LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

In 5 years, who will be the best QB from this draft??

In 5 years, who will be the best QB from this draft??

cam is a beast, surprised didnt have more votes for him
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

No one will speak up, but there were a LOT of doubters of him when he was drafted.

I'll even freely admit I was a doubter. I did not expect him to do close to what he did in his first year. I always have a bias against QBs that are quick to rely on their legs in college.

But I do think his performance is being hyped up. A lot of his production came early before teams game planned around him and Steve Smith made him look damn good.

But no doubt Cam put on hell of a show his rookie year.

Edit: But I did draft Steve Smith in my auction fantasy league for $3
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on May 14, 2012 at 3:01 PM ]
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

No one will speak up, but there were a LOT of doubters of him when he was drafted.

I'll even freely admit I was a doubter. I did not expect him to do close to what he did in his first year. I always have a bias against QBs that are quick to rely on their legs in college.

But I do think his performance is being hyped up. A lot of his production came early before teams game planned around him and Steve Smith made him look damn good.

But no doubt Cam put on hell of a show his rookie year.

Edit: But I did draft Steve Smith in my auction fantasy league for $3

I was a doubter myself. I thought here we go this is another Vince Young great college athlete but won't transition to the Pro game. However I do think he is going to be a very good NFL QB after watching him in a few games last year. He makes a lot of throws which on players of elite talent make. If he improves in his second season he could quickly elevate himself to being an elite QB.
Dalton, then Kap, followed by Locker.

Ponder sucked in college and will continue to do so in Minny. Gabbert doesn't stand a change without a spread offense and quick reads.
I totally doubted Cam Newton. I didn't think he was accurate enough, and I thought his HEAD was too big for the room, but he had the best rookie season of all time. Let's see if he improves.

CK shouldn't be given up on yet, but I'm glad we brought in Josh Johnson. If CK wasn't doing everything before, he sure will be now and if Alex goes down, Josh Johnson is better security with more pro experience.

Either way, it's good to have some competition at the QB.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by buck:
MD.

It is apparent that this poll clearly supports your prespective.

cheers

Buck

CK may end up the best QB in this draft. Although it doesn't look great now, anything can happen. I am just posting this as a reminder of how people tend to overinflate the value of players their team selects and devalue players not selected by the team. It is natural, as fans want to believe that their guy will come out on top, and also undeniable.

My beef, which is not related to you at all, is that a few boisterous people will defend Niners' management (past and present) to the death, even though they know very little about the players in the draft. Sub in another player for CK (let's say Locker) and you will get similar strong numbers for Locker. It is what it is...human nature. They grade players after the draft, based on who selected them, instead of before the draft. Niners select Brian Quick...star. Rams select Brian Quick...overrated. It is not an objective approach to a fair evaluation. They feel extremely hurt when I do not post glowing remarks about all the Niners picks, and lash out. While they have the right to feel strongly about their position, it is not one of strength, and one they should feel so confident about that any person who doesn't agree with them, and Niners management, becomes an enemy. These same people never post pre-draft comments or grades on players because: 1) they do not know much about the draft; or 2) it puts them in a box.

I respect OTC because his analysis of players is not post-draft. We sometimes disagree on players for sure (he doesn't like Trenton Robinson at all, while I think he has starting potential down the road). His analysis is always honest because it is not based on the good guys or bad guys selecting a player. I don't care for the Eagles a bit, but thought they were big winners in this draft. The same goes for the Rams.

