IMO. Sure there's not a Calvin Johnson or Andre Johnson, but I think a lot of these guys will be starters down the road.

A guy I have my eye on is Rishard Matthews of Nevada. 6-2, 215 lbs.

He is a sleeper for sure IMO.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
A guy I have my eye on is Rishard Matthews of Nevada. 6-2, 215 lbs.

He is a sleeper for sure IMO.

I would love to hear/read more about some sleeper players from schools that aren't top 25. I used to be really good about finding out about these guys but for some reason I've had a harder time seeing and watching these guys play.
  • titan
  • Veteran

1) Blackmon
2) Jones
3) Jeffery
4) Smith

Adams reminds me of Desean Jackson!
Personally I'm a fan of Nick Toon.
Originally posted by jreff22:
really curious to see what Floyd runs

but I don't want a WR in the first, would rather take a CB

Crabtree is still missing camps, Braylon is on a one year and is injured, and morgan broke his ankle, Ginn has one year left and he's a better return man. I'm calling for a wr in the first!!! Get me the next jerry rice!

I like any one of these kids, i like that guy from arkansa, he's small but i think his routes are crisp, an out and up was sweet to see if he got the ball on target it would have been a td!
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Oct 10, 2011 at 10:23 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone