LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 276 users in the forums

which qb would you draft nxt year

• lazy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Kellen Moore
Originally posted by boo684:
were are not going to get any of those qb. niners will do good this year. they will win 10 or more games......

please pass along whatever you're injecting, smoking and or snorting. OK thanks.
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by boo684:
were are not going to get any of those qb. niners will do good this year. they will win 10 or more games......

please pass along whatever you're injecting, smoking and or snorting. OK thanks.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
lets say we didnt have a good season and kap doesnt pan out but we are not in the position to draft luck. Which qb would you want to draft nxt year? personally I would want matt barkley because he plays a pro style offense at USC.

With a good season and it's not Kap then I would say resign Smith because he must have carried the team and let Kap have another season or 2.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Matt Barkley!
There should be some quality QBs in the draft.

First Round
Andrew Luck, Stanford
Landy Jones, Oklahoma
Matt Barkley, USC

2nd-4th Round
Nick Foles, Arizona
Kirk Cousins, Michigan State
Kellen Moore, Boise State
Ryan Lindley, San Diego State
Brandon Weeden, Oklahoma State
Ryan Tannehill, Texas A&M
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

First Round
Andrew Luck, Stanford
Landy Jones, Oklahoma
Matt Barkley, USC

2nd-4th Round
Nick Foles, Arizona

the way the NFL is shaped now take half of the second rounders and put um in the first

First Round
Andrew Luck, Stanford
Landy Jones, Oklahoma
Matt Barkley, USC

2nd-4th Round
Nick Foles, Arizona

Foles is as good as any of those guys. His arm is real big. With another year of development he may find himself in the 1st round.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

First Round
Andrew Luck, Stanford
Landy Jones, Oklahoma
Matt Barkley, USC

2nd-4th Round
Nick Foles, Arizona

Foles is as good as any of those guys. His arm is real big. With another year of development he may find himself in the 1st round.

I agree with you about Foles; big arm, not fast but mobile enough to avoid pressure in the pocket, has that "it" factor that shows up in big games when it matters most. He probably makes at least 1 bone-headed throw a game, but that is something a coach like Harbaugh can coach out of him.

Having said that I think we only take a QB if we end up in the top 10 and have a shot at one of the big 3 names who would be clearly head and shoulders better than Kap (or if he dramatically flames out and is clearly not the answer).
Originally posted by Digger:

First Round
Andrew Luck, Stanford
Landy Jones, Oklahoma
Matt Barkley, USC

2nd-4th Round
Nick Foles, Arizona

I agree with you about Foles; big arm, not fast but mobile enough to avoid pressure in the pocket, has that "it" factor that shows up in big games when it matters most. He probably makes at least 1 bone-headed throw a game, but that is something a coach like Harbaugh can coach out of him.

Having said that I think we only take a QB if we end up in the top 10 and have a shot at one of the big 3 names who would be clearly head and shoulders better than Kap (or if he dramatically flames out and is clearly not the answer).

I totally disagree on Foles having a big arm. He has great size, but his arm strength IMO isn't as great as a lot of people make it out to be.

Foles best asset is his accuracy, he can put great touch on short routes, which is where the vast majority of his passes are. In fact, probably a knock on him is being Mr. Checkdown and not showing he can make NFL level mid range throws.

If you watch a lot of Foles you will see that when he makes his distance throws he puts way too much air under it to get the ball downfield. His best assets are great size, great accuracy, great vision, quick release. Arm strength IMO is one of the things lacking.

IMO Ryan Wheeden is my favorite candidate. I'd be fine with the first 3 candidate (hell if we got Luck I would s**t my pants). But I don't think we will have a top 10 pick, probably pick in the teens. And at that point I'd look for Wheeden, he can make the ball fly out of his hand with a quick release.

Edit: Lindley and Cousins seem to lack great arm strength on their release and IMO are the guys that are going to fall into the late rounds to UFA status.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Aug 6, 2011 at 1:16 AM ]

Originally posted by AB83Rules:
honestly if we do have a bad season, and out of Andrew Luck range, which I think is 1st or 2nd pick.

If we go QB, which I hope not, Cause I love Kap, I would go Landry Jones. He impresses me more than Barkley.

But for me, I would go CB in rd 1. Kirkpatrick from Bama is one of my favs.

And then if available, I would go NT in rd 2, or if we draft high, trade back, get a CB in rd 1, NT in rd 2, and if we get an extra 2, Heck Id use it on Boise State's Kellen Moore if their.

I love that kid, he is a winner. And has tons of talent.

I agree. Love this scenario.

Except if we don't go QB in the first, I would like if we got Kirkpatrick first and WR in the second. If somehow Fuller, Broyles, or Criner were still there.
Originally posted by titan:
Matt Barkley!
Originally posted by lazy:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Kellen Moore

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Digger:

First Round
Andrew Luck, Stanford
Landy Jones, Oklahoma
Matt Barkley, USC

2nd-4th Round
Nick Foles, Arizona

I totally disagree on Foles having a big arm. He has great size, but his arm strength IMO isn't as great as a lot of people make it out to be.

Foles best asset is his accuracy, he can put great touch on short routes, which is where the vast majority of his passes are. In fact, probably a knock on him is being Mr. Checkdown and not showing he can make NFL level mid range throws.

If you watch a lot of Foles you will see that when he makes his distance throws he puts way too much air under it to get the ball downfield. His best assets are great size, great accuracy, great vision, quick release. Arm strength IMO is one of the things lacking.

IMO Ryan Wheeden is my favorite candidate. I'd be fine with the first 3 candidate (hell if we got Luck I would s**t my pants). But I don't think we will have a top 10 pick, probably pick in the teens. And at that point I'd look for Wheeden, he can make the ball fly out of his hand with a quick release.

Edit: Lindley and Cousins seem to lack great arm strength on their release and IMO are the guys that are going to fall into the late rounds to UFA status.

Agreed on everything.

But isn't Wheeden kind of old (high 20's)?? Or this isn't the same QB for Oklahoma St.??
we aint taken a qb, waste of time.
Share 49ersWebzone