LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

which qb would you draft nxt year

lets say we didnt have a good season and kap doesnt pan out but we are not in the position to draft luck. Which qb would you want to draft nxt year? personally I would want matt barkley because he plays a pro style offense at USC.
if we were to get a qb in next years draft I'd like to get Landry Jones from Oklahoma
Originally posted by GoNiners:
if we were to get a qb in next years draft I'd like to get Landry Jones from Oklahoma

looks like we may have a shot at luck, barkley or jones
Is this a Luck or bust draft? If we tanked this season, would it have been worth it for any QBs like Barkley and basically anyone taken after Luck in the first round?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Which ever top QB that falls to us Luck, Barkley or Landry Jones.
no love for CK?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
no love for CK?

Meh.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I just took a glimpse at our schedule...boy are we in for rude awakening. I swear the only teams we can beat are the Bengals, Browns and Redskins. so i guess we might LUCK out between the top tier qb's
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Negrodamus:

I just took a glimpse at our schedule...boy are we in for rude awakening. I swear the only teams we can beat are the Bengals, Browns and Redskins. so i guess we might LUCK out between the top tier qb's

I wouldn't count on us beating any of those teams. Do I have faith yes, OK, I think we put it to the Redskins, but the Bengals and Browns I wouldn't be so sure of that.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

I wouldn't count on us beating any of those teams. Do I have faith yes, OK, I think we put it to the Redskins, but the Bengals and Browns I wouldn't be so sure of that.

The only team I think we can beat of those 3 might be the Bengals but otherwise I agree we could end up with Luck
  • mike
  • Veteran
no love for CK?

Meh.

Lol he sounds like you've actually seen him play? Or are you simply saying meh because he's not 1st round pick rated?

I think colin will surprise us when we see him for the first time in preseason games, he should get a following quickly much like nate davis did(of course that means very little till real games start like we saw with nate), both definitely have a stronger arm than smith... and lets face it we're tired of a qb who both isn't very accurate in short throws AND can't throw a long ball with any kind of explosiveness...

Just from what I've been reading, it sounds like colin's been accurate with an explosive arm. I think we wouldn't have drafted him if we thought we were going to draft another qb next year. Harbaugh has his man to develop, trust that he can do it.
the sooner you guys accept the fact that we aren't getting andrew luck, then the easier it''ll be for you when seattle or buffalo draft him.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by mike:
no love for CK?

Meh.

Lol he sounds like you've actually seen him play? Or are you simply saying meh because he's not 1st round pick rated?

I think colin will surprise us when we see him for the first time in preseason games, he should get a following quickly much like nate davis did(of course that means very little till real games start like we saw with nate), both definitely have a stronger arm than smith... and lets face it we're tired of a qb who both isn't very accurate in short throws AND can't throw a long ball with any kind of explosiveness...

Just from what I've been reading, it sounds like colin's been accurate with an explosive arm. I think we wouldn't have drafted him if we thought we were going to draft another qb next year. Harbaugh has his man to develop, trust that he can do it.

My opinion and argument of Kaepernick starts here: Link

His passing yards and accuracy stats are padded. He threw a lot of screens and did a lot of dinking and dunking in college.

In short, I think he will struggle to make the transition to a NFL starting QB.
no love for CK?

i love CK!
Share 49ersWebzone