There are 70 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Janoris Jenkins possible supplemental draft?

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 4DNinersSon:
No problem giving up a second. He would be the 2nd or 3rd best corner in this draft had he come out this year. I love Peterson and think Akamura is over rated. Watch his OSU game against the only elite receiver he faced if you are convinced differently.

I don't wanna make this into a Amukamara hijacked thread, but c'mon, that was Justin Blackmon Prince was up against. IMO, that game just shows you how good Blackmon is or is gonna be at the next level.

But as for Jenkins, it would be a very smart move to enter the Supp draft now.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by 4DNinersSon:
No problem giving up a second. He would be the 2nd or 3rd best corner in this draft had he come out this year. I love Peterson and think Akamura is over rated. Watch his OSU game against the only elite receiver he faced if you are convinced differently.

I don't wanna make this into a Amukamara hijacked thread, but c'mon, that was Justin Blackmon Prince was up against. IMO, that game just shows you how good Blackmon is or is gonna be at the next level.

But as for Jenkins, it would be a very smart move to enter the Supp draft now.

imagine if we got prince orr pp7 in this draft along with Jenkins and Clements and spencer

wed have best secondary depth in nfl and 2 potential young shut down corners
Originally posted by KID9R:
Can you say
]

For all the trouble Jenkins is getting in, his talent alone isn't going to make up for it enough to get him picked very high, supplemental draft or regular draft.

Kid's going to have to overcome questions about those character issues now on top of the serious injury he had surgery on.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
For all the trouble Jenkins is getting in, his talent alone isn't going to make up for it enough to get him picked very high, supplemental draft or regular draft.

Kid's going to have to overcome questions about those character issues now on top of the serious injury he had surgery on.

So where's the highest you would see him going OTC? He has 1st Rd. talent, but like you mentioned has quite a few red flags? 4th Rd?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Travisty13:

So where's the highest you would see him going OTC? He has 1st Rd. talent, but like you mentioned has quite a few red flags? 4th Rd?

I'd have to say 3rd round.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I'd have to say 3rd round.

Good, I was thinking I wouldn't mind giving up a 3rd next year for him. If he could get his act together, it'd be heck of a value.
Not a fan of Jenkins. IIRC people were saying he might go late first/early 2nd if he came out this year. He's being overrated IMO.

yeah but check out Mike Williams from Tampa Bay getting kicked off Syracuse. If the kid has talent and can make something out of it then you take him. Every pick is a gamble period. Why not waste it on someone who has the most potential and talent?
I'd be surprised if he went before the 5th. I'd be shocked if someone drafts him inside the 3rd. He's too immature to trust with money.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
wow

btw how does the supplemental draft thing work?

whatever round he is drafted in that team has to give up that pick in the real draft the following year

Originally posted by Overkill:
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
wow

btw how does the supplemental draft thing work?

Teams basically submit bids for players.

If you want this guy, you can bid a 3rd round pick for him. If someone else bids a 2nd, or has a higher 3rd, than they get him. If not, you do.

oh alright. thanks
I know we only went with high character guys this draft, but does anyone think we may take a shot at him considering we did not draft an immediate starter???
Originally posted by asu49ers:
I know we only went with high character guys this draft, but does anyone think we may take a shot at him considering we did not draft an immediate starter???

to me it would not hurt. I think Culliver is going to play Saftey anyways. We going to have to grab someone especially if Spencer goes down with injury. Clements will be getting torched on the fly routes.

considering on how much we reached for in the draft I would still offer a 3rd. Players that have 1st round talent and have "character concerns" generally slip to 3rd/4th round picks. I dont consider marijuana charges a threat to his performance on the field.