First off let me say I respect your football knowledge and your draft analysis. I don't think your an idiot, I just think your a bit on the stubborn side, That's okay because most great minds are, but in this particular case you are trying to make you are way off my friend. Your near the point where you are trolling and bashing Zoners for being homers, which should be a given that they would be. I'm sure if you go to nearly any fan forum a vast majority of the teams there will be bias towards their teams draft picks and will discredit every other prospect in the draft except Luck and maybe RGIII. It's similar to the way you bash the 49ers front office when they don't make the move YOU thought they should make in the draft. Now if they had traded up and selected DeCastro, you would have a serious bromance for Coach and TB. At the end of the day if you stand by your work then let the truth come out over time via the players production on the field, the bump your thread and... . I mean that's if you consider yourself an expert...
I met Kap the other day at an airport. He was on the same plane as me. He's a very cool and approachable person. In 4 years, he will be the man. Under JH, CK7 will be the best.
Originally posted by martysofresh:
I met Kap the other day at an airport. He was on the same plane as me. He's a very cool and approachable person. In 4 years, he will be the man. Under JH, CK7 will be the best.

I hope so, I'm stock piling his rookie cards just in case. Some for my pc and other to cash in at a later day.
lulz at Kaepernick being the best quarterback five years from now.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
First off let me say I respect your football knowledge and your draft analysis. I don't think your an idiot, I just think your a bit on the stubborn side, That's okay because most great minds are, but in this particular case you are trying to make you are way off my friend. Your near the point where you are trolling and bashing Zoners for being homers, which should be a given that they would be. I'm sure if you go to nearly any fan forum a vast majority of the teams there will be bias towards their teams draft picks and will discredit every other prospect in the draft except Luck and maybe RGIII. It's similar to the way you bash the 49ers front office when they don't make the move YOU thought they should make in the draft. Now if they had traded up and selected DeCastro, you would have a serious bromance for Coach and TB. At the end of the day if you stand by your work then let the truth come out over time via the players production on the field, the bump your thread and... . I mean that's if you consider yourself an expert...

Thanks for your kind thoughts. The background behind this bump goes back to a few people who cannot stand any criticism I make toward Niners' management. It makes them furious, and they rush to defend management post draft. Of course, a few of these angry people admit that they do not know certain players, but argue that I am certainly wrong on my analysis...because it does not match management's thoughts. These select individuals hyper-inflate the value of the Niners players selected post draft, and downgrade players not selected by the team. They go on to state how I am so wrong.

My point is that these specific individuals do not argue in creditable way. They simply buy the company line. And, then trash anyone who disagrees. Having a disagreement over a player(s) is fine, but to argue from the standpoint that....you are wrong, even though I don't know the player...is a weak argument.

As stated before, it is human nature for the majority of board members, in this non-scientific survey, to have their guy as the best. However, to defend it to the death, having conceded that you really didn't know much about the guy pre-draft is pretty silly.

As for trolling, I am not following any member around from thread to thread to criticize their perspective. There are some who do that to me, and it takes away from the board.

Finally, this is all fun and games. Nobody knows how this is all going to play out. For anyone to get lathered up about the matter is silly.

You bumped a thread in which you asserted that Blaine Gabbert would be the best QB in 5 years in an attempt to prove the extremely obvious point that fans over inflate the value of the players that their team's draft?
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
You bumped a thread in which you asserted that Blaine Gabbert would be the best QB in 5 years in an attempt to prove the extremely obvious point that fans over inflate the value of the players that their team's draft?

lol

I've given up on him LA. He bumped his own thread when JJ Watt had his monster game in the playoffs but gets mad when people bump threads about Aldon.
Originally posted by Amir:

lol

I've given up on him LA. He bumped his own thread when JJ Watt had his monster game in the playoffs but gets mad when people bump threads about Aldon.

nominations for the T.O. award are now being accepted....................
(double post)
[ Edited by 49erfeeeever808 on May 15, 2012 at 10:47 AM ]

For the record, I had as my top three QB's: 1) Gabbert; 2) Dalton; 3) Newton. OTC had the same board. So far, it doesn't look good for Gabbert, but we will see. As stated when I bumped this thread, any of these guys could emerge as the best, including CK.

I bumped this thread because some are skeptical that who the Niners select impacts their final draft grade for the team. I gave this draft class a C+. For some, this makes them furious, and they will defend Niners' management, regardless of the player. To me, this is shoddy analysis.

Last time I checked, Gabbert was not drafted by the Niners.
Share 49ersWebzone