Originally posted by titan:
1. Childs
2.Blackmon
3.Broyles
4.Jeffery
5.Floyd
6.Hamilton-Childs team mate

you've GOT to be an Arkansas fan
Alshon Jeffery is unbelievable. He was just a Sophmore. So a Junior this year. He could easily top the list. As others said I would keep an eye on Nick Toon from Wisconsin. A pretty good player in an offense not generally known for passing.
sleeper---norman white of villanova
Originally posted by vrabbit:
OTC, interesting that Broyles isn't in your top 5, can you expand your thoughts on that?

Just a personal opinion on him -- he reminds me of Mark Clayton. I think his statistics are a little inflated, however, he is no doubt a tremendous receiver. He does not possess the imposing physical attributes like the others above him, and I do not see him as a possible immediate #1, thus the lower grade.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Just a personal opinion on him -- he reminds me of Mark Clayton. I think his statistics are a little inflated, however, he is no doubt a tremendous receiver. He does not possess the imposing physical attributes like the others above him, and I do not see him as a possible immediate #1, thus the lower grade.

I agree. I've never understood the love and hype surrounding Broyles. I don't even have him as a top 7 WR prospect.

Yes he's been productive, but he lacks the suddenness, speed, and size required of a number one wr. I also envision him being injury prone at the NFL level (much in the same way as Mark Clayton).
[ Edited by 49oz2superbowl on Aug 25, 2011 at 6:19 PM ]
Would love to see Alshon Jefferey in a 49ers uniform
Originally posted by tohara3:

I like our WRs a lot but Jeffery in a 49ers uniform would be wonderful.
[ Edited by Vasco49er on Aug 28, 2011 at 11:38 AM ]
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:

I agree. I've never understood the love and hype surrounding Broyles. I don't even have him as a top 7 WR prospect.

Yes he's been productive, but he lacks the suddenness, speed, and size required of a number one wr. I also envision him being injury prone at the NFL level (much in the same way as Mark Clayton).

He may lack size or breakaway speed, but he's very quick. I see him as a Steve Smith (NYG/PHI) type of player if he meets his potential. Mark Clayton played well in the right system (he was doing great in St. Louis before injury), so Broyles I think is going to need to end up in the right place to have success if he goes the Mark Clayton route, more than the Steve Smith route.
Jeffery is not gonna have the numbers Blackmon's gonna have if Garcia doesn't get his s**t together he's still the most intriguing talent at WR though. At 6'4" 229 he SCREAMS Megatron to me

This year's WR class will be absolutely INSANE in terms of the talent-load. I see close to 10 potential first round talents, based on possible risers.

One guy who you definitely want to keep an eye on is North Carolina's Dwight Jones. He's 6-4 225 and clocks around 4.53. Last year he finished with 62 catches for 946 yards and 4 TDs. leading the team in receiving. He's off to a good start so far. In his first game he had 116 yards and 2 TDs.
Originally posted by Vasco49er:

If we had even an average QB, our passing attack would be dominant (as long as the OL played decent). If we don't keep Braylon, I think we'll draft a WR early. Even if we don't hang on to Edwards, we still have a shot at a VERY good WR within the first three rounds. In addition to the following five...

1. Blackmon
2. Jeffrey
3. Fuller
4. Childs
5. Floyd

These are several other players who could help upgrade our WR corps...

* Dwight Jones-WR-North Carolina, 6-4 225 4.53
* Kendall Wright-WR-Baylor, 5-10 190 4.42
* Nick Toon-WR-Wisconsin, 6-2 220 4.52
* Juron Criner-WR-Arizona, 6-4 215 4.62
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Blackmon is definitely my top pick, "EXPLOSIVE" easily top 10 pick no doubt.

Second pick, Jeff Fuller, can't remember the last good receiver that came out of Texas A&M though, I always thought they produced good D players.

my sleeper pick is Dwight Jones, he looked pretty sick this past weekend, how come no hype for him.

Greg Childs, anyone else think he reminds you of Julio Jones??

And of course Michael Floyd, pretty good start 154 yards, I don't think hes a top 10 pick though, of course a good 40 time could change that.
Originally posted by Vasco49er:

If we had even an average QB, our passing attack would be dominant (as long as the OL played decent). If we don't keep Braylon, I think we'll draft a WR early. Even if we don't hang on to Edwards, we still have a shot at a VERY good WR within the first three rounds. In addition to the following five...

1. Blackmon
2. Jeffrey
3. Fuller
4. Childs
5. Floyd

These are several other players who could help upgrade our WR corps...

* Dwight Jones-WR-North Carolina, 6-4 225 4.53
* Kendall Wright-WR-Baylor, 5-10 190 4.42
* Nick Toon-WR-Wisconsin, 6-2 220 4.52
* Juron Criner-WR-Arizona, 6-4 215 4.62

Great info OTC as usual
Marvin McNutt
Share 49ersWebzone