There are 210 users in the forums

In 5 years, who will be the best QB from this draft??

In 5 years, who will be the best QB from this draft??

Originally posted by Amir:
lol

I've given up on him LA. He bumped his own thread when JJ Watt had his monster game in the playoffs but gets mad when people bump threads about Aldon.

Nobody is angry when Aldon's thread gets bumped. It means he is playing well, and that is fine with me. As for bumping Watt's thread, I couldn't tell you whether I did or didn't. Not sure why you feel compelled to attack me on threads. This is all for fun. Let it go, Amir. Same team.
Gabbert lol
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
First off let me say I respect your football knowledge and your draft analysis. I don't think your an idiot, I just think your a bit on the stubborn side, That's okay because most great minds are, but in this particular case you are trying to make you are way off my friend. Your near the point where you are trolling and bashing Zoners for being homers, which should be a given that they would be. I'm sure if you go to nearly any fan forum a vast majority of the teams there will be bias towards their teams draft picks and will discredit every other prospect in the draft except Luck and maybe RGIII. It's similar to the way you bash the 49ers front office when they don't make the move YOU thought they should make in the draft. Now if they had traded up and selected DeCastro, you would have a serious bromance for Coach and TB. At the end of the day if you stand by your work then let the truth come out over time via the players production on the field, the bump your thread and... . I mean that's if you consider yourself an expert...

Thanks for your kind thoughts. The background behind this bump goes back to a few people who cannot stand any criticism I make toward Niners' management. It makes them furious, and they rush to defend management post draft. Of course, a few of these angry people admit that they do not know certain players, but argue that I am certainly wrong on my analysis...because it does not match management's thoughts. These select individuals hyper-inflate the value of the Niners players selected post draft, and downgrade players not selected by the team. They go on to state how I am so wrong.

My point is that these specific individuals do not argue in creditable way. They simply buy the company line. And, then trash anyone who disagrees. Having a disagreement over a player(s) is fine, but to argue from the standpoint that....you are wrong, even though I don't know the player...is a weak argument.

As stated before, it is human nature for the majority of board members, in this non-scientific survey, to have their guy as the best. However, to defend it to the death, having conceded that you really didn't know much about the guy pre-draft is pretty silly.

As for trolling, I am not following any member around from thread to thread to criticize their perspective. There are some who do that to me, and it takes away from the board.

Finally, this is all fun and games. Nobody knows how this is all going to play out. For anyone to get lathered up about the matter is silly.

+1, Respect.
Dalton will be but Kaep will win a SB before him.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
lol 61% voted Kaepernick
Kaepernick wont be a starter in 3 years. He gonn suck
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Nobody is angry when Aldon's thread gets bumped. It means he is playing well, and that is fine with me. As for bumping Watt's thread, I couldn't tell you whether I did or didn't. Not sure why you feel compelled to attack me on threads. This is all for fun. Let it go, Amir. Same team.

MD, please don't take me criticizing you as attacks. I'm just pointing out some flaws. Anyways, I have nothing against you. We're all Niner fan no matter who we draft.
MD, please don't take me criticizing you as attacks. I'm just pointing out some flaws. Anyways, I have nothing against you. We're all Niner fan no matter who we draft.

Puppy dogs and flowers.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame

Puppy dogs and flowers.

Dalton ...the Bengals will continue to add weapons for him , and he will continue to improve his overall game along the way ...The Bengals struck gold in the 2nd round

Newton will also have a stellar career, but he must improve his passing game for the long run , he wont always have the physical gifts he has now, he needs to be like Vick and become a pocket passer to prolong his career
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Dalton ...the Bengals will continue to add weapons for him , and he will continue to improve his overall game along the way ...The Bengals struck gold in the 2nd round

Newton will also have a stellar career, but he must improve his passing game for the long run , he wont always have the physical gifts he has now, he needs to be like Vick and become a pocket passer to prolong his career

Newton had one of the greatest passing years of any rookie QB ever, and in just about every passing category, he was better than Dalton. So I'm not sure what you mean by this or why you would specifically call that out for Cam.

Originally posted by ImaMod:
lol 61% voted Kaepernick
Kaepernick wont be a starter in 3 years. He gonn suck

Even if gonn
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:

Newton had one of the greatest passing years of any rookie QB ever, and in just about every passing category, he was better than Dalton. So I'm not sure what you mean by this or why you would specifically call that out for Cam.

I only meant his physical skills wont be the same down the road, rushing for 20 TD'S is an AMAZING feat, cant see any other QB accomplish that again, including Newton , and you gotta admit Cam made a LOT of plays with his feet and his WR's got a lot of YAC ,The guy is a PLAYMAKER ...but Steve Young and Michael Vick both had to focus their skill sets exclusively towards developing into pocket passer towards the later part of their careers, even though we all know they still made plays with their feet, .......which I'm sure Cam is well aware of ...last year was a special year for Newton, but when he enters his 8th year or so, Cam wont be able to punk out a defense and make plays with his feet like he did last year ...which is why I expect the Panthers staff to help him become more of a pocket passer, and add more weapons for him to throw at, and utilize his physical gifts while he is still in amazing condition ....or else they will grind him down like Cadillac Williams if they expect him to duplicate last years amazing season
Voting results on this poll are completely objective
Depends who their coaches are.

If they get a Nowin or Bumbleberry then they're sunk.
Newton will be awesome once Carolina gets some defensive help.

I also think Dalton will be good. They are the premier crop of young QB talent (along with Stafford).
Share 49ersWebzone