There are 147 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

OTC's Draft Eve 49er Mock -- April 27

Originally posted by lamontb:
Never in my life have i heard anybody ever say anything about the length of cb's arms. Parcells says it and it's know an issue. Not buying it.

I agree. That's the 1st I've ever heard of "short arms on a CB". I think that would be near the bottom of things you think about when scouting a CB.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Love everything except the first pick. Prince is supposed to have real short arms. Not good for a CB. I'd cream my pants for everything else, though.

His arms are not that short. I imagine you're referring to the Parcells note on Amukamara? FYI, Parcells has Prince #1 on his board ahead of Peterson, despite these supposed "short arms."

That is where I heard it. I didn't catch where he said Prince was ahead of Peterson on his board. I guess that makes it a little better. Still, I hope it doesn't hinder his coverage skills.

[ Edited by mayo49 on Apr 27, 2011 at 13:11:43 ]
Love everything except the first pick. Prince is supposed to have real short arms. Not good for a CB. I'd cream my pants for everything else, though.

His arms are not that short. I imagine you're referring to the Parcells note on Amukamara? FYI, Parcells has Prince #1 on his board ahead of Peterson, despite these supposed "short arms."

That is where I heard it. I didn't catch where he said Prince was ahead of Peterson on his board. I guess that makes it a little better. Still, I hope it doesn't hinder his coverage skills.

His arms are an 1 and 1/2 shorter then Petersons. Lol. Not enough to take him off our Draft Board lol. And yeah, on Bill's board he's rated higher. Go look at the Parcells' thread, last page. I posted the complete list/rankings
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Never in my life have i heard anybody ever say anything about the length of cb's arms. Parcells says it and it's know an issue. Not buying it.

I agree. That's the 1st I've ever heard of "short arms on a CB". I think that would be near the bottom of things you think about when scouting a CB.

Exactly. Anything about arm length has always been regarding offensive tackles.
Originally posted by PTulini:
I like most of the picks, but I'm just not a fan of Ricky Stanzi.

You know, I'm not a big fan either. I think it would be a risky pick, but for some reason I think we still might do it. Here's to hoping whoever we get turns out to be just fine though.

I might be the only one, but after all the things I've read on Harbaugh and the criteria he's looking for in a QB, I'm convinced that the 49ers are targeting Nevada QB Colin Kaepernick.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Travisty13:

His arms are an 1 and 1/2 shorter then Petersons. Lol. Not enough to take him off our Draft Board lol. And yeah, on Bill's board he's rated higher. Go look at the Parcells' thread, last page. I posted the complete list/rankings

Thanks, Trav his arms aren't real short like Parcells made it sound. I know E. Davis had him as a better pure CB than Peterson. I have alot of respect to what Davis has to say having played the position himself. I guess I overreacted a little bit. Still, I don't like short arms on my CB's. But, it sounds like Prince's arms a just about average.

[ Edited by mayo49 on Apr 27, 2011 at 13:29:48 ]

You know, I'm not a big fan either. I think it would be a risky pick, but for some reason I think we still might do it. Here's to hoping whoever we get turns out to be just fine though.

I might be the only one, but after all the things I've read on Harbaugh and the criteria he's looking for in a QB, I'm convinced that the 49ers are targeting Nevada QB Colin Kaepernick.

In the back of my mind, I think the player at #28 that the Patriots and "some other team" have a deal in place for could be Kaepernick. I'm more inclined to think it's Dalton, but Kap is possible.

Hey, you could be right. I love Kaepernick as a player, but he'll need some retooling and development. I just want his throwing motion shortened because it's a long one. I don't care about his style of delivery per se, if we can just shorten the unload time.
The mock is good but unfortunately i think there will be trades involved. Those are hard to predict. I think Baelke likes to target specific players and if their not available he likes to trade for the future or more picks. Or he will try and move up to get the guy. Like Shane Vereen... He might not be there in the 4th but they will try and get something done.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
Hey OTC

What about greg little for the 4th rd WR
Nice Mock. I will take it.
  • dwett
  • Veteran
Great Mock as always. The only thing I see throwing a monkey wrench in your picks is trades. I just don't seeing us coming out of this draft with 12 players.

The trade I'm looking for is for us to move back from 7 and draft either Prince or Quinn and then, using that additional ammunition, to move up to get a QB in the late first. I also would not be surprised if we moved up again in the 3rd or 4th round to snap another player of interest.

It may only change a couple of picks though. The main one being Stanzi as our QB.

Stanzi in the second is definitely a reach. That said, I do not think it is unreasonable to expect him to be picked then. Ultimately, this is what I really dislike about this draft: the QBs are way over-valued. Where do you think Stanzi goes in last years draft? Probably the 4th round? Yet, he is likely to be a 2nd or 3rd rounder this season.

In the end, I'm okay with drafting him so long as he's not the Week 1 or even the Week 16 starter. Stanzi needs time to develop, especially physically.

Scott
Originally posted by dmax:
Hey OTC

What about greg little for the 4th rd WR

That would be an absolute no-brainer, as he is an absolutely electric player who would physically dominate corners in the NFL. Only problem is he likely won't be there in the 4th. I believe he'll go in the 2nd or early 3rd round.

Little has enormous potential and had only just cracked the surface of it after converting from RB to WR at UNC. Little is even faster than his timed speed indicates and can either juke you out of your socks or run over you in the open field. Extremely tough to bring down, and rarely loses a battle for a jump ball. Outstanding blocker too.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Total Access tonight is going to have a segment comparing Prince and Peterson. Be interesting to see what they say. Hopelly, Mayock is doing the evaluating.

[ Edited by mayo49 on Apr 27, 2011 at 15:00:43 ]

I really hope Ballke moves around this draft. Hopefully the opportunity is there.